razorpit said:
    Man, I need some help here. Should I cancel my Xs Max preorder?    :D
    I think you should double down!
    watto_cobrarazorpit
  • Reply 22 of 34
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    lewchenko said:
    Competition is a good thing.
    It makes companies try harder , including Apple. 

Let's hope they don't price whatever it is into the stratosphere too like Apple just did.
    Soon the moto of these companies will be

"Truly amazing phones for the rich, and we have some average ones for the poor folk. Something for everyone."

Or something like that Tim Cook said lol. 
    Apple doesn't care about competition. Copying does NOT inspire innovation like you people say. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 34
    Mirrorless Camera?

I think they would fail miserably if they did. Until recently, the Sony A7 was pretty well all there was but we have seen Canon and Nikon (2 bodies) release really superb devices in recent weeks.
    I'll be testing the Nikon Z6 next week.

Not going to get the z7?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 34
    volcan said:
    supadav03 said:
    4 cameras? 4 new devices? Wonder what it’s referring to. Guess it doesn’t matter, since I wouldn’t buy anything from Samsung 
    According to the Samsung Developer Conference website, the speculation is that it is a new Galaxy phone with four rear cameras. Funny thing is, the article was posted 2 months ago and has zero comments so far. "A lot of people are saying..."  :p
    Is it one on each corner?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 34
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,924member
    lewchenko said:

Let's hope they don't price whatever it is into the stratosphere too like Apple just did.

"Truly amazing phones for the rich, and we have some average ones for the poor folk. Something for everyone."

That isn’t what was said at all.

I got the X at $1000 over two years. It’s a great value. The number of devices it replaces and the quality of the device and software and jobs it performs for me is worth it the price. Just like my other computers. 
    Value is in the eye of the buyer. For some, $500 per year is too much, but the iPhone 7 @ $450-550 is a good deal (honestly, I think that's a great deal for what is still a very good phone.) 

For me the biggest value with iPhones is the fact that you get a quality phone that Apple will support and that remains fully functional for 3-4 years. I have a 6s that is long ago paid for and still works perfectly. It may not be quite as snappy or have as big a screen as the newer models, but not only does it do everything it did when I bought it, but all the new features Apple has added to iOS. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Samsung should just have a new phone every month. So people will not forget their name.

————

i have a Samsung refrigerator which I bought as open box and some big discount. It works fine for sometime but after awhile the ice maker start to have very thick buildup ice and other issues. It turns out the ice maker has some known issue and Samsung refuses to fix it. All they did is posting instructions online about how to fix the problem with this $3000 dollar state-of-the-art failing machine.

Never buy anything from Samsung again, even my wife again with me which rarely happened.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 34
    cpsro said:
    The new phone folds... twice!  2x2 = 4
    And it predicts the future? 
    watto_cobrarazorpit
  • Reply 28 of 34
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Has Apple ever done a teaser announcement?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 34
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,924member
    Soli said:
    "Gather round..."
  • Reply 30 of 34
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    MplsP said:
    Soli said:
    "Gather round..."
    To be more clear, of a product, not as part of an invitation where they're giving the media time to plan to get to wherever the event is being held. And of all their invitations this one seems to have no potential hidden message as it directly wants invitees to gather 'round by using a Bob Dylan lyric and that uses a drawing of Apple Park.
    edited September 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 34
    hypoluxa said:
    The only pieces of Sammy hardware I own is a 40" HD smart tv and BD player. Which are both fine for my uses. I have zero interest in their phones. It'll be interesting to see what they introduce.
    The only Samsung device I owned was 67” DLP which lasted forever since 2006. I got tired of it and just gave it away. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 34
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    A 4x smartphone zoom, foldable smartphone or whatever. It’ll be more interesting than Apple’s rather underwhelming recent iPhone event. The only real highlight was the impressive new Apple Watch redesign. But then it’s an ‘S’ year so to be expected I suppose.
  • Reply 33 of 34
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    lewchenko said:

Did … did you just lol yourself?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 34
    lewchenko said:

That isn’t what was said at all.

I got the X at $1000 over two years. It’s a great value. The number of devices it replaces and the quality of the device and software and jobs it performs for me is worth it the price. Just like my other computers. 
    Don't listen to him mate.  He is probably part of the same demographic which voted for Brexit in the UK.  Toothless whining gammon...