What happened with Apple's wireless AirPower charging pad, and why

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Possibly needs a slight redesign, existing photos are not exactly the same as the product they could ship. so we may still see it, but with a slightly bigger format. I don’t see them completely abandoning this, but they may leave it to other players since there seem to be so many already.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Kuyangkoh said:
    I have a qi stand and works every time, horizontally or vertically....plug it to iPad charger and BOOM....charge quickly 
    Wireless charging doesn't work the same as wired does when it comes to power delivery. Right now iPhone X and 8 are limited to 7.5w charging via a wireless charger that also supports 7.5w (or more.) A wireless charger could support 15w but the X and 8 still only charge at 7.5w. Sounds like the Xs, Xs Max, and R will charge at a faster rate (15w perhaps?)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Possibly needs a slight redesign, existing photos are not exactly the same as the product they could ship. so we may still see it, but with a slightly bigger format. I don’t see them completely abandoning this, but they may leave it to other players since there seem to be so many already.
    like...wifi airports.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    matrix077 said:
    It does look bad with no mention at all. However, Apple DID introduce new AirPods on intro video (with Hey Siri and presumably water proofing). So they’re kinda plan for AirPower for this event?
    From my experience, video like this could take 3-5 months from planning to finish. That would be 3-5 months ago Apple was still convinced themselves they could make it? That doesn’t sound too bad for the product after all. 
    It is their normal method of dealing with things like this. If they removed all traces from the website and refuse to comment on it, it didn't happen.