Apple now accepting preorders of iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch Series 4 [u]

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71
    I just hope Apple is able to ramp up everything (and no supplier problems) well in advance of holiday shopping season.
  • Reply 62 of 71
    Ordered AW 44mm silver stainless steel in 2 mins using Apple store app.  Pick up date 9/21.  Can’t wait!  Smooth process....great job Apple!
    SpamSandwichclaire1
  • Reply 63 of 71

Ordered a 40mm Apple Watch Series 4 for my wife, who has a history of AFib. Also ordered an iPhone XS for her to replace her 6S that's starting to have charging issues. She didn't want a big phone, so that ruled out the XS Max and the XR.

My iPhone upgrade will have to wait a month to get my 8 Plus half paid off through AT&T's Next Every Year plan; right now, I'm strongly leaning toward a XS Max because I'm used to the 8 Plus's physical size.

edited September 2018 claire1
  • Reply 64 of 71
    taddtadd Posts: 136member
    Do I understand correctly that the camera in the Xs is the same as the Xs Max?  For years I was a second class camera citizen because the Plus always had the better camera and I didn't like the larger size so I've had a succession of lesser-camera-equipped iPhones, since the 5 anyway.  
  • Reply 65 of 71
    rf9rf9 Posts: 70member
    tadd said:
    Do I understand correctly that the camera in the Xs is the same as the Xs Max?  For years I was a second class camera citizen because the Plus always had the better camera and I didn't like the larger size so I've had a succession of lesser-camera-equipped iPhones, since the 5 anyway.  
    Close.  The "standard" 6/6S/7/8/X all had the identical camera as the plus size phone.  However, the plus size phones (starting with 7 Plus I think) have a second rear camera that was not included on the smaller one.  So they all had the same standard wide-angle camera on both large and small but the larger plus phones have two cameras with the second being a "telephoto".
    This is the first year that both the small and large phones have the identical dual camera system.  The iPhone X last year was actually the first year the introduced dual camera to a smaller phone.  The main reason I got the 7 Plus was dual-camera, that's why I got the iPhone X last year as I wanted a smaller phone with dual cameras.  The XS and XS Max have identical camera systems and I believe the only difference between them is size.  The XR has the same wide-angle camera as well (but only one) and a few other differences.
  • Reply 66 of 71
    rf9rf9 Posts: 70member
    I was on the Apple store app and bought the 44mm Stainless Steel Black with sports band within 1 min of it going live.  I got a Sept 28 ship date.
    Fortunately this morning Verizon finally added the stainless steel so I was able to jump on it and get Sept 21st and cancel the Apple order.
  • Reply 67 of 71
    Soli said:
    evilution said:
    Am I getting confused here or does the series 4 watch no longer come with the option of a sapphire crystal front?
    Last year they started using sapphire backs, instead of plastic, for the Sport models that included GPS+Cellular, and this year they've made all Watch models have a sapphire crystal back while all the front glass is "Ion-X Strengthened Glass."

edit: They do list "Sapphire Crystal Glass" for the SS models on their order page.
    How annoying. Because of my job and hobby I need the best scratch resistance screen. I didn’t mind being forced into paying a bit more for stainless but now you have to have cellular built into the stainless watch as well. Even more expensive, especially as I don’t need the 2 options you have to have to get the sapphire screen that I do need.
  • Reply 68 of 71
    First up on my shopping list will be the AW4. I might wait a few months for the rush to settle out, but I will be buying. And that decision surprises me - I wouldn't have guessed I'd plan this just a few weeks ago.

I'll eventually upgrade my iPhone 7 to an iPhone Xs. I'll do the $29 battery, and then be on the lookout for deals in a few months. 
  • Reply 69 of 71
    Being a big fan of the smaller device, I am going to continue using my SE until the wheels fall off.  Unless Apple re-invents a device of that size, I suppose it will be my time to reluctantly move on.  And I still have the earbud jack. :blush: 
  • Reply 70 of 71
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Hey everyone,

Was perusing AT&T's website and saw the following regarding AW S4 GPS+Cellular:

Apple Watch Series 4 requires AT&T NumberSync to access the AT&T cellular network. For SMS/MMS messaging, the synced iPhone must be on and connected to the AT&T network (via cellular or Wi-Fi connection; if using Wi-Fi connection, smartphone must have Wi-Fi calling activated)

Q: Does this not mean that if the phone is off, you will not be able to receive SMS/MMS via the watch?  I think this goes against what I have read elsewhere in this thread.

Tom
    That sounds odd. I have Verizon. I’ve got the series 3 with LTE. I’ve made and received calls without the phone being anywhere near, but I haven’t thought about messaging. I’ll have to try it.
  • Reply 71 of 71
    Anyone pre-order thru T-mobile?.., I pre-ordered the XS on Friday and this morning T-mo has charged my bank account, Which I was told by T-mo they would not do until they started to ship my phone... Has anyone else had any new's yet on their pre-order?