65+ new features in watchOS 5 for Apple Watch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    albegarc said:
    Looks like a great update por the AW. It is suposed to be avilable por download today but I don´t know the time for that.
    1PM ET.
    albegarc
  • Reply 22 of 26
    albegarc said:
    Looks like a great update por the AW. It is suposed to be avilable por download today but I don´t know the time for that.
    1PM ET.
    Thank very much for the information.You are very nice.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    bluefire1 said:
    It sounds like an awesome upgrade, and I'll definitely be buying the next generation model, but would appreciate any suggestions as to where to sell my AW3.

I ordered the Series 4 on Apple's site and sold them my 42mm Series 3 with cellular for $225 through their "recycling" program.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    Some features, such as Raise to Speak for Siri, aren't available on all Watches. This one needs a Series 3 or better Watch.

I wish there were a list of what new features are not available on what Watches. I spent a lot of time trying to find it on my S2.

• Reply 25 of 26

I updated my Series 1 last night and, apparently, Raise to Siri is not supported on that model. I have no option to turn it on or off in the Settings app. I saw nothing online about the feature only being available to newer models.

EDIT: Never mind. I discovered on this page that it's only supported on Series 3 and later:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204389

edited September 2018
  • Reply 26 of 26
    TomETomE Posts: 172member
    Isn't the new Apple Watch Wonderful ?  I think it is ! 
    My Watch4LTE arrives Monday , Sept 24, and I am very anxious.
    Watch4LTE is impressive.  I may never need LTE very much because my IPhone is never more than 30' away.

As for health, I am looking forward to the Heart Monitor.  I have a Kardia Band and I love it, but a Watch with that capability built in will be wonderful.  I don't know what Kardia has that the Watch will not have as far as Heart Rate, but I think there is some history and evaluation by a MD (for a cost) that the Apple Watch4LTE might not have.  We just don't know at this point - but wait . . .  there is one more thing !

I will never use most of the Work Out features of the watch.  I am older w bad joints and I just don't want to suffer the pain of jogging or carrying around extra weights.
    However, the watch can (should) when technology possible have the following features.  It would be a wonderful day when it arrives with these features and they are properly integrated into Apple Health which needs a complete overhaul.  Read this as a <--- Complete Overhaul to make it really useful.

My MD's don't even want to look at my daily readings, much less what a watch might record.  It is a shame because Medical Care for the Average Individual is broken - especially in a small, rural health care setting. SE GA. (Insurance does not help much - except they know they will be paid something).

The Watch should have as soon as possible (& I don't know how to do all of these things with a small watch):

EKG - similar to my Kadia Band
    Body Temperature - I perform Left & Right Ear
    SPO2 with Heart Rate - my finger monitor does this & compare HR to the Blood Pressure device for deviation
    Blood Pressure - Systolic / Diastolic w HR
    Weight - when I step on a scale in the AM
    Glucose Reading - this is a big one.  I don't care how they do it.  The watch can have a little needle that pricks finger when I touch the crown

When the watch does this, the basic Vitals, it will be a Medical Marvel - Useful Health Care on your Wrist.  It might even make the Medical Marvels program on TV.

However, it is a Marvel in its own right.  And with some creative programming by some people who know what is really needed . . .  the sky is the limit.

TomE