AppleCare and ASPs

Posted:
in General Discussion
Probably a stupid question...

I have AppleCare, and a cracked iPhone screen.  Do I have to take/send it into Apple to get it repaired under AppleCare?  Or will any ASP do it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    crowley said:
    Probably a stupid question...

I have AppleCare, and a cracked iPhone screen.  Do I have to take/send it into Apple to get it repaired under AppleCare?  Or will any ASP do it?
    Any Apple-authorized service center with the right gear and training should be able to do it, but do call ahead first.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,691member
    I've only had to use AC once. I called the AC number and they took it from there.

In my case, they assigned an ASP to my issue and had someone travel 60km to my flat for an on-site repair (iMac hard drive).

In your case, if it is only a cracked screen and due to drop or other 'caused by the user' incident, it might not be covered under regular AC. If you have AC+ it might be different.

I'm out of touch with AC policies at present as the most recent iPhone we currently have is an iPhone 6.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I have AC+ through the iPhone upgrade program, so my understanding is that I'll have to pay something, but it'll be more like £30, as opposed to £280 without any AC.

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/screen-replacement
  • Reply 4 of 5
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Thanks for the responses though, both of you.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,691member
    Good luck! AC+ should pay for itself. Fingers crossed.