Early iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, Apple Watch orders are on the way to customers

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple customers are one step closer to being able to play with the new iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, as well as the new Apple Watch Series 4 with deliveries for Apple's new hardware starting to ship from carriers and stores ahead of Friday's official release.

There are reports of customers receiving notifications from their carriers and from the online Apple Store, advising their iPhone orders have shipped. Screenshots of the notifications posted to Twitter show the shipments as due to arrive on September 21 in practically all observable cases, with no difference in arrival date between carriers and stores.

AppleInsider received its own confirmation that iPhones and the Apple Watch Series 4 have commenced shipping, with deliveries anticipated for tomorrow.

Couriers and delivery firms are known to make sure they have enough employee coverage for iPhone launch periods, in order to ensure prompt deliveries of the products on the day of launch. Indeed, one leak in the days leading up to Apple's "Gather Round" event showed a courier in Italy warning employees of higher than usual deliveries on September 21, and continuing at elevated levels for the rest of the week.

Initial analysis of the pre-order process suggested the supply of the iPhone XS and XS Max are not as constrained as during the iPhone X launch. Even so, it was calculated by Gene Munster of Loup Ventures that those ordering before 3:20am ET when pre-orders commenced would certainly expect delivery at launch, but by 3:40am, orders for the iPhone XS Max had lead times of between 2 and 4 weeks.

Analysis also anticipate the iPhone XS, XS Max, and upcoming XR will beat 85 million units shipped by 2019.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    Not if you were an hour and forty minutes late to the party ordering a 256GB Xs Max.  :D
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 22
    razorpit said:
    Not if you were an hour and forty minutes late to the party ordering a 256GB Xs Max.  :D
    I was an hour and thirty minutes late, but I am getting my Gold XS Max 256gb on launch day. What color did you order?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 22
    I preordered the 512GB Xs Max at 3:15am EST and the shipping time was 2-3 weeks. 
    I checked my order status this morning and found out that it’s getting delivered September 28th if not sooner. 

edited September 2018 MissSteelworkerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 22
    I order my iPhone Max early when T-Mobiles website open their preorders at 2:40 and I'm still waiting for my phone to ship.. All it says ships by 9/21/18
    jbdragonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 22
    My 512GB Max will be delivered on Monday! My original estimate was the 28th-5th. This is the first time I’ve had a phone delivered early- so excited! 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 22
    I ordered a XS Max 256 GB Space Gray for my wife around 3:10 a.m. on the pre-order launch day from the Apple Store app on my phone. This was on their upgrade program where you pay monthly and can get a new phone each year. It left ZhengZhou, China on the 16th and is supposed to arrive here tomorrow.
    MissSteelworkerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 22
    fourteeluvfourteeluv Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    i ordered on t mobile late in the afternoon on the 14th. A 64 GB XS Max space grey. I received an email from UPS stating it will be delivered tomorrow. the t mobile web site has not updated though. just says ship by 9/21. That has happened before though. MyUPS is always ahead of t mobile.

Now i have to go to the apple store tonight and pick up a case.....
    jahbladewatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 22
    fourteeluvfourteeluv Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    I order my iPhone Max early when T-Mobiles website open their preorders at 2:40 and I'm still waiting for my phone to ship.. All it says ships by 9/21/18
    Just open a UPS account and put in your shipping address. it will tell you that you have a shipment scheduled for tomorrow.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 22
    iPhone XS and AW Series 4 both in Silver SS arriving tomorrow. :)
  • Reply 10 of 22
    sw5959sw5959 Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    I ordered at 10:35 am ET last Friday and mine shipped today. Not express however, so probably won't see it until the end of next week. XS Max 256 Space Gray
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 22
    h2oRulerh2oRuler Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    What the hell!  My iPhone X Max and AppleWatch were ordered by 3:07 AM on launch day from the AppleStore.  Just got shipping notification on the phone, September 28th delivery.  AppleWatch is still processing.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 22
         Purchased a gold 256 Max at 3:34 AM Eastern on the ATT website. To my surprise getting it tomorrow 
  • Reply 13 of 22
    Keep checking my watch order hoping for a delivery date bump now that orders are shipping. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 22
    My Xs Max as well as the Black stainless steel Watch arriving tomorrow. Excited!!

But there goes the weekend...
  • Reply 15 of 22
    razorpit said:
    Or 8 minutes late to the stainless steel AW4 party.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 22
    razorpit said:
    Not true. I waited until the next morning and ordered the 256 GB Xs Max Space Grey and will be getting it tomorrow morning. No issues at all and I was able to sleep well instead of waiting up to 3am. 
  • Reply 17 of 22
    kenckenc Posts: 195member
    Ordered a gold Max and a matching gold Watch-cellular on Verizon, a couple minutes before 3am ET, as the Verizon Store was open a few minutes early.

Got first notification that the Max was on its way on Tuesday for Friday delivery, out of Memphis. Delivery estimates have bounced from Thursday to Friday morning, to before 3p, and now before 8p. Box is 2lb! Was hoping that the Watch was also included, but apparently it's not. The Watch has not shipped, according to Verizon. I usually order straight from the Apple Store app, so this was the first time ordering straight from Verizon.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 22
    Ordered Friday 8PM and will get my XS MAX 256GB tomorrow:) 
  • Reply 19 of 22
    I ordered my unlocked 256 GB gray Max about 0640 CDT on "pre-order" day. It's scheduled for delivery about 0930 CDT tomorrow.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 22
    My Verizon iPhone Xs Max order shipped on Monday. It's actually here now at FedEx as of this morning. My Series 4 isn't supposed to deliver until sometime next week. 
    watto_cobra