iPhone XS LTE speeds up to 266 percent faster than iPhone X, early test reveals

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,696member
    payeco said:
    MplsP said:
    payeco said:
    Are people in here really that clueless? Yes you may get faster speeds in your area with whatever phone you have. This is a comparison of the old phone and the new phones in the same location. Posting all your speed tests are meaningless until you post the same speed test with the new phones.
    I think their point (at least as I take it) is that current LTE speeds are already quiet good (as fast or faster than the “233% faster” Xs speeds the article was quoting. This would seem to indicate that tower congestion and signal quality is going to play a much bigger roll than the phone. The other question it raises is whether there was an issue with the iPhone X they used for the test. If an iPhone X is capable of downloading at over 100 Mbps,and the iPhone Xs they used could get 73 Mbps speeds, why couldn’t their iPhone X? It may be more of an issue with the antenna and or signal amplifier than the intrinsic modem speed.
    4x4 MIMO, which the new phones have, is going to greatly improve speeds in areas where your signal is weak and hold on to that signal for longer.
    This is an important part of the set-up and has the potential to have a noticeable impact on user experience. Apple is still playing catch-up here but it is a big improvement.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 42 of 45
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    MplsP said:
    Soli said:
    I hate the fact that the bottom of the XS & XS Max are not symmetrical. What was Apple thinking?
    I didn't notice anything. Can you supply an image and point out how it's not symmetrical?
    It’s supposed to have a notch, just like the top!
    Is that what they're talking about?! Lame.
    sweetheart777
  • Reply 43 of 45
    payeco said:
    Faster is great. I’m paying through every imaginable orifice for 40 GB/month. I can easily rip through all of that in 42 minutes on Verizon with my iPhone X, especially with my Mac tethered to it. If I still had the “unlimited” plan, which would cap me to 8 GB/month before throttling back to 3G speeds of around 25 KB/second, which is only fast enough for email and iMessage, I can blast through that in 7-8 minutes.

Watch a 4K movie or two and that’s 10GB. Verizon charges $15 for each additional 1 GB. I don’t worry about the price of movies on iTunes. $15 movie, but downloading costs 5x as much and Hulu/YouTube make it difficult to download while you’re at Starbucks to watch later.

i don’t need faster. I need cheaper. Why bother getting 5G if it means I can burn through my data cap in under one minute. Then I’m looking for free wi-fi anywhere I can find it. I end up eating crap Thai food at this restaurant because the laundromat next door has 110 mbps down. Food might kill me, but for $10, I get pad Thai, a Thai iced tea and download 2-3 movies.
    You know Verizon has offered unlimited plans again for almost 2 years, right?
    Obviously you didn’t read my post before replying. Unlimited throttles to 3G speeds after 8 GB of hotspot or 20 GB of direct phone usage. Their definition of unlimited is NOT the dictionary definition. Based on how much attention you paid my post, I’m guessing you ignored the fine print.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    Faster is great. I’m paying through every imaginable orifice for 40 GB/month. I can easily rip through all of that in 42 minutes on Verizon with my iPhone X, especially with my Mac tethered to it. If I still had the “unlimited” plan, which would cap me to 8 GB/month before throttling back to 3G speeds of around 25 KB/second, which is only fast enough for email and iMessage, I can blast through that in 7-8 minutes.

Watch a 4K movie or two and that’s 10GB. Verizon charges $15 for each additional 1 GB. I don’t worry about the price of movies on iTunes. $15 movie, but downloading costs 5x as much and Hulu/YouTube make it difficult to download while you’re at Starbucks to watch later.

i don’t need faster. I need cheaper. Why bother getting 5G if it means I can burn through my data cap in under one minute. Then I’m looking for free wi-fi anywhere I can find it. I end up eating crap Thai food at this restaurant because the laundromat next door has 110 mbps down. Food might kill me, but for $10, I get pad Thai, a Thai iced tea and download 2-3 movies.
    Look at it this way:   they're doing you a favor.   Otherwise you'd be eating a BigMac.   At least the PadThai won't kill you slowly.
    Yeah but a Big Mac has never given me fissile material explosive diarrhea like the ?Thai place has. It’s scary to ask yourself “Did that noise come out of my bottom?”or wish you had handrails by the toilet so you can hang on. 
  • Reply 45 of 45
    Very slow LTE speeds on XS Max