A 'Maximum fine gold' custom iPhone XS Max will cost you over $15,000

Posted:
in iPhone
Russian luxury accessory producer Caviar has introduced a luxury line of premium iPhone XS Max units that have been given an external upgrade using precious metals and diamonds, including one model that uses solid gold and sells for over $15,000.

Caviar's Maximum Collection are all based on the iPhone XS Max, with the company electing only to offer the highest 512GB-capacity models in its range. The iPhones themselves are exactly the same as the standard models, except for the rear casing, which is replaced by one of a number of upscaled versions to make them a more luxurious device.

The Maximum Invincible model is billed as a design reminiscent of durable objects, such as a tank or armor, with mock rivets and plates on the rear. The casing is made from a 1-millimeter plate of hardened titanium, which is claimed to be able to stop a bullet.

Using carbon instead of glass on the back panel, the Maximum Ultralight is lighter than the standard iPhone XS Max, making the unit 8 grams lighter than the Apple-supplied model. The back uses a a textured diamond pattern, which the company says gives it a "special modern style."

On the more expensive end of the range, the Maximum Diamonds version is a combination of black PVD coating and diamonds, with 400 of the gems applied in a pattern on the rear of the iPhone.

There are two Gold models in the collection, with the Maximum Gold featuring a gold-plated casing, while the Maximum Fine Gold version is made of a solid gold panel weighing 150 grams.

The Caviar Maximum range starts from $5,200 for the Maximum Ultralight, with the Invincible selling for $5,500, and the Maximum Diamonds for $9,890. The Maximum Gold costs $5,960, and the Maximum Fine Gold is the most expensive at $15,340.

All models are supplied in a wooden lacquered case lined with black velvet, authenticity and company warranty certificates, a USB cable, and a charger. Obviously, there's no way to get service at an Apple store given the modifications to the device that Caviar has made.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Ugly!
    techprod1gy
  • Reply 2 of 9
    lmaclmac Posts: 206member
    A fool and his money are soon parted.
    rossb2tyler82
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Surprised the top end model actually has that much gold in it. 150 grams is almost $6,000 worth of gold.

Still overpriced, but at least it actually has a significant quantity of gold. I've seen companies that charge over $10K for a gold plated iPhone which probably has a couple grams at most of gold.
    rossb2watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    LatkoLatko Posts: 398member
    I am still recovering from the $15k first gen. iPhone (and a $12k LaserWriter - bought in the 80’s)  but worse: this will make my iPhone Xs Max feel so cheap 
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 5 of 9
    A $14000 gold plate on a $1000 IPhone protected by a $50 case.

At least the $50 covers up the fools gold...
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I assume that the mods kills off the wireless charging feature of the phones since power will probably not get to the coils with all that metal in the way (maybe the carbon fiber one might work).
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 9
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    lmac said:
    I applaud any and all who can figure out how to part moneyed tasteless fools from their (most likely) ill gotten gains.  The money will be better utilized in the real economy as a result.

Side question.  What happens when the moneyed fools take their new iPhones into the swimming pool?  After all, the watertight seal has been broken.
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 8 of 9
    JWSC said:
    lmac said:
    I applaud any and all who can figure out how to part moneyed tasteless fools from their (most likely) ill gotten gains.  The money will be better utilized in the real economy as a result.

Side question.  What happens when the moneyed fools take their new iPhones into the swimming pool?  After all, the watertight seal has been broken.
    Obviously the butler is sent to acquire a new one.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Spending lots of money to make your wireless reception worse...