Apple fixes Apple Watch rings issue with watchOS 5.0.1 update

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Rayz2016 said:
    laytech said:
    Series 4 is so far great. From the original apple to this series 4 it is like night and day. The battery so far is great, cellular brilliant and the bigger screen great too. I am not sure if it is necessary to drive for a thinner watch myself I would be happy if it was 2mm thicker with a longer battery life. For me, the screen could even be 2mm larger now even on the bigger watch watch. Don't get me wrong its a great size but thinner and smaller is not necessarily what people need.
    Well, if you’re right, they won’t sell any. 
    And, it's one of the main issues that marathon runners have with the AW:  It doesn't have enough battery life to complete a marathon.
    Run faster. 
    LOLOLOLOLOL
  • Reply 22 of 31
    Rayz2016 said:
    laytech said:
    Series 4 is so far great. From the original apple to this series 4 it is like night and day. The battery so far is great, cellular brilliant and the bigger screen great too. I am not sure if it is necessary to drive for a thinner watch myself I would be happy if it was 2mm thicker with a longer battery life. For me, the screen could even be 2mm larger now even on the bigger watch watch. Don't get me wrong its a great size but thinner and smaller is not necessarily what people need.
    And, it's one of the main issues that marathon runners have with the AW:  It doesn't have enough battery life to complete a marathon.
    Run faster. 
    Oh Thanks!   Why didn't I think of that!   Good idea!  
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Rayz2016 said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    laytech said:
    Was that necessary?
    ...  For many, increased battery life is an important issue.  And, it's one of the main issues that marathon runners have with the AW:  It doesn't have enough battery life to complete a marathon.

Nobody's trashing the watch -- but different people have different wants and needs.

Yes, it was necessary. Every day we have people saying stuff like:

"This is not necessarily what people need"

when what they really mean is:

"This is not what I want."

Contrary to popular belief, Apple doesn't make these decisions to spite individuals demanding their perfect product. They ask opinions and they carry out surveys (I get survey requests from them about once a quarter at least), and then, like every other product, they have to make tradeoffs. Would a better battery life be great for Marathon runners? Sure, but guess what? There are other sports beside marathon running, and there are other uses for an Apple watch besides sport.

Folk round here really need to get out of their own heads and understand that Apple isn't building a device just for them.

This explains why folk seem so disappointed that the new product is successful that they have to make up nonsense as to why it's successful:

"Well, of course it sells well. Apple fans will buy anything!"

Always my favourite that one.
    I think you were and are being overly harsh and arbitrary.   He made some good points that many others have already made and agree with.   Because you do not agree does not make him wrong.

Essentially, I think you may be assuming that he was simply trashing the Apple Watch.   But obviously, from his opening statement "Series 4 is so far great." he was not doing anything of the sort.  Instead, he merely pointed out what, to some, are correctable deficiencies in the product.

People do that on forums.  They discuss things.  
  • Reply 24 of 31
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    laytech said:
    Was that necessary?
    ...  For many, increased battery life is an important issue.  And, it's one of the main issues that marathon runners have with the AW:  It doesn't have enough battery life to complete a marathon.

Nobody's trashing the watch -- but different people have different wants and needs.

Contrary to popular belief, Apple doesn't make these decisions to spite individuals demanding their perfect product. They ask opinions and they carry out surveys (I get survey requests from them about once a quarter at least), and then, like every other product, they have to make tradeoffs. Would a better battery life be great for Marathon runners? Sure, but guess what? There are other sports beside marathon running, and there are other uses for an Apple watch besides sport.

Folk round here really need to get out of their own heads and understand that Apple isn't building a device just for them.

This explains why folk seem so disappointed that the new product is successful that they have to make up nonsense as to why it's successful:

I think you were and are being overly harsh and arbitrary.   He made some good points that many others have already made and agree with.   Because you do not agree does not make him wrong.

Essentially, I think you may be assuming that he was simply trashing the Apple Watch.   But obviously, from his opening statement "Series 4 is so far great." he was not doing anything of the sort.  Instead, he merely pointed out what, to some, are correctable deficiencies in the product.

No, people do NOT discuss things on forums. They imprint their wants and needs on everybody. if “I” want it and Apple’s product does not provide it then Apple has failed everybody. @Rayz2016 was not being overly harsh and arbitrary. He was being truthful. How many times have we read comments from people who declare they will never buy an Watch until it has a round face? They’ll never buy a Mac with the new keyboard. They’ll never buy a HomePod until... whatever. 

I wish I could give @Rayz2016 100 more upvotes for his truthful response.
    edited September 2018 kingofsomewherehot
  • Reply 25 of 31
    Rayz2016 said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    laytech said:
    Was that necessary?

I used my Air Jordan's to run a marathon once.  They were terrible. Nike really needs to get on that and make Air Jordan's that are better for marathons. /s

Speaking of battery life, I find it interesting that Apple still says 18 hours of use.  My S3 and now my S4 both get well over 18 hours.  I usually wake up in the 6 AM hour, put on my watch, wear it all day and at 11 PM I typically have over 55% and frequently over 60% of the battery remaining.  5 days of the week I get in at least an hour where I'm using the Workout app, I'm frequently texting, initiating phone calls, using Apple Pay, making HomeKit requests, setting timers, etc., all activities that I do every day.  When the Apple Heart Study was going I would also wear the watch at night and would wake up with typically ~40% battery, not bad for 24 hours.
    edited September 2018 kingofsomewherehot
  • Reply 26 of 31
    lkrupp said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    laytech said:
    Was that necessary?

No, people do NOT discuss things on forums. They imprint their wants and needs on everybody. if “I” want it and Apple’s product does not provide it then Apple has failed everybody. @Rayz2016 was not being overly harsh and arbitrary. He was being truthful. How many times have we read comments from people who declare they will never buy an Watch until it has a round face? They’ll never buy a Mac with the new keyboard. They’ll never buy a HomePod until... whatever. 

I wish I could give @Rayz2016 100 more upvotes for his truthful response.
    While what you say is true -- in some cases -- it is not true in all cases.   And, I do not believe it was at all true in this case.  Somebody made a legitimate point but got trash talked for no good reason.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member

Well, my Watch finally updated to 5.01 this morning. I honestly thought it would have earlier, but I actually ended up doing it manually.

So far, it hasn't gone back to saying I wasn't exercising when I thought I was. And it's still autodetecting my walk as a workout. So it seems that they didn't "fix" my watch with the update.

• Reply 28 of 31
    Every since updating my series 2, my battery is dead by 6pm, before the update it would still have 25% left at 11pm. I can't figure out what is draining it so fast. Any thoughts?
  • Reply 29 of 31
    I’m having issues with my exercise ring. It seems stuck. I have had to unpair and do a hard restart on my phone. It still seems slow.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    I did the recent update on my watch and my exercise ring has completely stopped working. Some days it show 5 minutes of exercise and every day I close the other 2 rings. My weather is also messed up some days it works and others nothing. I have contacted Apple and spoke with someone they told me to unpair and reconnect, I have turned my watch off and I have done the hard reset and nothing has changed. Before this new update everything was great. This needs to be addressed quickly I do use my exercise a lot and I compete with my teenage sons to keep them off the game and tv and this has ruined the competition!!!  I am so very angry!!! 
    edited December 2018
  • Reply 31 of 31
    takeotakeo Posts: 446member
    This Stand Ring is utterly stupid and pointless and needs to burn in hell.