Kanye West makes bizarre claim about the 'YZY' brand being part of Apple

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    gutengelgutengel Posts: 363member
    Rayz2016 said:

(PS - does anyone else use Safari on iPad for these forums and find it very difficult to enter text and select text? This is the only site where I have such issues)
    Yes indeed. 

Sometimes the keyboard doesn't appear. Text selection is the worst I’ve seen on any forum.  And I usually have to go to html mode to type outside of the quote. 

Not sure what the problem is. 
    I cant even write anything when I try to on my iPhone with Safari. You guys should seriously fix that, after all your name is Apple Insider.
    StrangeDayscornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 37
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,328member
    Rayz2016 said:

(PS - does anyone else use Safari on iPad for these forums and find it very difficult to enter text and select text? This is the only site where I have such issues)
    Yes indeed. 

Sometimes the keyboard doesn't appear. Text selection is the worst I’ve seen on any forum.  And I usually have to go to html mode to type outside of the quote. 

Yeah, there is definitely a problem with the Comment edit control not capturing the focus and showing the cursor. On the iPad I've found that hitting the Comment edit control expander (double arrows in the upper right corner of the control) and then typing at least one character into the Comment control gets it working again. After it's working you can resize it back to the standard size and it continues to work. It's been thi sway for a couple of months. On the iPhone/iPod Touch a long press on the Comment control seems to get it working again.

Perhaps we should submit a bug report to YZY brand so Ye can start working on resolving this issue for Apple. He probably has some spare bandwidth.  
    StrangeDaysfastasleepcornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 37
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    West is the most spectacular, tremendous public relations artist ever in the history of music and all other industries. I wonder if he is an admirer of Kim Jong-un as well?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 37
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I could be wrong, but I think he's suggesting his company is working with love and respect for Apple. I'm not convinced he actually believes his company is owned or has a deal with Apple.
    edited October 2018 claire1patchythepirate
  • Reply 25 of 37
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    There's an easy way to unofficially become part of Apple!

"Here's to the crazy ones"
    -Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs would have loved Kanye! These are quite the tweets here!

Free promotion, love for Steve, love for Apple, dedicating his company to Apple and all we get is hate here? Is it because you hate his music? That would be irrelevant to this article anyway.

to be fair, there aren't many more committed than Ye. And - his PR exploits range from harmless to amusing. And his music is pretty unfailingly great. I like artists.
    I like artists too. That's one thing he isn't. I could call him a talentless hack but I'd feel like I'm insulting hacks.

I guess having a successful career, a bunch of top 40 hits, a current #1 on Spotify makes you "talentless".

This poor guy has mental issues. I feel sorry for Kim and the kids. :|

Sounds like you're jealous you didn't have kids with Kim.

P.S. Appleinsider is a mess on every platform.
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 26 of 37
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    claire1 said:
    There's an easy way to unofficially become part of Apple!

"Here's to the crazy ones"
    -Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs would have loved Kanye! These are quite the tweets here!

Free promotion, love for Steve, love for Apple, dedicating his company to Apple and all we get is hate here? Is it because you hate his music? That would be irrelevant to this article anyway.

to be fair, there aren't many more committed than Ye. And - his PR exploits range from harmless to amusing. And his music is pretty unfailingly great. I like artists.
    I like artists too. That's one thing he isn't. I could call him a talentless hack but I'd feel like I'm insulting hacks.

I guess having a successful career, a bunch of top 40 hits, a current #1 on Spotify makes you "talentless".

This poor guy has mental issues. I feel sorry for Kim and the kids. :|

Sounds like you're jealous you didn't have kids with Kim.

P.S. Appleinsider is a mess on every platform.
    Read The Emperor’s New Clothes. 
  • Reply 27 of 37
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    Wish he’d advance to cannibal-level crazy and we’d be done with it after he’s committed. 

What exactly do you mean by that?

Anyway, there are a lot of people on here voicing some pretty strong judgements that don't seem to have much of an understanding of mental illness.

But if judging makes you feel better, I suppose that's what you should do?
    What on earth are you talking about? I said I wished he’d start eating other humans so he could be committed and we wouldn’t hear about him anymore. 

If you don’t see that was said with tongue-in-cheek then you may wish to look into getting tested for the ability to detect social cues. 
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 37

Rayz2016 said:

Yes indeed. 

Yes that as well! I have to enter HTML-mode every single time to input a reply. I think it has to do with the HTML they’re using in their templates. If they don’t experience it i can only guess they don’t actually use the system. 
  • Reply 29 of 37
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,273member
    Wish he’d advance to cannibal-level crazy and we’d be done with it after he’s committed. 

No issues here with selecting/entering, though I find I need to manually insert HTML paragraph breaks sometimes (like when I'm quoting someone) and sometimes not, which is odd.
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 30 of 37
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,273member
    If his company is publicly traded, I would hope the SEC would monitor these tweets for potential market/valuation manipulation (just as they -- rightly -- did with Elon Musk and Tesla).

In the meantime, I hope someone who cares about "Ye" gets him the mental-wellness help he very obviously needs, though I think his heart (as opposed to his head) is in the right place wrt Apple.
    cornchip
  • Reply 31 of 37
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member

Yes! It drives me absolutely crazy. 
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 37

Anyway, there are a lot of people on here voicing some pretty strong judgements that don't seem to have much of an understanding of mental illness.

What on earth are you talking about? I said I wished he’d start eating other humans so he could be committed and we wouldn’t hear about him anymore. 

If you don’t see that was said with tongue-in-cheek then you may wish to look into getting tested for the ability to detect social cues. 
    What am I talking about?? There are people that have been harmed before, and you think it’s acceptable to make a tongue in cheek remark about something like this? What you said is extremely insisitive and insulting to people with mental illness.

And you’re attempting to lecture me on “social cues.”

Your arrogance and lack of insight is astounding.

I’m embarrassed for you. 
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 33 of 37
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,328member
    Sorry to hijack this topic thread, but I just realized that if you select the very first line (extreme upper left) in the AI comment control the edit cursor should appear. Maybe Ye fixed it.
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 37
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member

Its horrendous. Disastrous headache.

and the forum on iPad is also quite irritating  ;) doesn’t help there is also no multiquote. And the keyboard pops up when liking posts sometimes.

(edited to to be funnier)
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 35 of 37
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member
    dewme said:

Perhaps we should submit a bug report to YZY brand so Ye can start working on resolving this issue for Apple. He probably has some spare bandwidth.  
    This is actually an amazing idea. Someone should start a reddit campaign or something to get people to submit customer service complaints to any and all of “Ye’s” social media channels. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 37

What am I talking about?? There are people that have been harmed before, and you think it’s acceptable to make a tongue in cheek remark about something like this? What you said is extremely insisitive and insulting to people with mental illness.

I’m embarrassed for you. 
    Is it snowing where you live? I’m detecting.....snowflakes. And am insulted! 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 37

I’m embarrassed for you. 
    Is it snowing where you live? I’m detecting.....snowflakes. And am insulted! 
    Wow. Instead of trying to have a discussion, your response is to try to insult me again? And then you claim to be insulted? You don't have much capacity for cognitive dissonance, do you?

Doubling down on the arrogance, poor insight, and questionable character is an interesting choice on your part. Good luck with all that.
    edited October 2018