Tests show iPhone XS LTE speeds best iPhone X, can't match Galaxy Note 9 or Pixel 2

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    So in reading PC mags article, it looks like this test is meaningless. They used crowd sourced data instead of controlled data to get an answer that could end up being arbitrary at best. 

You could argue that the test favored devices that have been available for a longer period of time and have more historical data than Apple's new iPhones. 

Also I call BS on Verizon coming in 3rd place. I don't like them, but I know they do have a fast network. This test put them at the bottom with Sprint. Wtf?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    What a shitty headline that has absolutely nothing to do with the numbers being shown. 

These differences are utterly negligible, and will make literally zero difference in the usage experience of 100% of users. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 26
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    Bar said:
    The problem with this article is that it doesn’t address real world use. My iPhone XS max has faster download speeds than my iPhone X for sure. But the problem arises when signal strength isn’t 100%. My iPhone X definitely gets better reception indoors. Also what no one wants to address is why all the betas leading up to public release work fine and then all of a sudden the public release has issues. This has happened with iOS 11 and now iOS 12. 
    My iPhone 8 plus also got better reception; both WiFi and LTE compared to my current Xs Max. I am using the same 6th gen Airport Extreme at home as with the prvious iPhone 8 plus. If I am in my bedroom I would get consistently  get 3 bars LTE ( TMobile ) and 3 bars with WiFi ( 5Ghz ). from the Airport Extreme.. Now I get one bar for each and the WiFi speed tests come back slower, quite a bit slower than my previous 8 Plus. LTE coverage was never that great with TMobile inside of my house so the difference wasn't as noticeable..

My girlfriend has the 8 plus so I did a side by side with no apps open..there is def a difference in speeds..

To be fair I am having a similar reception issue with my iPad Pro 10.5 since updating to IOS 12, so I am assuming that this is an IOS 12 issue and not a problem with my new Max or Ipad Pro.  I am loving my new Xs Max and waited patiently for it to be released, but this is not ok.  Hopefully Apple can sort this out with a 12.01 patch ASAP. 
  • Reply 24 of 26
    techrulestechrules Posts: 53unconfirmed, member
    Pixel 2 is last year's phone.  Be interesting to see how much faster is the pixel 3 and how much Google increased the gap.  The pixel 2 also has the better camera and would expect that to also improve this year and increase the gap over the iPhone.

Apple really needs to get going.  Siri is no match for the Google assistant also.
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 25 of 26
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    techrules said:
    Pixel 2 is last year's phone.  Be interesting to see how much faster is the pixel 3 and how much Google increased the gap.  The pixel 2 also has the better camera and would expect that to also improve this year and increase the gap over the iPhone.

Apple really needs to get going.  Siri is no match for the Google assistant also.
    What gap?  I know it ( Pixel 2 ) was touted and tested as having a great camera, I am confused though as to what gap in performance you are talking about? Siri and a camera are what you are basing your comment on? Please elaborate...
    watto_cobra