Falling for an Apple Account Scam

Posted:
in General Discussion
I was this week unfortunate to fall for a Scam receipt supposedly from Apple for a NetFlick bill with a cancellation clause, at the time I have more things on my mind (serious illness) to what I usually do, and check carefully any receipt from Apple, I should have gone to to Apple Store and checked my purchase before carrying on and foolishly filling in the information they wanted, which was the lot, not thinking rationally I pressed send then realised that was a mistake. I changed my Account and my Apple ID password immediately, and every other bit of information that might be useful, If I was in time I don't know, but knowing the low-life that generate this kind of Web Pickpocketing I don't have much hope, informed Apple on their report scams email also NetFlicks and Google, and sent an email to the supposed web-site congratulating them in scamming an 80 year old, incidently the bill was for $100.90 which being in the UK should have raised suspicions.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I was this week unfortunate to fall for a Scam receipt supposedly from Apple for a NetFlick bill with a cancellation clause, at the time I have more things on my mind (serious illness) to what I usually do, and check carefully any receipt from Apple, I should have gone to to Apple Store and checked my purchase before carrying on and foolishly filling in the information they wanted, which was the lot, not thinking rationally I pressed send then realised that was a mistake. I changed my Account and my Apple ID password immediately, and every other bit of information that might be useful, If I was in time I don't know, but knowing the low-life that generate this kind of Web Pickpocketing I don't have much hope, informed Apple on their report scams email also NetFlicks and Google, and sent an email to the supposed web-site congratulating them in scamming an 80 year old, incidently the bill was for $100.90 which being in the UK should have raised suspicions.
    I have sorted my Bank out on this, they stopped my card immediately and no money had been taken, and in the process changed any relevant private information I foolishly gave, a salutory warning to think very carefully before you press send as you could be sending your hard earned money to some undeserving cause, my thanks to the bank security for the fast, efficiant way the handled this, and to the WebPickpockets may all the crap that the great computer genius in the sky sends to you I hope it makes you very very unhappy.