WarnerMedia prepares to take on Netflix, Apple & others with new streaming TV service

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    So yet another service I won't be subscribing to!!!! I cut the cord to save money and I'm saving quite a bit. I'm sure not going to sign up to a bunch of services. I'm limited to 2, Netflix is #1, and Amazon Prime, though I don't watch much streaming from them. It's more 2nd day shipping. Both I had before I cut the cord. Personally I already have to much to watch. All this spitting up to serve their own content is really going to bring back a whole lot of pirating. Just because people don't want to sign up to all these service just to watch 1 show on each of them.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member

I'm curious to see how this pans out. Will HBO Now be axed and incorporated into this new WarnerMedia streaming service? I know there are a lot of cord cutters out there, but with all these streaming services, it's almost a no brainer to continue to have a cable/satellite subscription. For the programming I watch, it would be more expensive paying for monthly streaming services compared to what I pay for DirecTV. 

What do you mean “axed”? HBO is WM’s crown jewel. It has international name recognition thanks to some of the biggest television franchises in the world. I don’t know what WM has planned, but HBO is likely to be the headliner.

• Reply 23 of 24
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member

jbdragon said:
    So yet another service I won't be subscribing to!!!! I cut the cord to save money and I'm saving quite a bit. I'm sure not going to sign up to a bunch of services. I'm limited to 2, Netflix is #1, and Amazon Prime, though I don't watch much streaming from them. It's more 2nd day shipping. Both I had before I cut the cord. Personally I already have to much to watch. All this spitting up to serve their own content is really going to bring back a whole lot of pirating. Just because people don't want to sign up to all these service just to watch 1 show on each of them.
    Netflix days are numbered. They’re overextended, spending money like it grows on trees, and soon to have the major studios pulling all of their catalogues back for their own services. Despite their unprecedented spending, paying poached Hollywood executives 2 and 3x the going rates to boot, the quality of their programming on average is pretty low. Without a sustainable catalogue of their own, the service offers very little to retain and attract subscribers. At some point in the near future, the bottom drops out and they get picked up by another studio.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    They need to roll in their DC streaming service (DC Direct, or whatever) into this. It'll still be expensive.