Kanye West pitches Apple-designed Air Force One 'iPlane' replacement in oval office

Comments

• Reply 21 of 41

I'd really like both of them to climb aboard a newly-built, experimental plane and take off into the sky.

dewmeCarnagejony0
  • Reply 22 of 41
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    aylk said:
    aylk said:
    One confirmed fact that transpired from the meeting was that Mr. West seemed unconcerned about device security. As clearly captured on video, West's passcode on his phone is "000000”. 
    What? Using Face ID just too much to ask for, Kanye? At minimum it would help keep your terrible passcode a secret. 

I like some of his music and some of it not so much, but WOW! he just keeps me (unintentionally? Intentionally?) entertained in so many other ways. 
    That's how FaceID works... most times you have to enter the passcode.
    Nope, on reboot, otherwise very rarely do you have to enter the passcode.
    "Your mileage may vary."
    First I’ve heard of this in over a year of use. Most times you DO NOT have to enter a passcode. That’s the entire point. Is yours broken?
  • Reply 23 of 41
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    aylk said:
    aylk said:
    One confirmed fact that transpired from the meeting was that Mr. West seemed unconcerned about device security. As clearly captured on video, West's passcode on his phone is "000000”. 
    What? Using Face ID just too much to ask for, Kanye? At minimum it would help keep your terrible passcode a secret. 

I like some of his music and some of it not so much, but WOW! he just keeps me (unintentionally? Intentionally?) entertained in so many other ways. 
    "Your mileage may vary."
    It may indeed. However, I expect my data set size is leagues bigger than yours.
  • Reply 24 of 41

Lol, I love this story. Seems like there may be a hint of grandiosity and increased goal directed activity in those plans.. but it does sound cool B)

I'm glad Kanye is bringing up the topic of mental health for so many. It's unfortunate, however, that so many have decided to steer what should be a productive discussion towards being just another form of partisan bullying.

Anyway, I would've loved to be in the room with all that dragon energy!

(Thank you AI for opening up the comments.)

claire1
  • Reply 25 of 41
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    TomE said:
    Can Air Force 1 now refuel in Flight ? 

Classified.
  • Reply 26 of 41
    What an interesting Oval Office location to demonstrate America’s failure to treat mental health issues.   /s 

On a more playful note, the facial expressions across the table were incredible. 

On a more serious level, what a waste of presidential time attention and focus.   Nothing but FUD being spread widely.  This then in turn wastes the time and attention of the citizens.  
    dewmejony0
  • Reply 27 of 41
    aylk said:

It’s not on reboot only. I am asked to re-enter the passcode once every ten days or so ever since FaceID. Happened with the X (iOS 11) and now happens with the Xs Max (iOS 12). This does not happen with my iPad (still TouchID, obviously).

Quite a little annoyance, actually. 
  • Reply 28 of 41
    aylk said:

It’s not on reboot only. I am asked to re-enter the passcode once every ten days or so ever since FaceID. Happened with the X (iOS 11) and now happens with the Xs Max (iOS 12). This does not happen with my iPad (still TouchID, obviously).

Hmmm, that doesn’t happen to me. However, Screen Time tells me I’m averaging 68 pickups a day for the last week. If we make that 680 for the  last 10 days, if I had to enter my passcode 1 time during that span I think that would qualify as rare. But I haven’t needed to, so even better. 
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 29 of 41
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    aylk said:

Are you this Dude?

Carnagejony0
  • Reply 30 of 41
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    Kanye is an unofficial Apple employee.

An iPlane would be crazy and the free Apple marketing alone from Kanye is genius. No hate here!

P.S. Anyone have any images of this Apple-inspired plane?
  • Reply 31 of 41
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    claire1 said:

Anyone have any images of this Apple-inspired plane?
    Apparently he stole the concept art off industrial designer Shabtai Hirshberg

edited October 2018
  • Reply 32 of 41
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    Maybe he just changed it to 000000 just for this one meeting with Trump, knowing that with all the cameras it would be hard to hide his passcode. Then once the gathering is over he simply changed it back to his old more complex (or a new) passcode.

There is the question about why does he not use Face ID. Well, perhaps he’s concerned about being forced to unlock the phone by law enforcement, or criminals using readily available hi res photos of him to create a 3D mask to unlock it. Both unlikely and absurd, but then you don’t know what goes through his mind besides trying to assassinate the president in a highly flammable hydrogen powered iPlane.
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 33 of 41
    dsddsd Posts: 186member
    An iForce One would be a blast equal to or surpassing the iHindenburg.
  • Reply 34 of 41
    TomE said:
    Wow.  We could change the entire Air Force (Space Force) over to Hydrogen.  A Rapper turned Air Plane promoter ?  Can Air Force 1 now refuel in Flight ? 

No but under water.
  • Reply 35 of 41

(...snip...)

On a more serious level, what a waste of presidential time attention and focus.   Nothing but FUD being spread widely.  This then in turn wastes the time and attention of the citizens.  
    Oh, I doubt it’s a waste of time for Kanye and the Prez. This kind of stuff is is pressroom gold.
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 36 of 41
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Idiot or genius acting like an idiot?
    Either way, in general, idiocy sells in America.
    Carnagejony0
  • Reply 37 of 41
    What a nitwit. Have Apple, an American company design it? Then what is Boeing, a Chinese company? Nobody has successfully flown a hydrogen-fueled plane and probably won't in Kanye's lifetime, but he thinks Trump should fly one within the next couple of years. Kanye should stick to what he knows, which apparently is making bad music.
  • Reply 38 of 41
    evilution said:
    Idiot or genius acting like an idiot?
    Either way, in general, idiocy sells in America.
    I love how there are people out there who can't even figure out if they think someone is an "idiot" or "acting like an idiot" but they still have the arrogance to go around proclaiming other people are "idiots." Project much?
  • Reply 39 of 41
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,544member
    Life in 2018: Can't tell if satire. 
    Carnage
  • Reply 40 of 41
    aylk said:

Reminds me of a SNL sketch about iPhone 5 -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJJ353epH3o

OMG! You have to enter password 3 times a month?  How you cope with that?  That must be so hard for you!