Nike updates Run Club app for bigger displays on Apple Watch Series 4

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Nike has at last updated the Nike+ Run Club app for the Apple Watch to use the screen space on Series 4 devices, coping with a complaint some owners had, particularly following the recent launch of the Nike+ Series 4.

Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4

The app should now take advantage of the 40- and 44-millimeter displays on new Watches. Until this week resolution remained at the same size as the Series 3 and earlier, which come in 38- and 42-millimeter sizes.

The Run Club Watch update can be installed by updating the companion iPhone app, which will then sync.

Apple released the Nike+ Series 4 10 days ago. It's not clear why Nike didn't have an update ready in time, particularly since resolution appears to be only major change made post-launch except for a shopping-related tab on the iPhone.

The company still isn't yet supporting the new complication styles made possible by bigger Watch displays, seen in watchOS 5's Infograph watchfaces.

Nike+ Run Club is a free download for iPhones with iOS 10 or later.
GeorgeBMac

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    roakeroake Posts: 809member
    As someone else mentioned, Kaepernick told me to avoid all things Nike.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    roake said:
    As if your purchasing decisions would impact Nike profits whatsoever XD I believe the Nike+ Run Club app is pre-installed in all Apple Watches, where you can only hide it, by the way. Maybe you should avoid all things Apple too.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 3 of 11
    roakeroake Posts: 809member
    gutengel said:
    roake said:
    As if your purchasing decisions would impact Nike profits whatsoever XD I believe the Nike+ Run Club app is pre-installed in all Apple Watches, where you can only hide it, by the way. Maybe you should avoid all things Apple too.
    Apple doesn’t hate America, as far as I can tell.  I only do my part.
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 4 of 11
    roake said:
    gutengel said:
    roake said:
    Nor does Nike. Only a complete moron who’s been brainwashed by certain fools would even say otherwise.
    GeorgeBMacgutengel
  • Reply 5 of 11
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    gutengel said:
    I believe the Nike+ Run Club app is pre-installed in all Apple Watches, where you can only hide it, by the way. Maybe you should avoid all things Apple too.
    No, it's not.

I had to download it because I don't have a Nike+ Watch. It does ship with all Nike+ Watches, though.

I chose to avoid all things Kaepernick.
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 6 of 11
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    roake said:
    gutengel said:
    roake said:
    Neither Apple nor Nike hate America -- just racists.
    gutengeldunks
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member

roake said:
    gutengel said:
    roake said:
    Nor does Nike. Only a complete moron who’s been brainwashed by certain fools would even say otherwise.
    Yes, it's called "Free speech – but only on my terms."

Since supporting Kaepernick (inventor of the Tardis football helmet), Nike sales have jumped 31%, so it looks like supporting a sports star who identifies with their core customer base was a shrewd business move if nothing else.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/13/news/companies/nike-colin-kaepernick-just-do-it-national-anthem-nfl-football/index.html

edited October 2018 GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Apple doesn’t hate America, as far as I can tell.  I only do my part. Using the word "hate" seems like a stretch. But then again, I'm not the one who previously commented saying: " the confusion that is homosexuality" or that the pride Apple Watch face "It’s a political statement." Shame on the moderators on Apple Insider for not banning you for all those bigoted comments!
    dunks
  • Reply 9 of 11
    gutengel said: Apple doesn’t hate America, as far as I can tell.  I only do my part. Using the word "hate" seems like a stretch. But then again, I'm not the one who previously commented saying: " the confusion that is homosexuality" or that the pride Apple Watch face "It’s a political statement." Shame on the moderators on Apple Insider for not banning you for all those bigoted comments!
    I agree with your criticism of those past comments, but can we not be babies about everything and always feel the need to create safe spaces? We're all grown-ups here (I assume) and should be able to handle seeing ideas that we don't agree with, without trying to self-righteously demand that people get banned.
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 10 of 11
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    gutengel said: Apple doesn’t hate America, as far as I can tell.  I only do my part. Using the word "hate" seems like a stretch. But then again, I'm not the one who previously commented saying: " the confusion that is homosexuality" or that the pride Apple Watch face "It’s a political statement." Shame on the moderators on Apple Insider for not banning you for all those bigoted comments!
    I agree with your criticism of those past comments, but can we not be babies about everything and always feel the need to create safe spaces? We're all grown-ups here (I assume) and should be able to handle seeing ideas that we don't agree with, without trying to self-righteously demand that people get banned.
    The safe space starts when people don't start making political comments that others feel that they need to respond to (even if its disguised as some ideological or newsy type comment).   It's like throwing the first punch.  This one was thrown on the very first post -- and then the combination landed a couple further down.

• Reply 11 of 11
    The safe space starts when people don't start making political comments that others feel that they need to respond to (even if its disguised as some ideological or newsy type comment).   It's like throwing the first punch.  This one was thrown on the very first post -- and then the combination landed a couple further down.

Again, I'm not criticizing the commenter's response to the original post (I'm glad for it), only that he goes on further to call for safe spaces and banning, which is ridiculous.