Adobe announces Photoshop CC for iPad, debuts Premiere Rush CC iMovie competitor and CC up...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    If you read to the end of the article you'll see another new benefit to us CC subscribers: improved fonts availability, which could mean fewer fonts which have to be purchased.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 31
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    For all those who said the iPad isn’t and will never be an iPad replacement... 
    :wink: :lol: 
  • Reply 23 of 31
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member

melgross said:
    MacPro said:
    It's maybe just me but I'd rather pay for a product up front, have a few free upgrades and a year or two later have the option to pay for a major upgraded or just keep using the one I already have.
    Them days is gone. No point in crying over it.
    That attitude is part of the problem. As for “crying about it”: screw that. I will never subscribe to software. I’d stop using computers first. Luckily I don’t have to because there are other developers (who aren’t corporate assholes like Adobe) who are starting to fill in for the big hole Adobe’s consumer-abusive marketing has left in the hobbyist and small business market.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 31
    melgross said:
    MacPro said:
    It's maybe just me but I'd rather pay for a product up front, have a few free upgrades and a year or two later have the option to pay for a major upgraded or just keep using the one I already have.
    I don’t get it! Do you work for Adobe??? 
    Why is it that when commenters in a comment section offer criticism of a major software company, other readers insist on calling them complainers or worse, taking them to task for simply criticizing a specific corporate policy???? Adobe’s policy of “renting” software sucks! Always has! The fact that more and more decent alternate photo editing alternatives are arriving on the scene means there is a huge gap. 
    In the meantime, Melgross, if you don’t have a point other than calling commentators out for criticizing, then stay out of the comment section! Please!
    williamlondon
  • Reply 25 of 31
    What are you all happy with??
    This is just another subscription piece of garbage from Adobe but with support for Apple devices. Never actually owning a product is too foolish. Why to support this greedy company? I ditched Adobe products back when I was child, I was sick of downloading pirate copies every time. When I moved to Mac I got used to Photoshop alternatives that are one-time purchases, like Pixelmator. For editing iMovie is just perfect, I can emulate some “professional” crap even in iMovie (like letterboxing or color-grading), photos in the same time can be edited in any app from AppStore. And the best thing is that I purchased these apps, I downloaded them LEGALLY, and those apps are mine FOREVER, not like your silly stupid “creative cloud”.But why everybody is so happy that they will never own a product again?
    williamlondon
  • Reply 26 of 31
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    dysamoria said:

melgross said:
    MacPro said:
    That attitude is part of the problem. As for “crying about it”: screw that. I will never subscribe to software. I’d stop using computers first. Luckily I don’t have to because there are other developers (who aren’t corporate assholes like Adobe) who are starting to fill in for the big hole Adobe’s consumer-abusive marketing has left in the hobbyist and small business market.
    Seriously, who cares what you want. You obviously don’t high end professional software anyway.
  • Reply 27 of 31

jmulchino said:
    melgross said:
    MacPro said:
    Why is it that when commenters in a comment section offer criticism of a major software company, other readers insist on calling them complainers or worse, taking them to task for simply criticizing a specific corporate policy???? Adobe’s policy of “renting” software sucks! Always has! The fact that more and more decent alternate photo editing alternatives are arriving on the scene means there is a huge gap. 
    In the meantime, Melgross, if you don’t have a point other than calling commentators out for criticizing, then stay out of the comment section! Please!
    Because I was in the business for decades. I’ve seen other companies come and go. Most of that software was nice, but uncompetitive. I see a few people here complain about Adobe without understanding what their software is about. If you don’t need Photoshop, then don’t use it. Use something else. But Adobe’s Solutions are for those who do need it, and for us, it serves very well.

do I like the subscription model? At first, no. But this idea came from Microsoft first, and other companies have been emulating it. The advantage to it is that we have access to all of Adobe’s software for the Mac and iOS for one monthly price, and there are cheaper plans too, if that’s too much. Instead of waiting 12 to 18 months for major updates, they now update several times a year, so I no longer care.

you should stay out because you’re offering nothing useful. As I said, subscriptions are here to stay, and most pros, and companies like it.
    edited October 2018 ericthehalfbee
  • Reply 28 of 31
    RormeisterRormeister Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Well, maybe now PSCC users will be able to access Apple’s ‘fabulous’ HEIF image formats. Funny, nowhere do I read any news on this topic.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    Looking forward 👍👍👍👍
  • Reply 30 of 31
    melgross said:

jmulchino said:
    melgross said:
    MacPro said:
    Because I was in the business for decades. I’ve seen other companies come and go. Most of that software was nice, but uncompetitive. I see a few people here complain about Adobe without understanding what their software is about. If you don’t need Photoshop, then don’t use it. Use something else. But Adobe’s Solutions are for those who do need it, and for us, it serves very well.

do I like the subscription model? At first, no. But this idea came from Microsoft first, and other companies have been emulating it. The advantage to it is that we have access to all of Adobe’s software for the Mac and iOS for one monthly price, and there are cheaper plans too, if that’s too much. Instead of waiting 12 to 18 months for major updates, they now update several times a year, so I no longer care.

you should stay out because you’re offering nothing useful. As I said, subscriptions are here to stay, and most pros, and companies like it.

This. I don’t get the hatred for Adobe subscriptions. This is not software regular people buy to touch up pics of the kids or dog. It’s software used by professionals to make money. Which means that monthly subscription cost will be peanuts compared to other expenses (like the monthly salary of the employee using it). It also means it’s going to be written off as an expense, making it even cheaper.

People should stop looking at this from the point of view of a home consumer, whom this software is clearly not intended for.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 31
    melgross said:

jmulchino said:
    melgross said:
    MacPro said:

This. I don’t get the hatred for Adobe subscriptions. This is not software regular people buy to touch up pics of the kids or dog. It’s software used by professionals to make money. Which means that monthly subscription cost will be peanuts compared to other expenses (like the monthly salary of the employee using it). It also means it’s going to be written off as an expense, making it even cheaper.

People should stop looking at this from the point of view of a home consumer, whom this software is clearly not intended for.
    I don’t want to insult an individual by saying it, but I’ve found, over the decades, that a lot of people who don’t need very complex, sophisticated software use it for less than logical reasons. One of those reasons is bragging rights. For someone who was always in the commercial end of the business, I can say that we approached Adobe with suggestions for features, and they responded.

when doing a one page Ad layout, they’re were specific programs for that. They were very expensive, and often needed Photoshop for the images anyway. We told Adobe that we wanted to do that entirely in Photoshop. They added those features over time. Vector graphics. Fonts. Fonts on a curve. 3D extruding, etc. Yes, it made the software more complex. In the terms of those who were bewildered by it all, it was called “bloated”. But it’s not. It’s what we need.

when people who just want basic photo editing use Photoshop, they’re using something entirely too much. Adobe does do a good job of not letting the extras get in the way though. But if you do need InDesign, Illustrator and other software together on a project, it works very well. There is no other software producer that can come close to what Adobe has built over the close to 30 years they’ve been doing this. The add-ones also give us substantial oomph for when even Adobe’s Feature set isn’t enough, or for when we need alternative tools.

At first, I wasn’t thrilled by the subscription model either. But everything is going that way. Even way in the past, our software, such as CAD, print server software and others, cost thousands each, but we had to pay hundreds to thousands a year for service too, which didn’t include the price for upgrades. And, there were dongles as well. So I don’t get this hatred. I suppose it comes from those who don’t really need this stuff for a professional career.

they should continue complaining about Microsoft 360 subscriptions. See how far they get with that. Oh, I pay $99 a year for my AutoCad 360 sub on my iPad.

also, you can use the Adobe license on two computers, even if you are two people. Adobe doesn’t care. Just use the same username and password for the account. You can set up different folders for your work. That effectively comes to just $25 a month for each person. My daughter, who is a professional, and I, being retired, both use it. It’s one of the biggest bargains in professional software out there.
    edited October 2018