Beats marks Mickey Mouse's 90th anniversary with special-edition Solo3 headphones

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple on Tuesday launched a special Mickey Mouse edition of its Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones, timed with the character's 90th anniversary.

Beats Solo3 Mickey

The headphones are covered in images of Mickey and come with a special custom felt carrying case, as well as a pin and decal sticker. Functionally the headphones are identical to other Solo3 models.

While the headphones go on sale Nov. 11 at Apple, Disney and Best Buy, they can already be preordered from Amazon for $329.95.

Beats Solo3 Mickey

Apple regularly adds and replaces Beats colors to keep up interest, particularly since it often markets the gear as a fashion accessory. Today, in fact, the company also introduced new "Skyline" colors for its high-end Studio 3 headphones, accented by gold trim.

In September, Apple announced plans for NBA-branded headphones, though those have yet to appear.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    Gray?  Is this to remind us of black & white TVs?

They could have gone more fun with the colors...
  • Reply 2 of 17
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    I think they look good. I'd get a set for my Dad as this is something he would love, but the price tag? Ouch.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Really blew an opportunity to add the mouse ears to the top of these.
    coolfactoraylktycho_macuserrevenantclaire1
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Desperately trying to figure out the target market for these. Would you buy $330 headphones for your 6 year old?

bdkennedy1002revenant
  • Reply 5 of 17
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member

Or they could have done the original black and white Mickey.  Either way, I like it.
    claire1
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Desperately trying to figure out the target market for these. Would you buy $330 headphones for your 6 year old?

You would be surprised at how many adults collect Mickey stuff. I'm sure a lot of people will buy these as a collectors item. 
    claire1
  • Reply 7 of 17
    It’s unfortunate that Apple chose to plaster a historic icon all over piece of crap headphones.
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 8 of 17

Mickey is an American icon and not just for six year olds. If you can’t enjoy Mickey, then you take yourself too seriously. 
    randominternetpersonMacProJWSCclaire1
  • Reply 9 of 17
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member

Yeah because only 6yr olds like Mickey. After all, he's only been around for just a couple of years right? 
    tycho_macuser
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Why?
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Why?
    I mean even if you’re too bothered to read the article the title pretty much says it all. 
    revenantJWSCclaire1
  • Reply 12 of 17
    look cool. sound awful. has anyone from Apple actually listened to Beats headphones?
  • Reply 13 of 17

I like the look but would have preferred a black & white Mickey with a red headphone 
    seanismorrisclaire1
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Why?
    Why not?

JWSC
  • Reply 15 of 17
    grifmx said:
    look cool. sound awful. has anyone from Apple actually listened to Beats headphones?
    Their recent offerings with the W1 chip are more than fine.
    JWSC
  • Reply 16 of 17
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Love Disney. We live 90 minutes away from Disney World so thank heavens for grandchildren and an excuse :)
  • Reply 17 of 17
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member

maybe fools that like to wear logos and brand characters.