Apple issues invites to October 30 iPad Pro and Mac 'There's more in the making' event in ...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 111
    samrodsamrod Posts: 60unconfirmed, member
    I think the various logos suggest an emphasis on the iPad Pro's content creation prowess, with a heavy emphasis on Adobe's announced Photoshop CC for iPad. We may see an Apple Pencil 2. ProMotion may double to 240 Hz.
    netroxSpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 111
    If they’re having an event the updates must be pretty significant. I’m guessing new iPads, new lower end MacBooks and maybe a new Mac mini?
  • Reply 23 of 111
    The new iPads are here! The new iPads are here! I’m excited!
    https://youtu.be/Zw8LDMOiOko

watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 111
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator

In NYC ?!?!

Seems unusual …No ?

Yeah, I don’t remember that ever happening. Certainly not recently. And it’s interesting given that they have that beautiful Steve Jobs Theater which is probably not booked for something more important on the same day. Maybe they wanted to coincide with somebody’s travel schedule, like a band performing at the event. A quick look at the NYC concerts for that period makes me think it has to be Air Supply...or Descendents...or Lee Scratch Perry...or GWAR?
    iPad education event was in Chicago. 2012 had an event in NYC too. And, the MacWorlds were there in the summers too, but that's ancient history.
    bb-15entropysretrogustowatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 111
    So looking forward to an iPad Pro with an A12X.
    Yeah, and  a kb with trackpad for precision display of a cursor on the screen.

NYC/Brooklyn Academy of Music == Business meets Creativity == Office & Photoshop

SpamSandwichfirelock
  • Reply 26 of 111

Could it be a possibility they are opening a New Apple Store near the venue or one of these product launches might make New York a great backdrop for a new AR or maps iPad app?

How 'bout Find Friends displayed on new Apple Maps app showing their locations, distances, traffic, transportation topography, etc... Oh, and group Walkie-Talkie!
    curtis hannahSpamSandwich
  • Reply 27 of 111
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,335member
    I’m agreeing with the art & creativity theme being well represented in NYC. I’m completely expecting new thin bezel iPads and possibly a thinner bezel iMac refresh. New Apple Pencil and app updates and integration to allow iPad with Pencil to be used directly as a drawing surface for Mac, similar to iPhone camera integration in iOS 12 and Mojave. 

I don’t expect to see a new Pro or a new Mini. That would be a “Back to Business” theme. 

A wildcard for for me would be a new MacBook Air two-in-one that has a touch screen that works with Apple Pencil 2 and is targeting the creative education market. Yeah, Apple has always said they wouldn’t do a touch screen Mac - but they’ve said a lot of things over the years that they wouldn’t do but then did them anyway after they figured out how to do it better than anybody else. 
    d_2pscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 111
    d_2 said:
    Wishful thinking ... the stacked Apple graphic is a hint of Mac modularity 
    I thought the same - even the other versions: layers, blocks, stacks, dispersion. We can hope.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 111
    dewme said:
    I’m agreeing with the art & creativity theme being well represented in NYC. I’m completely expecting new thin bezel iPads and possibly a thinner bezel iMac refresh. New Apple Pencil and app updates and integration to allow iPad with Pencil to be used directly as a drawing surface for Mac, similar to iPhone camera integration in iOS 12 and Mojave. 

I don’t expect to see a new Pro or a new Mini. That would be a “Back to Business” theme. 

A wildcard for for me would be a new MacBook Air two-in-one that has a touch screen that works with Apple Pencil 2 and is targeting the creative education market. Yeah, Apple has always said they wouldn’t do a touch screen Mac - but they’ve said a lot of things over the years that they wouldn’t do but then did them anyway after they figured out how to do it better than anybody else. 
    Yeah, but would it pass the BB test?

pscooter63
  • Reply 30 of 111

NYC/Brooklyn Academy of Music == Business meets Creativity == Office & Photoshop

Full Office in the iPad would be something. Then I wouldn’t have to listen to the fake Excel power users saying they can’t do pivot tables on the iPad making it useless. 
    d_2sarthosStrangeDayscurtis hannahPickUrPoisonpscooter63williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 111
    AF_HittAF_Hitt Posts: 143member
    cpenzone said:

In NYC ?!?!

Seems unusual …No ?

They did their most recent education event in Chicago. Maybe NY as it's a mecca for art?
    Just covering the most visited/ populated cities in the U.S.? San Francisco, Chicago and New York are all on the I80 corridor, but I doubt that's a reason.

Could it be a possibility they are opening a New Apple Store near the venue or one of these product launches might make New York a great backdrop for a new AR or maps iPad app?
    If they’re driving down I-80, we wouldn’t mind having an event here in Omaha! Invite Warren Buffet, catch some College World Series, go to the zoo, it would be a great time!
    curtis hannahmacky the mackywatto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 111
    I work for an Apple Premier Partner here in WNY. 

Now at least I can tell customers who ask about an soon to be released iPad when it’ll be available, just in time for Christmas. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 111
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,036member
    We do not need new laptops or iMacs and we really do not need more than a speedbumped iPad Pro (I type this on one), but we do need updated headless Macs. Yesterday- a couple of years ago.
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 34 of 111

Full Office in the iPad would be something. Then I wouldn’t have to listen to the fake Excel power users saying they can’t do pivot tables on the iPad making it useless. 
    Have a look at this... The article discusses Numbers on the Mac, but it seems to be implemented on iOS too:

https://macmost.com/using-smart-categories-pivot-tables-in-mac-numbers.html
    sarthosrainmakerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 111
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member

You do know about trackpad mode in iOS 12 don’t you?
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 111
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Why does Appleinsider insist on calling this an iPad Pro event? Are the regular iPads receiving no updates?
  • Reply 37 of 111
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    hentaiboy said:
    Why does Appleinsider insist on calling this an iPad Pro event? Are the regular iPads receiving no updates?
    Nope.
  • Reply 38 of 111
    hentaiboy said:
    The regular iPad was updated in the Spring. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 111
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    davgreg said:
    We do not need new laptops or iMacs and we really do not need more than a speedbumped iPad Pro (I type this on one), but we do need updated headless Macs. Yesterday- a couple of years ago.
    "We" meaning AppleInsider staff and readers are probably in agreement. The much wider customer base disagrees.
    ronnlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 111
    hentaiboy said:

You do know about trackpad mode in iOS 12 don’t you?
    Facepalm... No, I missed that completely...

Tho, I still want the option with an attached kb with a trackpad.
    docno42watto_cobra