ARM processor for Macs coming in 2020 or 2021, Apple car in 2023 says Ming-Chi Kuo

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    wizard69 said:
    ARM on Mac is critical to Apples future because we are quickly moving past the time where the CPU is important to overall system capability.  
    Maybe an ARM CPU is not quite as fast as an i7 right now, but they cost so much less because they don't have to pay Intel. So perhaps Apple could make a dual ARM processor MacBook Pro that would have enough power to emulate virtualization.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    ascii said:
    I wish Apple would be a bit more aggressive about moving the Mac to ARM. I have been through processor transitions with Apple before and they were not painful.

Perhaps they are waiting until the ARM processors are fast enough not just to run desktop apps (which they probably already are) but also to run a Rosetta style Intel emulator.
    This will be the start to the move to SuperOS uniting macs and tablets.  It began with Marzipan.  
    ‘Very curious if the new Photoshop will be a Marzipan app.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    I'm sure they are coming.  I'm sure they will be kick ass.  But Apple will absorb the Intel mark up.

Will they pass on the profits to fair deals for customers?

The horrendous price jumps on iPhone and iPad says not.

Greed knows no bounds.

Lemon Bon Bon.