TwelveSouth PowerPic combines wireless iPhone charging with photo frame

Posted:
in iPhone
TwelveSouth on Wednesday released the PowerPic, a 10-watt wireless charger for iPhones that blends into rooms as a photo frame.

TwelveSouth PowerPic

The accessory mounts any 5-by-7 photo, and should charge any Qi-compatible wireless device centered on the coil embedded in the frame. Compatible cases can be up to 3 millimeters thick.

Its power cable is concealed in the stand, and a light signaling when there is a problem with charging, or if charging is finished is located on the back. A 1.5-meter (4.9-foot) USB-C to USB-A cable comes in the box.

To help the product further blend in, TwelveSouth has even produced an assortment of wallpapers for both the PowerPic and iPhones, allowing the latter to complete a scene when their display is on. These include images of places like Paris and New York City.

The PowerPic is made of New Zealand pine wood and comes in white or black. It is now shipping for $79.99.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    The term cheezy is becoming useful.
    gutengelmac_dog
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    It's not a bad idea, but 3mm thickness limit is worse than most. Other than Grandma, do people still have picture frames like that sitting on tables? I have some picture frames hanging in my Hallway on the wall.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    What I would like to see from TwelveSouth is an Arc stand for the Mac mini. They make one for the Apple laptops.
    I have a NewerTech silver one for my old Mac mini, but would like one that matches the color of the new one.
    edited November 2018
  • Reply 4 of 6
    GabyGaby Posts: 190member
    You would have to be crazy to use the wallpaper feature. It is a big mistake to leave a static picture on any display for extended periods of time. Especially so on an OLED....
    What a silly idea. 
    edited November 2018
  • Reply 5 of 6
    olsols Posts: 50member
    Very neat but pricey. Perhaps I’ll wait
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dreyfus2dreyfus2 Posts: 1,072member
    The term cheezy is becoming useful.
    Well, at least they do not offer a matching real wallpaper (yet) ...