YouTuber unsurprisingly discovers that if you try to bend an iPad Pro, it will actually br...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 57
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    lkrupp said:
    This guy makes money by producing videos that neckbearded Apple haters can masturbate to. That crowd is already calling it Bendgate 2.0. I hope they have plenty of tissues to clean up their mess after they’ve finished.
    The very reason I chose not to watch the video. I prefer not to give my view.
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 57
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    … but what if I have this iPad in my back pocket and sit down on a chair ? >:)

>:x
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 57
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    I have had every generation of the iPhone save this 1st and all but one generation of iPad and have managed to not break the screen, scratch up the back or otherwise ruin the device and no, I do not use an Otter Box  other oversized case. I take both all around and most often use Kavaj cases which are mostly leather.

By now Apple has a pretty good handle on making reasonably tough cases excepting the stupid glass backed models (price out the repair bill for a broken glass back). Cannot imagine the point of an exercise like this.
    randominternetperson
  • Reply 24 of 57
    William, your articles are a joy to read.  Being German this probably has twice the value. ;)

edit: fixed an autocorrect typo. 
    edited November 2018 AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 57
    The Verge is posting the same story under the headline: "Apple's New iPad Pro Seems to Bend Really Easily." Weird how different sites handle the same news. They blame Apple while this site thinks the idiot who did everything he could to break his iPad might have some of the blame. 
    saltyzipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 57
    BebeBebe Posts: 145member
    What is the point of the video? Make money, nothing else. 
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 57
    he's hoping to make a lot of money on the ad clicks... much more than the cost of an ipad pro
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 57
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    But will it blend?
    Anachr0nwatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 57
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,291member
    I for one am very glad that imbecile destroyed his iPad Pro. He certainly doesn’t deserve to have a working one.

Suggestion for his next video: I hear camera equipment and microphones are super-breakable. Also I’ll bet you could drill a hole in a YouTuber if you really wanted to.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 57
    But will it blend?
    It seems they stopped after iPad 2 with views dropping from 18 Million downtown less than 3. which probably according to their logic would require them to bring along 12 views to make it zero for iPad 3. maybe thats why they stopped...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 57
    Jerry Rig has been testing all devices for year's, as per usual this site tries to brainwash apple readers for protectionism purposes. Anybody with a brain can see how fragile the iPad pro is, and we have to question should it be at its price point. Only time will tell if it turns into a bendgate issue, but I doubt at the price it is selling there will be enough buyers to turn this into a major issue.
  • Reply 32 of 57
    Queue in the iKnockoff Knights who will scream how much this iPad is a failure and how it should have been dipped in titanium.

Meanwhile in knockoff iPad land......

Most people just decided to stick with their phone and laptop/pc after trying out a tablet, hence why tablet sales are falling.
  • Reply 33 of 57
    Giving something that deserves no attention front page news. Since you decided to write about it of course The Verge has too. Way to go rumor sites. 
  • Reply 34 of 57
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    saltyzip said:
    Jerry Rig has been testing all devices for year's, as per usual this site tries to brainwash apple readers for protectionism purposes. Anybody with a brain can see how fragile the iPad pro is, and we have to question should it be at its price point. Only time will tell if it turns into a bendgate issue, but I doubt at the price it is selling there will be enough buyers to turn this into a major issue.
    Calling this testing is charitable. There are no force meters, those scratch picks have requirements for use, including applied force, angles of incidence, and how many approaches. 

The "tests" are a joke.
    edited November 2018 tmaywatto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 57
    To me he was just joking. I thought it was hilarious.
  • Reply 36 of 57
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    He should buy TEN of each product and “test” them and encourage his followers to all to the same. 

As anApple investor I’d appreciate the added sales.  :)
    edited November 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 57
    saltyzip said:
    Calling this testing is charitable. There are no force meters, those scratch picks have requirements for use, including applied force, angles of incidence, and how many approaches. 

The "tests" are a joke.
    Remember how he tried to use the scratch picks to show that the sapphire cover on the iPhone back camera wasn’t sapphire after all? He didn’t know how to use the picks so he applied so much force that he cracked the sapphire which to him looked like a scratch. He then went on to clickbait fame by claiming Apple was lying about the sapphire cover. Not sure he ever retracted that nonsense. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 57
    saltyzip said:

The "tests" are a joke.
    Watch his other videos, and you'll see their is some science to it and why he has such a good subscriber following. He had to use hardly any pressure to bend the iPad pro. I certainly follow him as I trust his viewpoint on how well made a device is.

I had to laugh that apple used some soft sapphire on the camera too. God knows why the iPad pro cost what it does, there is nothing to it.
    edited November 2018
  • Reply 39 of 57
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    saltyzip said:
    saltyzip said:

The "tests" are a joke.
    Watch his other videos, and you'll see their is some science to it and why he has such a good subscriber following. He had to use hardly any pressure to bend the iPad pro. I certainly follow him as I trust his viewpoint on how well made a device is.

I had to laugh that apple used some soft sapphire on the camera too. God knows why the iPad pro cost what it does, there is nothing to it.
    I've seen many of his videos. There is zero science here. How much is "hardly any pressure?" How does that relate to, say, the iPhone X or the Note 9? And, as a previous commenter already mentioned, he misapplied the picks on the lens. His subscriber base is what it is because of hardware destruction, and not for scientific rigor.

You're welcome to like and trust his videos. He is an entertaining and charismatic presenter. However, saying that they even approach scientific is like calling tofu, meat.
    edited November 2018 tmaywatto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 57
    saltyzip said:

The "tests" are a joke.
    He’s using the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, 10 being diamond, sapphire is 9. And that “sapphire” crystal lens cover clearly isn’t sapphire as tested by Jerry Rig. This is crazier than the bending.