Hands on: How to use the ECG app on Apple Watch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    I can appreciate Apple's admonishments regarding what the Watch and ECG app can and can't do. BUT I'd like to see the option of eliminating it from the Watch screen as shown in the first pic of Andrew's post.

It could be something that can be toggled off only after 25 or 50 ECGs, or so, with the assumption that the user knows full well by now what's what. That void could then be used for a bigger display of the ECG waveform. It's very cool looking.

In the first season of Lethal Weapon, Murtaugh had an Apple Watch with an ECG app (which was no doubt an sfx).

I thought it was really cool looking. Now it's real. And looks even cooler. I want.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 28
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    apollak said:
    As I also paid the full price for my AW4, I also want to have this very useful health function. So Apple please open it up for customers outside USA.
    Talk to your proper governmental agencies. I presume that you knew this was this issue already, though.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 28
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 404member
    melgross said:
    apollak said:
    As I also paid the full price for my AW4, I also want to have this very useful health function. So Apple please open it up for customers outside USA.
    That’s regulatory issues in other countries. You can be sure that Apple wants to have this working everywhere.
    It will hopefully don’t take ages, but Norway is a tiny country in comparison which will not be prioritised by Apple. Even if people are open for smart solutions here. Regulation might be likewise difficult as in outher countries like Germany. ...either way, we as customers can just wait and ask persistently. :)
    Send a letter to your representative. Sometimes they read them and do things about them.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 28
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    MacPro said:
    Amazing tech, looking forward to them adding blood pressure monitoring too if at all possible just with the watch.
    It is theoretically possible to compute blood pressure from timings from the pulse monitor and the ECG, and especially if calibrated from a doctor’s visit should be pretty accurate. Really hoping Apple is working on it. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 28
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    The part that caught my attention is:  'Download to a PDF"

This needs to be expanded out into other areas of the Health App (as well as the Activity App) which is otherwise essentially a black hole.  Currently you can look at little, tiny, meaningless graphs on your iPhone -- but that's it.

Two examples:  
    The health care industry is rapidly becoming aware of the limitations of taking blood pressure once a year in your doctor's office and migrating over to ongoing monitoring under normal circumstances.   The health app could provide you and your doctor with BP measurements taken over a month, 6 months or a year -- but currently all could do is hand him your phone.  A PDF would be far more helpful.

Heart Rate data in the Activity app is presented in a tiny little graph with no scale and is essentially worthless.  Exporting it out into an Apple Numbers chart or PDF graph would enable it to be useful.

This export feature needs to be opened up to other functions of the health and activities apps.

--------------
    And yes, Daniel -- you need too get more exercise if a little "running around" gets your heart rate up that high!

Apple is working on software using new standards that will allow you to keep an encrypted file of all your medical information, including what from your watch, to,share with health providers. In fact, the beta is active now. There re already a number of hospitals, health insurance companies and doctors offices that work with that. Look into it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 28
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    melgross said:

This needs to be expanded out into other areas of the Health App (as well as the Activity App) which is otherwise essentially a black hole.  Currently you can look at little, tiny, meaningless graphs on your iPhone -- but that's it.

Two examples:  
    The health care industry is rapidly becoming aware of the limitations of taking blood pressure once a year in your doctor's office and migrating over to ongoing monitoring under normal circumstances.   The health app could provide you and your doctor with BP measurements taken over a month, 6 months or a year -- but currently all could do is hand him your phone.  A PDF would be far more helpful.

Heart Rate data in the Activity app is presented in a tiny little graph with no scale and is essentially worthless.  Exporting it out into an Apple Numbers chart or PDF graph would enable it to be useful.

This export feature needs to be opened up to other functions of the health and activities apps.

--------------
    And yes, Daniel -- you need too get more exercise if a little "running around" gets your heart rate up that high!

Apple is working on software using new standards that will allow you to keep an encrypted file of all your medical information, including what from your watch, to,share with health providers. In fact, the beta is active now. There re already a number of hospitals, health insurance companies and doctors offices that work with that. Look into it.
    Thanks, I didn't know that.
    I'm not sure that an encrypted file designed for transmission to others will get me the analytic tools (charts & graphs, etc) that I need, but it might just unlock the door to getting there...
  • Reply 27 of 28
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    melgross said:

Two examples:  

--------------

Thanks, I didn't know that.
    I'm not sure that an encrypted file designed for transmission to others will get me the analytic tools (charts & graphs, etc) that I need, but it might just unlock the door to getting there...
    It’s supposed to give you control of you health info. You can see it. So I imagine you would know where to go to get errors corrected, which can be difficult, normally. I don’t know about analysis. What do you expect to analyze? Are you a health professional who is qualified to understand that?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 28
    RhythmagicRhythmagic Posts: 63unconfirmed, member
    Word.