Apple says some 2018 iPad Pro units ship with bent chassis, not considered a defect

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    Denys GromadskyiDenys Gromadskyi Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I guess that they used compression molding to manufacture metal cases. Deformation issues always happen, if to take take out the pressed cases from molding machine before they are cooled down. So Apple decided to increase productivity of the process, but they lost in quality.
  • Reply 82 of 87
    It's been 8 years, why aren't these made out of LiquidMetal?
    This is actually a very good question. No idea.
    Usually comes down to cost, but it must not be the end-all, be-all metal it was originally thought of as.
    edited December 2018
  • Reply 83 of 87
    Mine is perfectly fine. I’ll bet the number of people who have this issue is tiny but gets blown up on the internet. Still not a good look for Apple st say no big deal. If mine was bent it would get returned immediately.
    This is why doves cry.
  • Reply 84 of 87
    official apple store replaced my bent ipad 11 and sent another one, also bent. I don’t tolerate 1 tb cellular configuration (max price for 11 inch) with bent frame. I requested a refund and they accepted.  
  • Reply 85 of 87
    Everyday I'm grateful I got the second-generation iPad Pro 12.9 inch months before this new iPad Pro.
  • Reply 86 of 87
    thttht Posts: 5,443member
    jgojcaj said:
    Everyday I'm grateful I got the second-generation iPad Pro 12.9 inch months before this new iPad Pro.
    Heh. Everyday, I’m really envious of 2018 iPad Pro users. Doing everything I can to hold out.

Seriously though, you have a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9. You really don’t need to update for another year, unless you like to buy and sell device a lot. When the software enables more powerful workflows, that will encourage even more iPad Pro usages to update. Improving the software will be a big tent pole for increasing iPad sales.