Bluetooth in iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max reportedly causing audio connectivity issues

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    I’m caught in iPhone XS Max v. 2012 Toyota Highlander hell. Phone bt connects to car to play music, but will not take or make phone calls. I’ve done everything including the apple supervisor / diagnostics sent to engineers thing. Not one of the 7-8 ppl Ive dealt with from Apple or Verizon said ANYTHING about knowing this problem is a thing! Ugh. So irritating. My iPhone 6 never had a problem. Verizon sending new phone so I can try it again. If problem persists, I’m done. Wonder if iPhone 7 or 8 will work? These devices meant to make life more wonderful should not take years off that life after frustration-rich hours with tech support.
    edited December 2018
  • Reply 22 of 25
    I am an iPhone Xs and it is up to date with all iOS releases.  I drive a MB S550.  I am on Verizon network. I have NEVER had any issues with attempting to talk in my car over my iPhone until I purchased an iPhone Xs.  I will be at full bars on the network and I cannot talk on my phone in my car.  I have resorted to turning off my handsfree and using my Airpod in one ear to talk.

Apple performed a diagnostic on my phone and it came out clean.  I am not sure where the problem is, but what worked on the iPhone X, no longer works on the iPhone Xs.

I am very frustrated as I make many business calls from my phone daily.  I am looking at other options today which is why I came upon these posts.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    PinzPinz Posts: 1member
    FIX!!!

Go to settings on your iPhone XS - General - Accesibility - Call Audio Routing - Select “Bluetooth Headset”. Your now golden!

-Michael

• Reply 24 of 25
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Pinz said:
    FIX!!!

Go to settings on your iPhone XS - General - Accesibility - Call Audio Routing - Select “Bluetooth Headset”. Your now golden!

-Michael

This isn't a fix, this is a workaround that cuts back on some of the features that a fully-featured connection provides.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    mlblack61 said:
    I am an iPhone Xs and it is up to date with all iOS releases.  I drive a MB S550.  I am on Verizon network. I have NEVER had any issues with attempting to talk in my car over my iPhone until I purchased an iPhone Xs.  I will be at full bars on the network and I cannot talk on my phone in my car.  I have resorted to turning off my handsfree and using my Airpod in one ear to talk.

Apple performed a diagnostic on my phone and it came out clean.  I am not sure where the problem is, but what worked on the iPhone X, no longer works on the iPhone Xs.

I am very frustrated as I make many business calls from my phone daily.  I am looking at other options today which is why I came upon these posts.
    This states my problems almost exactly. I had an iPhone X and then decided to go to an iPhone Xs Max. The X connected perfectly with my 2013 Hyundai Elantra. Now that I have upgraded to the Xs Max, I can’t connect continuous. I have to keep deleting it out of the car system and the phone...then reconnect. I too am with Verizon. Everything is up to date. Apple ran a diagnostic on my phone as well. Came back clear. My car system will connect to other phones just fine. So I believe it’s a problem in the Xs