Apple will disrupt healthcare like the iPhone did to the mobile industry, says John Sculle...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    brucemc said:
    Sculley, keep it down!  The stock needs to stay down for awhile longer, so I can purchase more, and so can Apple...
    Tim’s office: “Sculley! Yeah, it’s Cook! Now you listen to me, you inconsiderate … Do not mess with the plan, my friend! I will come down there and I will hurt your dog if you mess with the plan!”
    edited January 2019 AppleExposed
  • Reply 22 of 32
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    Apple users have been going through fantasy to reality. When we look back our fantasy a few years ago, we may not find money spent worth the upgrades. The lesson learned tells us to step backward when Apple goes to another field. “Going from uriosity to useful to indispensable” was an old formula, less likely applicable in the Apple future.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    And key to being a force in healthcare is data privacy.  Thus Apple is about the only large tech company that can boast that, so I certainly hope they do change the medical world for the better in the near future.  And Apple should keep eschewing the easy profits companies like Facebook and AT&T have gone after in order to see the long term financial benefits of treating your Customers as you would want to be treated, and not whoring out their data.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 32
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    k2kw said:
    bitmod said:
    Just like the HomePod that revolutionized audio and has audiophiles throwing out their $50k systems...
    Just like Siri that revolutionized...
    Just like the Apple TV that revolutionized...
    Just like CarPlay that revolutionized...
    Just like AR capable iPhones that revolutionized...

One wonders just how many shares Sculley has... 

This is not Steve's Apple anymore and revolutionary innovation requires a visionary. 
    Think Tim or Ives are a visionary leader? 

Apple desperately needs a 'Handsome Anthony'... 

Yeah that’s exactly what I thought.   aside from the watch most Apple products make less and less of a wow.
    and didn’t Ming-Chi Kuo say that Apple would be coming out with a Car soon.   He was right about China sales tanking.   The car better be a big hit.   Seems like they have been spending enough money on it for a long time.   Time for some ROI. 
    I love reading people who think that researching a product only provides and ROI if that final product ever hits the market in the form THEY are expecting.  Any individual or company that goes into an exploratory project with a singular goal is setting themselves up for failure.  You don't know what all is going on in that arena at Apple, so spare everyone the "it better be big" rhetoric.  What if an "apple car" never sees the light of day, but during the research there are dozens of other projects for automotive or travel convenience that are discovered and created?  Armchair CEO's would I guess just sit back and say "nope, no car so they wasted their money".  
    StrangeDaysradarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 32
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    bitmod said:
    Just like the HomePod that revolutionized audio and has audiophiles throwing out their $50k systems...

This is not Steve's Apple anymore and revolutionary innovation requires a visionary. 

Except Siri did revolutionize the entire tech industry. Apple just drug their feet. Still, I would't say 1 billion Siri devices is a failure. Also it was under Jobs. 

Way way way too early for HomePod and AR. HomePod hasn't even seen a year.

AppleWatch is already revolutionizing health and AirPods are a massive hit.
    StrangeDaysradarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 32
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    airnerd said:
    k2kw said:
    bitmod said:

Yeah that’s exactly what I thought.   aside from the watch most Apple products make less and less of a wow.
    and didn’t Ming-Chi Kuo say that Apple would be coming out with a Car soon.   He was right about China sales tanking.   The car better be a big hit.   Seems like they have been spending enough money on it for a long time.   Time for some ROI. 
    I love reading people who think that researching a product only provides and ROI if that final product ever hits the market in the form THEY are expecting.  Any individual or company that goes into an exploratory project with a singular goal is setting themselves up for failure.  You don't know what all is going on in that arena at Apple, so spare everyone the "it better be big" rhetoric.  What if an "apple car" never sees the light of day, but during the research there are dozens of other projects for automotive or travel convenience that are discovered and created?  Armchair CEO's would I guess just sit back and say "nope, no car so they wasted their money".  
    Or what if Apple releases a Car that costs $100,000 that's "too expensive", sells only 3 million a year but takes 90% of the industry profits? There will be articles plastered all over the place calling it a "failure".
    edited January 2019 StrangeDaysradarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 32
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,876member
    entropys said:
    The Sculley era: when Apple made a myriad of good computers because they wanted to make a profit. Bill Gates and MS ate his lunch, and locked him out of the house that night.
    Apple would be dead if Jobs hadn’t returned to help Apple remember the purpose of making a profit is to make great computers.

Sculley is a living, breathing lesson for Mr Cook.
    Oh look, another guy who doesn’t understand the difference between underdog and broke old Apple vs industry leader MS, and Apple of today that is the industry titan and richer than small countries. 

Nope, they are not the same. The scenarios are not the same. And the products are not the same — Apple exists to make excellent devices and computers, which it does, even if some PC admin types still don’t understand why. Whine all you want, but th rest of the industry still copies Apple and follows its lead. 
    Rayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Sculley comes across as an oportunitistic commenter, like others say stating the obvious and it certainly seems that way in this case.

However for some reason I have this morbid curiosity as to his perspective these days.  He led the company during a really interesting time for Apple, the emerging PC industry, technology in general (Walkmans, VHS, camcorders, etc) and also the general economy back in the 80s.
    edited January 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 32
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    airnerd said:
    k2kw said:
    bitmod said:

Or what if Apple releases a Car that costs $100,000 that's "too expensive", sells only 3 million a year but takes 90% of the industry profits? There will be articles plastered all over the place calling it a "failure".
    I look forward to seeing the $100,000 Apple Car or SUV.
    I am sure it could sell 100,000 the first year and then 500,000
    There after.   If they are going to get into this the Auto field they should do it quickly before the old ICE manufacturers switch to electric.   I haven’t heard anything about Apple acquiring large battery supplies like Tesla/Panasonic make at the GigaFactory.

• Reply 30 of 32
    geekmeegeekmee Posts: 629member
    Wow 😮...Apple to disrupt? Where did he get that idea??
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 32
    entropys said:
    The Sculley era: when Apple made a myriad of good computers because they wanted to make a profit. Bill Gates and MS ate his lunch, and locked him out of the house that night.
    Apple would be dead if Jobs hadn’t returned to help Apple remember the purpose of making a profit is to make great computers.

Sculley is a living, breathing lesson for Mr Cook.
    Apple under Sculley is what happens when you hand over a technology and design company to the marketing guy. Every single person I knew in the professional world who had a marketing-only background was absolutely clueless about how things worked in the real world.
    edited January 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Sculley comes across as an oportunitistic commenter, like others say stating the obvious and it certainly seems that way in this case.

However for some reason I have this morbid curiosity as to his perspective these days.  He led the company during a really interesting time for Apple, the emerging PC industry, technology in general (Walkmans, VHS, camcorders, etc) and also the general economy back in the 80s.
    I imagine Sculley still holds quite a bit of Apple stock from his stint as CEO. 
    watto_cobra