Netflix pushes up Standard & Premium prices in second major hike [u]

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    zroger73 said:
    I have three primary complaints with Netflix:

1. There should be a way to turn off video previews.
    2. There should be a way to turn off that annoying and loud sound that plays when opening the app.
    YES!!! Those are both SO annoying! Who the hell is driving interface design at Netflix? Is the person behind this clueless or a sadist?
    Or this - why does it make me pick which profile to use, when I only have one profile!
    I forgot about that one! What the hell is that about? I keep thinking there must be some reason for that ridiculous step -- it CAN'T be as utterly mindless as it seems, can it?
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 42 of 49
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,624member
    In Spain you can now get Netflix included in some plans from a major carrier (Movistar)
  • Reply 43 of 49
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    This is why I like Amazon Prime Video, plus free shipping is part of the service!
    I love both to bits.  Amazon, of course, has alternative revenue streams and marketing strategies at play.  Both IMHO is a phenomenal value even at a higher cost than now and I could never imagine going back to last century's Cable / Network model. / shudder
  • Reply 44 of 49
    If Netflix is going to raise prices, the least they can do is get rid of that annoying sound when you first start Neftlix. 
    Oh, I love that!  If you use a pair of Apple HomePods at 100% volume the sound wave can move objects.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    tbornot said:
    Your local library loans DVDs for free.
    You’re paying for those through taxes.
    All the more reason to utilize the opportunity. 
  • Reply 46 of 49
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    What annoying sound when the Netflix app starts? I have it on my iPad Pro and I’ve never noticed a startup sound.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    dysamoria said:
    What annoying sound when the Netflix app starts? I have it on my iPad Pro and I’ve never noticed a startup sound.
    If you use an Apple TV there's a really cool 'K'DONG' that is ten times louder than Netflix audio tracks on shows.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    MacPro said:
    dysamoria said:
    If you use an Apple TV there's a really cool 'K'DONG' that is ten times louder than Netflix audio tracks on shows.
    That's a feature. It's also at the beginning of any Netflix Original shows as well. It's there to wake you up.
    logic2.6