Bleak smartphone industry could lead to double-digit iPhone decline in 2019

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gatorguy said:
    mac2net said:
    no doubt about it - little timmie cookie has been a one trick pony and the circus is over - say bye bye timmie
    Idiotic, low-value post very likely from a new troll account. Apple has several major revenue lines, each bigger than other entire tech firms. 

Funny how the trolls never sneer at Google’s or Facebook’s “one trick pony” of ad sales, or Netflix of subscriptions, or Gillette’s razors, etc. But but but...!
    Of course they do! There's no lack of "trolls" as you call them, including a few right here at AI, who search for any opportunity to sneer at Google's revenue model depending primarily on ads.
    Touched a nerve, did he?
    Apparently yours.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 22 of 23
    matteblack13matteblack13 Posts: 15unconfirmed, member

lenn said:
    Time for Cook and his sidekick Schiller to be replaced. Their time has come and gone. Apple needs a true visionary and not another bean counter. Apple has turned into the BMW of the tech world. Over engineer everything and charge outrageous prices and tell people we know exactly what you need.
    Clueless. Most CEOs are not product visionaries or product managers, they are businessmen who work on building the business. Jobs died, get over it. Under Cook Apple has grown into the biggest, most successful public company in human history, cementing him as one of the greatest modern CEOs in history. Deal with it. 

Also clueless - the prices are hardly outrageous. As Warren Buffet said, the iPhone is likely more valuable to people, considering all the jobs-to-be-done it serves. Additionally, there are alternatives now to the top-tier models in their product lines. iPad begins st $329, iPhone at $449, Mac at $799, etc... If you can’t afford those, you simply aren’t in the game. Sorry. 
    I lol'd at your "$449" claim as that is with select trade in, and also in the U.S. Much of the downturn at Apple references CHINA, which has zero to do with your pricing as stated. How is Apple "THE most successful public company in human history"? You gave no evidence to this. The gigantic, over-inflated market valuation that plummeted like a meteor in the last few months? I would say overall Microsoft is probably the most long term successful public company due to it's longevity of market share, and that it is putting out some hardware that's quite impressive (not the crappy models, the more expensive models. Let's not compare the Surface Go to a Macbook Pro as I have seen elsewhere, when much more competent alternatives exist). Apple has very little overall market share, long term has been very volatile, more so than Microsoft overall, and isn't innovating in a way that's captivating people.

That's coming from someone who owns multiple Apple products (won't be buying more for me, my wife is another story however), and wanted an iPad Pro until that debacle. My wife's entire family has iPhones, ranging from the 6 to the 8 (8 iPhones total, and an additional 2 with us having the newer XS Max and XR). None of them see a reason to upgrade. No way I would buy a MBP again, with it's inability to be repaired essentially, ridiculous "apple tax" on high speed storage (they aren't the only ones with fast storage) and not with the reaction is has over things like "in-spec, but "bent" $1000+ iPad Pros, when competitors in the same price range simply do not have this issue. 
    edited January 2019
  • Reply 23 of 23
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    mac2net said:
    no doubt about it - little timmie cookie has been a one trick pony and the circus is over - say bye bye timmie
    Idiotic, low-value post very likely from a new troll account. Apple has several major revenue lines, each bigger than other entire tech firms. 

Funny how the trolls never sneer at Google’s or Facebook’s “one trick pony” of ad sales, or Netflix of subscriptions, or Gillette’s razors, etc. But but but...!
    Of course they do! There's no lack of "trolls" as you call them, including a few right here at AI, who search for any opportunity to sneer at Google's revenue model depending primarily on ads.
    Touched a nerve, did he?
    Apparently yours.

Touché!

Your defensive jump did indicate something though.