Apple releases iOS 12.1.3, macOS 10.14.3, watchOS 5.1.3, and tvOS 12.1.2

Posted:
in iOS
Apple has completed its latest round of beta testing, issuing final release updates of iOS 12.1.3, macOS 10.14.3, watchOS 5.1.3, and tvOS 12.1.2 for use by the general public.

The new operating system updates can be applied directly to devices via the usual update process, with iOS users able to perform an over-the-air update in the iOS Settings app under General then Software Update, or via the Automatic Updates feature. It is also able to be installed via iTunes when the iOS device is connected to a Mac or Windows PC.

The final public releases arrive after four iterations of iOS 12.1.3 and macOS Mojave 10.14.3 were provided for testing by developers, while watchOS 5.1.3 and tvOS 12.1.2 passed through three beta iterations.

Throughout this cycle of betas, it largely seems that the releases are to fix bugs and to improve performance of existing functions, with no sign of any major changes to existing features at all. It is unlikely that Apple has added any new features to the beta releases for the public versions.

Find any changes in the new releases? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    It's up and installing for me on iPhone, iPad as of 1:30 EST. I'll grab watchOS next.

edit: watchOS also available.
    edited January 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Security Update 2019-001 for High Sierra 10.13.6 is also available.  This is build 17G5019.  
    magman1979watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 13
    mobirdmobird Posts: 753member
    Homepod had an update as well. 12.1.3 is now available in the Home app. Went with out any problems, updated a Homepod stereo pair.
    jdgazcaladanianmagman1979watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 13
    HomePod 12.1.3 "Addresses an issue that could cause Siri to stop listening". Good. I've experienced that.
    caladanianmobirdmagman1979macapfelmacguiwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 13
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    I've had a weird issue in 10.14 where dragging a file from a browser to the finder (Gmail, dropbox links, etc) sometimes crashes the Finder. Been waiting for that to clear up.

Anyway. Is it Snappier?®
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Anyone having trouble updating apps after update?!? They don’t even start!
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Must be just servers jammed with traffic some finally updated and some “waiting”.   Never mind. 😜
    magman1979
  • Reply 8 of 13
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    zroger73 said:
    HomePod 12.1.3 "Addresses an issue that could cause Siri to stop listening". Good. I've experienced that.
    I had that problem just a couple of days ago, and possibly Siri restarting twice. Here's hoping 12.1.3 is The Fix.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Did the update yesterday and now my phone requires WiFi for everything. Double checked that vpns off, attempted a network update with sprint but it hasn’t told me it’s been completed :(
  • Reply 10 of 13
    I found the last release to cause the iPhone and watch to behave frustratingly. Despite being connected and nearby, both would respond to Siri commands independently. Not always, but enough to make me want to see if either device could fly.  Here’s hoping this is resolved. 
  • Reply 11 of 13
    I found the last release to cause the iPhone and watch to behave frustratingly. Despite being connected and nearby, both would respond to Siri commands independently. Not always, but enough to make me want to see if either device could fly.  Here’s hoping this is resolved. 
    Not having any the issues you mentioned. Maybe a fluke on your update. 
  • Reply 12 of 13
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Is the 12.1.2-caused WiFi connection/performance problem resolved?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    jbajba Posts: 5member
    I dunno about these last two OS X updates... despite being able to connect to Bookstore as well as "purchased" items, "My Wish List" no longer works for Books app (the cog within the app screen just spins).