Facebook issues memo on Apple Enterprise Certificate fiasco as employees vent frustration

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    I guess FaceCrook needs to amend the job description of their software engineers to include “...and must be able to read”.
    jbdragonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 47
    macseeker said:
    It's coming! You heard it here first, Apple's iOS13 will be dedicated to make every Apple device we own 'anonymous' when connected to the internet. Our devices will just look like an iPhone or MacBook.

Privacy is Apple's next big move! :)

I could even see an iLife-like suite of Apps devoted to Privacy! 

Bad FaceBook, very bad! :)

I would even go farther, for iOS 13, facebook and its associated apps won't install and the existing ones can't work.  facebook's balls needs to be smashed.
    And just as quickly all the never-leave-Facebook crowd on iOS would switch to another platform that didn't ban them.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Rayz2016 said:
    At the same time, nobody mentions what is happening ing on the android side of things. 
    Train still chumming along happily? 
    Users totally aware of and being used to this kind of treatment?
    ios only problem?  Yeah, I thought so.
    From Rene Ritchie at iMore, quoting TechCrunch:

After this story was published, Facebook later told TechCrunch it will shut down the iOS version of its Research app in the wake of our report.

The “iOS version”?

So from this can we assume that there’s a similar program running on Android, and that Facebook has no intention of shutting it down? Why would they? Google is hardly likely to complain about nefarious data collection, are they?

On Android they can just have the app in the store and people can just download it and not have to pay people to use it.   Why would Google stop Facebook from doing what they do?  Android is just completely infested inside and out.  It seems most people just don't care.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 47
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    I guess FaceCrook needs to amend the job description of their software engineers to include “...and must be able to read”.
    Actually it reads “must be able to find loopholes and hide non-supported/unauthorized activity from third parties”
    edited January 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 47
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    I still do not see what is special about Facebook. What they offer could easily be replicated by any company with fairly deep pockets.

I do have an account, but only because it is a fairly convenient way to keep in touch with a lot of people like extended family and friends from back in the day. Were Apple to stop buying back stock, they could develop and launch a competing service with a subscription model instead of ad supported.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Rayz2016 said:
    At the same time, nobody mentions what is happening ing on the android side of things. 
    Train still chumming along happily? 
    Users totally aware of and being used to this kind of treatment?
    ios only problem?  Yeah, I thought so.
    From Rene Ritchie at iMore, quoting TechCrunch:

After this story was published, Facebook later told TechCrunch it will shut down the iOS version of its Research app in the wake of our report.

The “iOS version”?

So from this can we assume that there’s a similar program running on Android, and that Facebook has no intention of shutting it down? Why would they? Google is hardly likely to complain about nefarious data collection, are they?

That’s what I was actually trying to say. Maybe a little convoluted. Things like this apparently only gets into the limelight when connected to iOS. On android, it would appear that no one even cares. And this includes specifically the users. Not google not caring that other apps on their platform exploit user data without consent. 
    edited January 2019 watto_cobra