2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    benji888 said:
    zroger73 said:
    mac_128 said:

JWSC said:
    I keep missing this!!!!  I want one but cannot find the iPhone SE on the Apple Store app.

Any suggestions.....
    It's not on the App Store App -- web site only. There's only two models left tho ... better hurry.

https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/clearance/iphone
    Let's me add to my bag, but won't let me check out. :(
    I only see 32GB gold that can be added to “bag” for checkout right now
    Plenty more now ...
    zroger73
  • Reply 22 of 27
    mac_128 said:
    Plenty more now ...
    Caught it this time! Silver 32G on the way! Thanks!
  • Reply 23 of 27
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    mac_128 said:
    imagladry said:
    DAalseth said:
    This would be great if they kept size and upgraded processor. Their support will end soon and $300 might be waste of money. Having hardware upgraded phone for $500 that would be supported for next 4 years would be much better option. I was personally in the situation like that and as much as I like iPhone SE and its attractive price I will not buy it because of limited time support. I upgrade mobile phones every 4-5 years. I do not care what others do and I definitely do not have time for playing phone upgrades and hype - this only tool for me. So to keep cost efficiency and upgrade I went Android LG which offers solid functions (some quality is way better than newest iPhone's like screen and sound). Sorry Apple, but that was good run with 5S for last years. No more and absolutely nothing that exceeds $600 price mark for phone.
    This is what I tell people who say if I don't want to pay $1k+ for an iPhone XS then get an 8 or a 7. Yes I can save a few hundred but it will have a significantly shorter lifespan. Apple will stop pushing iOS updates that much sooner. I and not sure if my SE or my wife's 6 will get iOS 13 later this year. Once that happens the clock is ticking. We will be looking to update after that. It makes no sense to replace them with a 7 that will be in the same boat in a year or two. 
    The A9 chip found in the iPhone SE is pretty powerful. AR currently works with it. I also find it hard to believe that Apple would sell new phones and then eliminate them from upgrades 9 months later.
     Then again, other than security patches, why would I even need updates? It works perfectly now to do everything I need, and the hardware isn't going to change, so it's not like any new ground breaking features can be added.
    !!

I'm glad you were the one that said that...
    :)
    edited February 2019 muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 24 of 27
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    Got my second choice, will try for first over the next few days, if they're offered again. If it doesn't happen, I can live with it, easily.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    BTW, my purchase virtually guarantees an updated SE this year. You're welcome.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 26 of 27
    There's no reason to think the SE will not be supported as long as the 5s has been.  SE has been out for 2 years, 5s has been out for 5 years, so expect another 3 years of operating system update support for the SE. Even after OS support ends most app store developers will still continue to support EOL operating systems for another year or two before they discontinue support (still getting some app updates for my iPad 2).  So expect 3-5 years of useful life if another batch of SE's are made available and you want to buy.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    There's no reason to think the SE will not be supported as long as the 5s has been.  SE has been out for 2 years, 5s has been out for 5 years, so expect another 3 years of operating system update support for the SE. Even after OS support ends most app store developers will still continue to support EOL operating systems for another year or two before they discontinue support (still getting some app updates for my iPad 2).  So expect 3-5 years of useful life if another batch of SE's are made available and you want to buy.
    Well technically almost 3 years now (March 2016). So using your comparison, only another two years, but that’s two more OS updates.