The secret of Apple's success in selling premium tech as an affordable luxury

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    ineffectually failing” so being bad at not succeeding? Anything like bring wildly successful? I get the gist of the article, but sloppy writing can be so distracting. 
  • Reply 42 of 46
    lennlenn Posts: 36member
    Apple knows that there's plenty of suckers out there willing to pay $1k or more for a phone. Until those suckers stop giving Apple their money Apple will continue to charge outrageous prices for their phones. Simple. 
  • Reply 43 of 46
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,625member

hentaiboy said:
    I suspect that 2019 will be the year that Apple realises that their price rises went a step too far.
    Wait, do mean like how the entry-level iPad dropped to $329? You do realize you're not entitled to the TOP-TIER offerings, at ENTRY-LEVEL prices, right? Right??
    Where did he ask for top tier offerings at entry level prices? I'm not seeing it.

He's suggesting top tier offerings at cheaper prices.

Nothing unreasonable in that.

Take the the MBP for example. Do you think a 15" MBP without a Touch Bar wouldn't bring the price down by 200 or 300 dollars? It would still be 'top'tier'. The problem is Apple doesn't want you to have that option.

Now, three days before Christmas, Apple Spain has put up the trade in offer on its front page. I can trade in the iPhone 6 and get an XR for 729€. I cannot remember this ever happening in the past and this leads me to believe sales of the refreshed iPhones are lower than expected. 

So, perhaps very late in the day, Apple is now realising it went too far on prices.

Three days before Christmas and pricing gets chopped. That is unheard of.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Affordable luxury that bends.
    Why would you expect thin metal not to bend? Don’t bend it. If you receive a defect, return it as normal. 
  • Reply 45 of 46
    of course, Pixel phone is not a major product for Google. then who is the real competitor for Apple in smartphone market? People will use smartphone anyway. only if people will not use smartphones or Personal computers in the future, Apple may doom. as long as a portion of its large install base buying apple products, Apple will be one of the largest corporation in the world in terms of revenue or profit.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Now we all know that Microsoft does not care about its Windows segment now. they focus on cloud or subscription of Office suites, So do you realize that the MacOS will be only one in town..