Tesla launches new iPhone cases and folios on Amazon storefront

Posted:
in iPhone edited February 2019
You can now encase your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X in a sleek Tesla adorned case or folio through the company's new online store on Amazon.

Tesla iPhone folio case
Tesla iPhone folio case

Tesla has set up a new Amazon store offering several Tesla-branded products including a few new iPhone cases and folios along with other items such as sweatshirts and model cars.

Tesla iPhone case
Tesla iPhone case

There are two cases available, a standard snap-on shell and a wallet folio -- all available in black. The cases are available for the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X. Those rocking a newer XS, XR, or XS Max are going to be out of luck.

Tesla iPhone folio case
Tesla iPhone folio case

Details are still a bit scarce with the description only saying "designed by Tesla." The material also isn't clear though it appears to be leather. For only $35 you can nab the shell case for any of the above phones, and for $45 you can opt for the folio.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Surprisingly reasonable price.
    caladanianols
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Hey, they gotta make money somehow, because they ain’t doing it by selling cars.
    dewmeols
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Hey, they gotta make money somehow, because they ain’t doing it by selling cars.
    Actually, they've recently started to make a little bit recently...

I wonder if these shut off the phone when closed (a la the Apple cases).
    caladanian
  • Reply 4 of 17
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    Actually, they've recently started to make a little bit recently...

I wonder if these shut off the phone when closed (a la the Apple cases).
    Vaja cases do the shut off on close, turn on when opened, so it’s an available standard at any rate. 
    edited February 2019
  • Reply 5 of 17
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Tesla should make a battery case with Ludicrous Mode.
    SpamSandwichchianeil anderson
  • Reply 6 of 17
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
     Why debut with cases for the older models? My Max would love to have one of these cases. 
  • Reply 7 of 17
    hentaiboy said:
    Tesla should make a battery case with Ludicrous Mode.
    I often operate in Ludicrous Mode. Tesla should be paying me a licensing fee. ;)
    randominternetpersonanantksundaramchia
  • Reply 8 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Apple’s cases should be no more expensive than these.
  • Reply 9 of 17

I don't know.  I feel like Tesla is too late to this critical market.  I don't see how a car company can come in and disrupt this industry. 

/s

SpamSandwichchianeil anderson
  • Reply 10 of 17
    " Why debut with cases for the older models? My Max would love to have one of these cases. " Tesla.... .... Forward Thinking.
    edited February 2019
  • Reply 11 of 17

I don't know.  I feel like Tesla is too late to this critical market.  I don't see how a car company can come in and disrupt this industry. 

/s

Ha!
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Strange product. However, already sold out.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    urashidurashid Posts: 127member
    Is that a mouse shaped like a Tesla car next to the phone?  Is it available?  I'd be interested in that.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    urashid said:
    Is that a mouse shaped like a Tesla car next to the phone?  Is it available?  I'd be interested in that.
    No, that's the key fob for Models S/X.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    urashid said:
    A Tesla mouse? That could be cool looking.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,252member
    yoyo2222 said:
    Strange product. However, already sold out.
    Just like the Tesla flamethrower. 
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Now if it came with a solar charger, I'd be in.