Apple's Beats teases graffiti-styled Neymar Jr. edition Studio3 Wireless headphones

Posted:
in General Discussion edited February 2019
Apple's Beats on Wednesday unveiled a new, luxury-priced style option for its Studio3 Wireless headphones, the Neymar Jr. Custom Edition.

Beats Studio3 Wireless Neymar Jr. Custom Edition

Named after the famous Brazilian soccer player, the headphones are based on "the graffiti-writing style from the Sao Paulo streets where it all began," as well as Neymar's "Shhh" tattoo, Apple says. Functionally they're identical to any other Studio3 Wireless with Apple's W1 wireless chip, 22 hours of battery life and active noise cancellation.

Despite a product page, no release date is available. There is a price though: $349.95, $70 more than other versions of the Studio3.

Beats Studio3 Wireless Neymar Jr. Custom Edition

Apple regularly emphasizes the fashion aspect of Beats headphones as much as their practical aspect, swapping in new styles on a regular basis. In the past few months alone the company has released several "Skyline" colors of the Studio3, and two editions of the Solo3 Wireless, marking the Chinese New Year and the 90th anniversary of Mickey Mouse.

Rumors have hinted that Apple is developing self-branded over-the-ear headphones with features like noise cancellation. It's unknown what other specifications they might have, or if they'll even come to fruition -- the project has allegedly undergone multiple redesigns.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    People are strange.

Chicken scratches are now “art” and are worth a premium...

I’m thinking Apple has too many employees.

• Reply 2 of 8
    People are strange.

Chicken scratches are now “art” and are worth a premium...

I’m thinking Apple has too many employees.

Hey, they're much more affordable than a partially shredded piece of Banksy artwork.

Aside: It sorta bugs me that pretty much any dumb thing can be considered "art" or "artistic".  I mean, technically, yes, when my 3 year old scribbles on paper art has just been created. Just like when the drum is hit repeatedly with a xylophone that could be considered music.  However, the scribbling and the banging both suck. I can understand encouraging that behavior in children and this is how things start. But why do people insist that poor/no-talent artwork from adults is worthy of praise or money? I'm talking about the "artwork" that is blotches and splashes of paint or chunks of metal welded into a rusty "dinosaur". That sort of thing blows my mind.

Like this, asking price $24,000 (not joking)
    edited February 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    M68000M68000 Posts: 719member
    A bit disappointing to see AppleInsider "endorsing" or "promoting" graffiti which is rewarded by being arrested by law enforcement.    I am fine with people who want to do graffiti - as long as they only do it on their own property.  the problem with graffiti of course is that it violates the rights of somebody else and it looks like something an imbecile would do. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    thedbathedba Posts: 762member
    M68000 said:
    A bit disappointing to see AppleInsider "endorsing" or "promoting" graffiti which is rewarded by being arrested by law enforcement.    I am fine with people who want to do graffiti - as long as they only do it on their own property.  the problem with graffiti of course is that it violates the rights of somebody else and it looks like something an imbecile would do. 
    Apparently you’ve never visited any southern country in the world, because graffiti is omnipresent.
    If you are from anywhere outside of Canada or the US, then the name “Neymar Jr.” should be very familiar to you and you may understand that this edition may appeal to many. 
  • Reply 5 of 8
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    The Neymar Jr. Custom Edition. One touch and they fall over in a screaming heap.
    boltsfan17
  • Reply 6 of 8
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    hentaiboy said:
    The Neymar Jr. Custom Edition. One touch and they fall over in a screaming heap.
    Haha! I was thinking they should have a divers flag on the headphones. 
  • Reply 7 of 8
    M68000 said:
    I try not to be negative, but this is without a doubt the stupidest comment I’ve ever read on this site.
    bestkeptsecret
  • Reply 8 of 8
    the headphones are based on "the graffiti-writing style from the Sao Paulo streets where it all began," as well as Neymar's "Shhh" tattoo, Apple says.

It looks like "Shhhit".
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra