Samsung app leaks new Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Buds earphones, fitness bands

Posted:
in General Discussion
Samsung inadvertently unveiled a slate of new wearable products in an app update on Thursday, revealing images of unannounced devices like a new Galaxy Watch and a set of wireless earphones dubbed Galaxy Buds that will likely debut at a special media event slated for Feb. 20.

Galaxy Wearable
Source: SamCentralTech

Spotted in a release of Samsung's Galaxy Wearable app for Android, a single landing page points to a new sports-centric Galaxy Watch model, two fitness bands and a pair of wireless earbuds called Galaxy Buds.

SamCentralTech was first to publicize the accidental disclosure in a tweet late Thursday.

While specific product details are unknown, the leak references a 40mm Galaxy Watch Active that appears to be a successor model to Samsung's Gear Sport. The watch is consistent with the firm's existing designs, sporting a round watch face, two pushbuttons and what looks to be a stainless steel chassis.

Interestingly, the Active does not appear to incorporate a rotatable bezel, currently one of the main control schemes for Samsung's Galaxy Watch interface.

A pair of fitness bands called the Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Fit e are referenced as a pair, suggesting both models will share a design featuring a long rectangular screen and rubberized buckle strap. How the Fit differs from the Fit e is unknown.

Finally, Galaxy Buds seem to be an evolution of Samsung's existing Gear IconX wireless headphones, deleting or repositioning one external microphone port and potentially doing away with the latter's silicone wingtip stabilizers. According to the latest rumors, Galaxy Buds might be capable of wirelessly charging from the back of an anticipated Galaxy S10 smartphone.

The wearable lineup could be announced at the upcoming Galaxy Unpacked event on Feb. 20, where Samsung is widely expected to introduce a new flagship Galaxy S10 and reveal an as-yet-unnamed foldable phone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    Galaxy earbuds might be there product to match the removal of the 3.5mm audio port on Galaxy phones this year. Not saying its going to happen, but between 2016 and now Samsung seems to be the only smartphone maker that has kept it still standard.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Is this going to be the poor mans Airpods & Apple Watch??
    AppleExposedalbegarcwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 18
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,291member
    “Inadvertently”
    wonkothesanemuthuk_vanalingamSpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 18
    BluntBlunt Posts: 224member
    The numbers of the watch face are italic but why is sat italic and steps not? Makes no sense. You don't care? Well I do. Details… Samsung almost never pays attention.
    olsracerhomie3gsteenofastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 18
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,165member
    You know, I don’t recall the last time I saw a Galaxy watch, but they do tend to be snapped up on bargain websites.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 18
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,165member
    Also, before the usual bagging out the AirPods’ stalk, without it, these things look like hearing aids. So cool.
    racerhomie3watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Is it me or does the Fit use the Nike font and colouring ?  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Same procedure... it should state that - as every year Samsung intentionally had an accident and by pretended mistake unveiled...
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Blunt said:
    The numbers of the watch face are italic but why is sat italic and steps not? Makes no sense. You don't care? Well I do. Details… Samsung almost never pays attention.

Good eye, and spot-on comment.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 18
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    chasm said:
    “Inadvertently”
    LOL.  You beat me to it.  That was my first thought.  
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Has anyone had experience with a round face like this - I'd always wished Apple had released such an option (vs 'the giant chiclet') although Apple usually has good reasons for such things - I have not used either...
  • Reply 12 of 18
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Shamescum. Always copying and confused about who to chase.

I give them credit for not copying the Watch completely. Let's see how long they can keep the act up before realizing people don't like non-Apple designed tech.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 18
    smiffy31 said:
    Is it me or does the Fit use the Nike font and colouring ?  
    It's not you. Samsung is definitely copying Nike

watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 18
    damonfdamonf Posts: 229member
    gsteeno said:
    Blunt said:

They practically lifted the “running man” Workout app icon from Apple Watch. Such amazing innovation and originality. 
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Gosh, why does that watch screen look so familiar (completion rings, rings behind arms watchface, running man, and the Nike colors).... Have those clowns not one original idea in their head?
    edited February 2019 AppleExposedalbegarcwatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 18
    So... the same old crap, different day?
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 18
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    damonf said:
    gsteeno said:
    Blunt said:

They practically lifted the “running man” Workout app icon from Apple Watch. Such amazing innovation and originality. 

They've been doing this forever. No surprises here.
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra