Huawei cloning Apple parts, rewarding employees for tech theft

Comments

• Reply 21 of 131
    LatkoLatko Posts: 398member
    clarker99 said:
    laoban00 said:

tulkas said:
    MacPro said:
    No different to Google really, didn't those programmers that created Android v2 (i.e. the one they rushed out to copy iOS after they dropped their Blackberry knock off) get paid?  Those programmers being paid was a reward for tech theft just as much.
    Exactly. Huawei is copying everyone. They are the new Samsung. Samsung copied everyone for many years. Android is unabashed copy. Windows was a copy of MacOS. Sure, Huawei is a little more James Bond about it, but Apple has been the target of IP theft for decades. 

It's always made me laugh when the haters bash everything Apple and then use clones of Apple products. It's like they are trying to clown themselves. 
    Actually Apple is rarely the first to market. Wireless charging is an example I guess copying that from other is only good if Apple is doing it.  And then the the software gestures in ios 11 on copied from Blackberry and the upcoming three cameras copied from Huawei it is all good as long it is made by Apple
    Is Apple cloning Huawei parts? No.  Read the article. Huawei is cloning Apple parts bc they have no clue.

Adding a 3rd lense and adapting it in Apples own way with their own tech is not the same as cloning parts.

Patents do not just relate to parts, but also idea’s, concepts, principles. 
    Try to think more objectively.
    edited February 2019 muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 22 of 131
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    laoban00 said:

tulkas said:
    MacPro said:
    No different to Google really, didn't those programmers that created Android v2 (i.e. the one they rushed out to copy iOS after they dropped their Blackberry knock off) get paid?  Those programmers being paid was a reward for tech theft just as much.
    Exactly. Huawei is copying everyone. They are the new Samsung. Samsung copied everyone for many years. Android is unabashed copy. Windows was a copy of MacOS. Sure, Huawei is a little more James Bond about it, but Apple has been the target of IP theft for decades. 

It's always made me laugh when the haters bash everything Apple and then use clones of Apple products. It's like they are trying to clown themselves. 
    Actually Apple is rarely the first to market. Wireless charging is an example I guess copying that from other is only good if Apple is doing it.  And then the the software gestures in ios 11 on copied from Blackberry and the upcoming three cameras copied from Huawei it is all good as long it is made by Apple
    You can’t be this dense. There’s a difference between cloning parts and using existing technologies. 
    ericthehalfbeeAppleExposedlolliverStrangeDaysronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 131
    payecopayeco Posts: 580member
    laoban00 said:
    At least the Chinesse realize they dont have what is required to create such amazing products and they are trying to learn how to make it... is bad but you have to learn somewere.... Apple need to protect better its investments
    Lol. Let me know when an iphone shoots better pics than even the cheapest Huawei. For your info the best smartphone in the world is the Huawei Mate 20 pro. 
    You forgot the /s
    mwhiteradarthekatAppleExposedlolliverStrangeDaysronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 131
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    laoban00 said:

tulkas said:
    MacPro said:

I'd suggest what you say has some truth e.g. phones existed and computers existed but MacOS in 1984 (heck and Lisa OS prior to that) and iOS were pretty different to all that went before.  /Yes, I know about Alan Kay.
    radarthekatAppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 131
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,625member
    mercel said:
    At least the Chinesse realize they dont have what is required to create such amazing products and they are trying to learn how to make it... is bad but you have to learn somewere.... Apple need to protect better its investments
    And people should stop patronizing the copycat manufacturers.  I’m looking at you Huawei, Samsung, etc.  
    At this point in time it should be clear to all that a very widespread and intense slur campaign is underway by the US government against Huawei.

The US is pushing other countries hard to stop Huawei's progress in key strategic fields where the US looks to lose influence.

Pompeo is on tour at this very moment and attacking Huawei at every step - and admitting to it publicly - but with little or nothing in tow in terms of facts.

I would say if there is anything to bite on, companies must present formal charges. 'Anonymous' claims and how they are presented should be taken lightly until the 5G roll out is well under way.

Huawei's R&D outlay has been consistently near the top of the world rankings for years now and that is part of the reality the US hawks do not want to entertain. 

The courts is very much the way to go if any of the facts want to be heard (should they truly exist).

As far as stripping down competitors' products goes, I'm sure it's standard practice and I include Apple in this group too as well.

edited February 2019 GeorgeBMacprismaticsmuthuk_vanalingamCarnage
  • Reply 26 of 131
    avon b7 said:
    mercel said:
    And people should stop patronizing the copycat manufacturers.  I’m looking at you Huawei, Samsung, etc.  
    At this point in time it should be clear to all that a very widespread and intense slur campaign is underway by the US government against Huawei.

The US is pushing other countries hard to stop Huawei's progress in key strategic fields where the US looks to lose influence.

Mike Pence is on tour at this very moment and attacking Huawei at every step - and admitting to it publicly - but with little or nothing in tow in terms of facts.

I would say if there is anything to bite on, companies must present formal charges. 'Anonymous' claims and how they are presented should be taken lightly until the 5G roll out is well under way.

Huawei's R&D outlay has been consistently near the top of the world rankings for years now and that is part of the reality the US hawks do not want to entertain. 

The courts is very much the way to go if any of the facts want to be heard (should they truly exist).

As far as stripping down competitors' products goes, I'm sure it's standard practice and I include Apple in this group too as well.

So much bullshit here I don't know where to start. How about this little gem:

'Anonymous' claims and how they are presented should be taken lightly until the 5G roll out is well under way.

Really? So we should use Huawei gear to build out 5G BEFORE it's been thoroughly vetted? How fucking stupid are you?

Again, how fucking stupid are you? There's a huge difference between buying a product and examining how it works and trying to trick manufacturers into giving up trade secrets or convince them to build components for you using someone elses IP by pretending you had the same idea. Huawei COULDN'T figure out how to make these components after tear down, which is why they went to Apple suppliers to see if they'd give up anything to help them.

edited February 2019 AppleExposedcornchipmikeboggslolliverradarthekatStrangeDaysronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 131
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 403member
    The Chinese have been in a one sided war with the rest of the world on trade for a very long time. Trump didn't start this "trade war". Please get your facts right. He is simply attempting to end it.

patchythepirateAppleExposedtmayanantksundaramronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 131
    normmnormm Posts: 653member
    Because China is so integral to the world economy, and the US is such a big part of that economy, the US has tremendous leverage in China.  Disputes need to be resolved by diplomacy, not by wars, trade or otherwise.  We should have actual experts who have spent their lives understanding these issues running our international relations, not a bunch of bloviating pundits who've been wrong about everything but look good on TV.

prismaticspasser0205muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 29 of 131
    Dude, that’s China in a nutshell. Their entire economy is one built on theft.
    bwikanantksundaramlolliverkuduLordeHawkStrangeDaysronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 131
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    US gov should ban Huawei from using US technologies. They should go bankrupt like ZTE almost did.
    Trump should just impose a 25% tariff on all electronics from China.
  • Reply 31 of 131
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    You mean to tell me knockoffs are stealing from Apple?

WhodaThunk?!!?!

Yeah they don't copy Apple at all. /s

P.S. Funny how they just slapped "MateBook" on their Macbook knockoff.
    anantksundaramlolliverStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 131
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    That’s what the Chinese do: clone! That’s why I don’t buy Chinese products. The Korean companies copy too but at least they also developed and implemented  their own tech too, not the Chinese!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 131
    The US has been doing the same thing for decades. There is a Foriegn Technology Division in WPAFB in Ohio whose purpose is to reverse engineer Foriegn Technology! China has invested untold Billions of dollars in technology while the US has SPENT untold Billions on the military. If America had created the 5G technology first they would be pushing it to countries around the world (for spying as well ) and no one would have heard of Huawei. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 34 of 131
    1348513485 Posts: 343member
    Al_ien1 said:
    The US has been doing the same thing for decades. There is a Foriegn Technology Division in WPAFB in Ohio whose purpose is to reverse engineer Foriegn Technology! China has invested untold Billions of dollars in technology while the US has SPENT untold Billions on the military. If America had created the 5G technology first they would be pushing it to countries around the world (for spying as well ) and no one would have heard of Huawei. 
    Yeah, Al, that's *weapons technology*, not mass market consumer electronics, and they've been doing it for 100 years by their own admission. It's not a secret.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 35 of 131
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    avon b7 said:
    mercel said:

Pompeo is on tour at this very moment and attacking Huawei at every step - and admitting to it publicly - but with little or nothing in tow in terms of facts.

Yes...   It's becoming increasingly clear that Huawei attacks are part of the right wing trade war with China.

But, it's starting to get push back:  Great Britain told Pompeo they will make up  their own mind and run their own investigation.
    muthuk_vanalingamCarnagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 131
    It's quite fascinating what we call cloning and what innovation these days. Most of the time it's who approaches the matter and with what intentions. For instance, it's easy to do a small research regarding all these "innovations'' apple has implemented at its products. Some would say, what a marvelous innovation, whereas others would say that Apple just took the idea from someone else who was not fortunate enough to pattent it when he should! I totally agree that when Apple introduces something, that is by default fully operational that is the reason of their success. I find difficult to compare this, with Nokia that had introduced voice commands several years even before the first iPhone ! Apple thought, through the amazing marketing was the pioneer on this, on that on many many things down the line.. a simple research on YouTube someone could easily understand what innovation and what cloning is. Some would say, it's cloning when done by the others! In the end, personally , it doesn't matter. What it matters is who does it better.. who can introduce a more functional piece of tech.. 
    edited February 2019 Carnage
  • Reply 37 of 131
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    laoban00 said:

tulkas said:
    MacPro said:

If what you say is the case than why would Huawei need to waste there time and resources trying to reverse engineer Apple technology, they have been called for doing this for years  ? You didn’t deny what they do at all. You just went on on how Apple copies for others and aren’t first to market with tech. 

BGR called the Mate - 20 an iPhone X clone 

https://bgr.com/2018/08/02/huawei-mate-20-release-date-lite-version-leaks/

Phone Arena called the Mate - 20 a shameless iPhone X copy

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Huaweis-flagship-phone-is-a-shameless-iPhone-X-copy_id104612

Wired.com claimed the Huawei P9 an exact iPhone copy down the screws back in 2016. 

https://www.wired.com/2016/05/huawei-iphone-screws-

Qi wireless charging is a standard of induction charging. So there was no copying involved when Samsung and Apple and all the other manufacturers added this into their devices. 

Standards refer to the different set operating systems with which devices are compatible. There are two main standards: Qi and PMA.[8] The two standards operate very similarly, but they use different transmission frequencies and connection protocols.[8] Because of this, devices compatible with one standard are not necessarily compatible with the other standard. However, there are devices compatible with both standards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_charging

tmayanantksundaramlolliverradarthekatStrangeDaysronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 131
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member

RUN!!!

The 1-post iKnockoff Knights are coming!!!

cornchipStrangeDaysronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 131
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,625member
    avon b7 said:
    mercel said:

Mike Pence is on tour at this very moment and attacking Huawei at every step - and admitting to it publicly - but with little or nothing in tow in terms of facts.

So much bullshit here I don't know where to start. How about this little gem:

'Anonymous' claims and how they are presented should be taken lightly until the 5G roll out is well under way.

Really? So we should use Huawei gear to build out 5G BEFORE it's been thoroughly vetted? How fucking stupid are you?

Again, how fucking stupid are you? There's a huge difference between buying a product and examining how it works and trying to trick manufacturers into giving up trade secrets or convince them to build components for you using someone elses IP by pretending you had the same idea. Huawei COULDN'T figure out how to make these components after tear down, which is why they went to Apple suppliers to see if they'd give up anything to help them.

You really need to think about what is being said and what you yourself are saying.

On the one hand Huawei is being painted as the king of the hill in communications espionage (I'm speaking in general) but on the other it needs to go out and - openly - try to extract details from competitors' suppliers. In many cases, those suppliers will be supplying groups of companies of which Huawei could be one.

If there is anything illegal going on, I say present charges and get everything out in the air. Does that make sense to you?

The problem - at this point in time - is that too many dodgy claims are being made and they all mostly come from the same place.

We've reached a point where I simply distrust much of what is coming out on Huawei which can be tracked back to the US.

We went from 'national security risks' that were never backed up, through to 'urging' governments to stop dealing with Huawei through to open 'threats' of negative consequences in future dealings of any country that doesn't heed what the US is saying.

And now, over the last two or three days, it is rumoured that some key governments might not actually listen to the US because, and this is in spite of the US claims, evidence of wrongdoing on any level simply hasn't been forthcoming. Maybe some governments doubt what the US is claiming. No, they do doubt that because they know - everybody knows - why the US fears China when it comes to 5G and Huawei is seen as some arm of the Chinese government. Well, even the US admits to that. Behind closed doors the US is asking itself how it failed to catch the 5G train and fretting over the answers.

Forgive me for being sceptical on these things in the current environment, especially as the door is wide open for legal action to be taken by those who feel agrieved.

I've reached the point where I say, go ahead and make a formal accusation, let the facts be heard and decisions taken.

On the subject of 5G you obviously haven't been paying a lot of attention. So far, NOTHING has been presented, discovered or deemed so risky that Huawei must be excluded from anything.

There is a wealth of information out there from experts who simply scoff at the idea the US is trying to convey of a black and white scenario.  No, far from it, but one thing is universally accepted. NO ICT company on the planet is under the same levels of scrutiny as Huawei. None.

I doubt the US would ever allow Cisco to receive the same scrutiny and neither would Ericcson or Nokia.

So while there are doubts about Cisco and US agencies and the NSA has already been caught with its tentacles in some high profile pies I will wait and let the legal system do its thing if there is anything truly worth persuing.

Most of the top ICT CEOs readily accept that Huawei is ahead of the field in 5G. It's clear the US doesn't like that, which I can understand because this is an important global technology, but in the absence of any hard evidence and after the Snowden leaks (among other high profile cases) I will put things down to fear of being overtaken by the Chinese in this area while being unable to compete.

Now, you are in Canada. What will Canada do? Does Canada truly believe the US claims?

edited February 2019 muthuk_vanalingamGeorgeBMac
  • Reply 40 of 131
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member
    I'm amazed that companies do business with China and then can say they are surprised by theft with a straight face.  No, you are incompetent to even sit down with Chinese forces (it is basically all military owned).
    ronnwatto_cobra