Huawei cloning Apple parts, rewarding employees for tech theft

Comments

• Reply 41 of 131
    avon b7 said:
    At this point in time it should be clear to all that a very widespread and intense slur campaign is underway by the US government against Huawei.

Something is not a "slur campaign" if it's true.
    edited February 2019 ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 131
    Al_ien1 said:
    The US has been doing the same thing for decades. There is a Foriegn Technology Division in WPAFB in Ohio whose purpose is to reverse engineer Foriegn Technology! China has invested untold Billions of dollars in technology while the US has SPENT untold Billions on the military. If America had created the 5G technology first they would be pushing it to countries around the world (for spying as well ) and no one would have heard of Huawei. 
    OK, you China trolls that are showing up in spades. Here's a simple question that I invite any one of you to answer: Name one -- not two, not three, not four, just one -- product or service created/innovated by China in the past, let's say, three decades that has become a global product or service. I dare you to name one.

I'll wait.
    AppleExposedradarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 131
    RINGWALLRINGWALL Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    Darn it. No wonder p20 pro doesn't have a headphone jack!!!! Thieves!
  • Reply 44 of 131
    avon b7 said:

If there is anything illegal going on, I say present charges and get everything out in the air. Does that make sense to you?

Patience, man.

I have little doubt that we'll find out soon. Very soon.
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 131
    k2kw said:
    US gov should ban Huawei from using US technologies. They should go bankrupt like ZTE almost did.
    Trump should just impose a 25% tariff on all electronics from China.
    To be clear, if that were to happen they’d just move manufacturing to Vietnam as they’ve done in part with garment manufacturing and assembly work.
    edited February 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 46 of 131
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,253member
    mgfr said:
    We are tired of all those fairy tales… China has 5G, USA don't have, and some are "very angry"...China is outweighting USA. The Economist this week relates China filed 44% of patents in 2017 : twice the amount of USA !
    Yes, in terms of biomass, China outweighs the United States. Further, just because you filed a patent doesn’t mean it gets granted, or that you thought of the idea in the first place. Next.
    lolliverAppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 47 of 131
    hexclock said:
    mgfr said:
    We are tired of all those fairy tales… China has 5G, USA don't have, and some are "very angry"...China is outweighting USA. The Economist this week relates China filed 44% of patents in 2017 : twice the amount of USA !
    Yes, in terms of biomass, China outweighs the United States. Further, just because you filed a patent doesn’t mean it gets granted, or that you thought of the idea in the first place. Next.
    Also... patents issued in which country? In China? It’s easy to be issued more patents when you’re simply stealing the IP of the US.
    lolliverradarthekatAppleExposedLordeHawkwatto_cobra
  • Reply 48 of 131
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,668member
    Al_ien1 said:
    The US has been doing the same thing for decades. There is a Foriegn Technology Division in WPAFB in Ohio whose purpose is to reverse engineer Foriegn Technology! China has invested untold Billions of dollars in technology while the US has SPENT untold Billions on the military. If America had created the 5G technology first they would be pushing it to countries around the world (for spying as well ) and no one would have heard of Huawei. 
    OK, you China trolls that are showing up in spades. Here's a simple question that I invite any one of you to answer: Name one -- not two, not three, not four, just one -- product or service created/innovated by China in the past, let's say, three decades that has become a global product or service. I dare you to name one.

I'll wait.
    That reminded me of the 'what have the Romans ever done for us?' in the Life of Brian. LOL.

But if we are ignoring what the Chinese gave to the world centuries ago and limiting scope to the last few decades, I'd say China is leading the way in technologies related to facial recognition and exporting them with success but what is perhaps more noteworthy is the progess it has made in innovation and technology during the last 30 years:

https://www.nber.org/papers/w22854.pdf [.pdf]

And I suppose Chow Mein doesn't count ;-)

Joking apart, let's not forget that Huawei is going to be a major player in 5G and everything associated with the technologies that branch out from it.
  • Reply 49 of 131
    avon b7 said:

If there is anything illegal going on, I say present charges and get everything out in the air. Does that make sense to you?

Patience, man.

That's fine but I prefer to hear both sides of the story before reaching conclusions and even then there is more perspective to take into account:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-us-not-china-is-the-real-threat-to-international-rule-of-law/
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 50 of 131
    Al_ien1 said:

I'll wait.
    Secure quantum communications should be one?

• Reply 51 of 131
    avon b7 said:
    Al_ien1 said:

I'll wait.
    That reminded me of the 'what have the Romans ever done for us?' in the Life of Brian. LOL.

But if we are ignoring what the Chinese gave to the world centuries ago and limiting scope to the last few decades, I'd say China is leading the way in technologies related to facial recognition and exporting them with success but what is perhaps more noteworthy is the progess it has made in innovation and technology during the last 30 years:

Joking apart, let's not forget that Huawei is going to be a major player in 5G and everything associated with the technologies that branch out from it.
    Ah, I knew that ridiculous stuff like centuries old "chow mein" -- heck, I'll even grant you paper, porcelain, and gunpowder -- would be trotted out.

The only example you can come up with is a yet-to-be proven "..leading the way in in technologies related to facial recognition and exporting them with success...." How exactly are they leading the way except in building the surveillance state? Who are the companies doing this? What are their revenues? To whom are they exporting? What is the value of their exports? How does it compare with their $500B in Chinese exports to the US of other stuff that the rest of the world created or innovated?

Btw, do you know who came up with facial recognition technology, and where? (Hint: It's not China).

That's all you can come up with?! Did China come up with.... let me throw out a few random things from just the last 30 or so years... Laptops? Email? E-commerce? Search? Social networking? GUI? MRI? Flash memory? Lasers? Robotic surgery? DNA testing? RFID? Barcodes? Stents? Smartphones? Tablets? Biofuels? ATMs? LEDs? LCDs? GPS? Large scale wind turbines? PV cells? Digital photography?

If you go back a bit more, did China come up with world-changing things like Airplanes? Fiber optics? Internet? Software/programming languages? Automobiles? The internal combustion engine? Rockets? Satellites? Penicillin? The germ theory of disease? Open heart surgery? Semiconductors? Want me to go on? Want 20 more such examples? 50 more? 100 more?

Name ONE innovation from China -- OK, I'll expand it to the last 100 years -- that's in the same league as any of these. ONE. (I don't wish to single out China -- I'll take any Asian country as an example in the same league of innovative ability, if you can provide it).

Pathetic... please just slink away...

edited February 2019 radarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 52 of 131
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:

Patience, man.

That's fine but I prefer to hear both sides of the story before reaching conclusions and even then there is more perspective to take into account:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-us-not-china-is-the-real-threat-to-international-rule-of-law/
    The Globe and Mail is an anti-US rag. Moreover, it's not a serious court case, just a journalist spouting stuff. Journalists can -- and do -- say anything (in countries where such things as free speech are allowed).

Sure, let's wait to hear both sides. Wait first for the  extradition to be completed (Step 1). The facts will start to roll out. It's going to become very quickly uncomfortable for Huawei (Step 2). My popcorn is ordered.
    SpamSandwichradarthekatronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 53 of 131

RUN!!!

The 1-post iKnockoff Knights are coming!!!

Huawei isn't doing what they have been falsely accused of. I don't have any prove and neither does America! I personally think/ feel
    That the American government is greedy and that they/we have our hands in Samsung's and many other overseas cellphone manufacturers pockets and have been unable
    to get their hands into Huawei. I don't believe for one second that they have been spying on us. And what would that say about our own CIA if they did somehow manage to spy?
    That we suck in this game I would say.
    Anyways, I'm just a plain average person that has no trade secrets or too secret information that the chinChi government
    would find interesting. So, as just a plain american that like value at affordable prices
    I'll keep using my Huawei and in fact I think illI buy me another one because they do make great phones!!!!
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 54 of 131
    avon b7 said:
    Al_ien1 said:

I'll wait.

Ah, I knew that ridiculous stuff like centuries old "chow mein" -- heck, I'll even grant you paper, porcelain, and gunpowder -- would be trotted out.

The only example you can come up with is a yet-to-be proven "..leading the way in in technologies related to facial recognition and exporting them with success...." How exactly are they leading the way except in building the surveillance state? Who are the companies doing this? What are their revenues? To whom are they exporting? What is the value of their exports? How does it compare with their $500B in Chinese exports to the US of other stuff that the rest of the world created or innovated?

Btw, do you know who came up with facial recognition technology, and where? (Hint: It's not China).

That's all you can come up with?! Did China come up with.... let me throw out a few random things from just the last 30 or so years... Laptops? Email? E-commerce? Search? Social networking? GUI? MRI? Flash memory? Lasers? Robotic surgery? DNA testing? RFID? Barcodes? Stents? Smartphones? Tablets? Biofuels? ATMs? LEDs? LCDs? GPS? Large scale wind turbines? PV cells? Digital photography?

If you go back a bit more, did China come up with world-changing things like Airplanes? Fiber optics? Internet? Software/programming languages? Automobiles? The internal combustion engine? Rockets? Satellites? Penicillin? The germ theory of disease? Open heart surgery? Semiconductors? Want me to go on? Want 20 more such examples? 50 more? 100 more?

Name ONE innovation from China -- OK, I'll expand it to the last 100 years -- that's in the same league as any of these. ONE. (I don't wish to single out China -- I'll take any Asian country as an example in the same league of innovative ability, if you can provide it).

Pathetic... please just slink away...

As I said, what is far more important is how they have progressed and where they might be heading over the coming decades. The document I linked to is quite informative. Especially the section on patents

Facial recognition technology is not something people want to speak openly about but Chinese tech is currently in testing or being used around the world in both the public and private sector. HiSilicon is also developing (well it has already deployed) custom AI silicon to advance the technology even further.

Facial recognition wasn't the only thing I mentioned. I also mentioned 5G and the possible developments arising from that.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 55 of 131
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    The best part is how pretty much every single American tech Youtuber shills for Huawei as much as possible, recommending their products and claiming they're just as good if not better than Apple's offerings. I find it utterly disgusting and disgraceful, to be honest. Who knows if they're being paid to do it or not, but either way it's pathetic.
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 56 of 131
    IreneW said:
    Al_ien1 said:

I'll wait.
    Secure quantum communications should be one?
    LOL. That’s not remotely close to becoming any sort of product anytime soon. Also, such a thing would never be allowed to be sold or used by the average person in China.
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 57 of 131
    slurpy said:
    The best part is how pretty much every single American tech Youtuber shills for Huawei as much as possible, recommending their products and claiming they're just as good if not better than Apple's offerings. I find it utterly disgusting and disgraceful, to be honest. Who knows if they're being paid to do it or not, but either way it's pathetic.
    It does seem as though US tech writers (not only YouTubers) seem to rate Huawei quite highly but that doesn't make it pathetic or disgusting. I don't know how much is sponsored but, having quite close contact with the medical profession, I can guarantee you that what US pharmaceutical companies in the EU push medical professionals to prescribe their products in ways that make Huawei pale in comparison but that is how business is done and is openly recognised as such. Microsoft in its heydey was far far worse in the computing realm.

Huawei products have stood their ground on merit, though. I do not doubt there is sponsored content (in fact I sometimes see it labelled as such) but the phones are rated for what they are and currently are some of the best on offer in terms of both technology and price.
    muthuk_vanalingamGeorgeBMac
  • Reply 58 of 131
    Sad that such a talented and visionary company needs to stoop to such lows. I grudgingly accepted a Huawei wireless LTE "SmartHub" into my home because it's the only one available from my carrier. I'm hoping Huawei gets banned in Canada and my carrier is forced to find another option.

• Reply 59 of 131
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Jed_ctg said:
    At least the Chinesse realize they dont have what is required to create such amazing products and they are trying to learn how to make it... is bad but you have to learn somewere.... Apple need to protect better its investments
    Yes.... Thats why they introduced 5G, First 3/4 camera hi-tech android phones with minimum price so that everyone can afford which your fucking iPhone can't able to think or creates. Hats off to HUAWEI cos they deserve it. 
    Understand that the reason Huawei sells their crap phones so cheap is because of ripping off everyone else's IP and not paying a dime for it, and its being subsidized by the Chinese government.  All your narrow-minded mentality knows is "Phone is cheap, hence Huawei is good."  

You can claim ignorance, or any myriad of conspiracy theories about why people are clamping-down on your beloved Huawei.  With all the criticism from the U.S., AND other countries, Huawei has a lot of explaining to do.  I wouldn't trust Huawei to buy a toilet from.  Some day, Huawei (and China) is going to get a huge taste of Karma.

tmayradarthekatAppleExposedStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 60 of 131
    laoban00 said:
    At least the Chinesse realize they dont have what is required to create such amazing products and they are trying to learn how to make it... is bad but you have to learn somewere.... Apple need to protect better its investments
    Lol. Let me know when an iphone shoots better pics than even the cheapest Huawei. For your info the best smartphone in the world is the Huawei Mate 20 pro. 

Best in which regard? Pure camera quality? Battery life? Drop protection? Waterproofing? User experience? You're gonna need to be a bit more specific, friend. While we wait, we hope you enjoy your Mate 20 running Android... an operating system created by an American company. Think about that for a moment. (ps. I'm Canadian, and not an Android fan).
    radarthekatAppleExposedStrangeDayswatto_cobra