Eve's HomeKit-compatible Flare moodlight ships in US & Canada

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 2020
The Eve Flare, a HomeKit-compatible light originally launched in Europe last year, is now finally available in the U.S. and Canada.

Eve Flare

Intended strictly as a moodlight, the Flare emits just 90 lumens, well short of the 800 lumens most smartbulbs aim for. It is portable however, with a 6-hour battery life, a lantern-style handle, and IP65 water resistance. For recharging or permanent power the light comes with a wireless charging base.

The bulb can be changed to any color or brightness through Siri, the Apple Home app, or Eve's first-party app. It isn't compatible with standards like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.

One potential limitation is that the product relies on Bluetooth instead of Wi-Fi. That means it can't be controlled remotely without an Apple TV, HomePod, or iPad acting as a Home hub.

Eve is selling the Flare for $99.95.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    One potential limitation is that the product relies on Bluetooth instead of Wi-Fi. That means it can't be controlled remotely without an Apple TV, HomePod, or iPad acting as a Home hub.
    Which could actually be a feature for those who care about privacy and security.  It's nice to see companies highlighting their privacy efforts...

beowulfschmidtcaladaniandocno42watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Wow, a company that touts security! I need to remember their name and buy their products.
    caladanianlolliverdocno42watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Looks nice, but I bet it will just attract bugs when used outdoors. :'(
  • Reply 4 of 4
    While it's a nice product, but like the Hue Version, I find them to be too expensive for what they do. I am not sure what a good price point would be, but its not $$80-100
    jony0