Samsung's Galaxy S10 guns for Apple with triple-lens camera, true edge-to-edge display

Comments

• Reply 21 of 60
    jimh2jimh2 Posts: 615member
    The whole 5G thing is just smoke. All the pundits claim it is the be all end all when in reality it is faster speeds which for most people is meaningless. The speeds they speak of are hypothetical and real world will be less. It will be better for something, but no one knows what yet. The reality is that it is just another way for the mobile carriers to figure out how to gouge us for this improved service.

The quest for speed is kind of like those stupid Comcast, FIOS and others commercial stressing the importance of having ridiculous Internet speeds that no one needs or can even fully utilize. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 60
    I don't see the need for extra cameras just for the sake of it. I'm genuinely at that point now in the stagnant mobile market that I just want to see a bigger battery year on year.
    JMCKEVER
  • Reply 23 of 60
    ".... display with an integrated fingerprint sensor". Wow. That's cool. I hope they didn't steal it from Apple.
  • Reply 24 of 60
    daven said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    We have to be dishonest Samsung hit this out the ball park while apple gives us the same stuff at higher prices , you can just do so much more with samsung phones 
    There. I fixed it for you. 
    Sound like you’re a hater while I’m a iPhone user you have to admit they are killing it and miles ahead, phone to phone charger and we can’t even get a free dongle anymore 😂😂😂
  • Reply 25 of 60
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    JMCKEVER said:
    daven said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    We have to be dishonest Samsung hit this out the ball park while apple gives us the same stuff at higher prices , you can just do so much more with samsung phones 
    Sound like you’re a hater while I’m a iPhone user you have to admit they are killing it and miles ahead, phone to phone charger and we can’t even get a free dongle anymore 😂😂😂
    Apparently you haven't bothered to read Samsung's financials.  Sure, they're selling a lot of phones, but making almost next to nothing on them.  Keep trying though!
    StrangeDaysArloTimetravelerchiawatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 60
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    I was on at&t website last night looking at my bill and they kept throwing up pop-up asking if I wanted to be notified when the Galaxy 10 was available. The fact I have 7 iOS devices on my plan should give then clue I would not be interested.

Plus where is face ID, everyone was saying the Android world would have better face ID by this time.
    edited February 2019 radarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 60
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    NY1822 said:
    the "next generation charging", which iPhones are rumored to have, where you can charge other devices, is going to be a pain around needy battery hungry co-workers, who instead of asking for a charger are now going to be asking to use your phone to charge theirs
    yep you know people will try to guilt people into giving up their battery power becaused they are run down. I'm not to sure how practical this is, I doubt I would charge my AirPods using the phone, AirPods last longer and do not need to be charged as often, plus that is reason for backup battery.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 60
    JMCKEVER said:
    daven said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    So where exactly are they “killing it”?
    armsrace indeed - good for masturbating over specs , but what is in for the end user? Where is the big thing? 
    Btw the charging thingy is based on the QI standard and from my understanding a small evolutionary step others eventually will adopt as well. Unlike AirPower which - when it comes (not if) - has some revolutionary tech in it the consumer can perceive by not being forced to align the device precisely on the mat. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 60
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    JFC_PA said:
    I kove that $1980 price for the Fold!

lololol
    I dont know what so funny. It's about as much as the iPhone XSMAX in Europe...
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 30 of 60
    JMCKEVER said:
    We have to be honest Samsung hit this out the ball park while apple gives us the same stuff at higher prices , you can just do so much more with samsung phones 
    We have to be honest, your post history reveals you to be an astroturfer.
    DAalsethGabyLordeHawkradarthekatericthehalfbeechiawatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 60
    Let me guess...

No Android One = fail

If I was looking for an Android phone, Xiaomi would top my list for value.
  • Reply 32 of 60
    That was the most boring tech event I have ever watched. They e brought the Brazilian YouTubers on to demo video editing and showed nothing. Then they brought on the instagram guy to take a selfie in a very awkward way. It looked like none of the event had been rehearsed. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 60
    JMCKEVER said:
    daven said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    What’s the point of charging someone’s phone and draining your battery?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 60
    Should call it the 'monobrow'.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 60
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    JMCKEVER said:
    We have to be honest Samsung hit this out the ball park while apple gives us the same stuff at higher prices , you can just do so much more with samsung phones 
    “We” don’t have to “be honest” if honesty is having your opinion. Objective honesty doesn’t  apply to opinion. 
    Why did you bother to reply to a troll?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 60
    Samsung hasn't been competitive with Apple for a long, long time when it comes to smartphones. That's what happens when the screen is really the only thing you have to try and sell the product with. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 60
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The market is ripe for a full screen 5” from Apple. OLED, preferably, to keep the bezels small. Don’t frighten me with the price: they will, and you won’t be able to afford one, but whatever... sigh.
  • Reply 38 of 60
    Yeah of course true edge to edge......

There is an edge in the bottom and they just moved the notch to the corner... 

And in the middle of the screen.

if Apple just makes the notch smaller its already a better solution.
  • Reply 39 of 60
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    Lots of money for a quickly depreciating throwaway device running adware masquerading as an operating system.

It is a phone people, there is no justification for the pricing for a Scamsung/Samesung BOGO phone.
  • Reply 40 of 60
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,101member
    And here I am perfectly happy with my new SE. I like it when Apple keeps it simple and beautiful.
    crossladGeorgeBMac