Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Fit & Galaxy Buds are Samsung's new wearables

Posted:
in iPhone edited February 2019
Beyond the Galaxy S10 and Fold, Samsung revealed multiple wearable devices on Wednesday: the Galaxy Watch Active, two Galaxy Fit trackers, and its AirPods-like Galaxy Buds.

Samsung Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Buds

The Active uses a 1.1-inch, always-on AMOLED display, and includes exercise, sleep, stress, and general health-tracking features, such as an optional blood presure app. It supports Bixby voice controls and runs Samsung' Tizen OS, but can connect to both Android devices and iPhones, the latter including models as far back as the iPhone 5.

For people who only need a dedicated fitness tracker, the Galaxy Fit is a scaled-back accessory with a 0.95-inch AMOLED screen that can manually or automatically track workouts from a list of over 90 activities. It retains heart rate, sleep, and stress tracking, and will sync with a smartphone for notifications and features like a dual-clock watchface. The tracker is waterproof to a depth of 165 feet, like the Active.

A cheaper version, the Galaxy Fit e, uses a 0.74-inch PMOLED panel and makes performance sacrifices, for instance dropping a gyroscope.

The Galaxy Buds sport a technology called Enhanced Ambient Sound, making them suitable for listening on wheels or in heavy foot traffic. For phone calls and other voice input the device uses twin microphones on each earbud, facing in and out, intended to make a wearer heard regardless of where they are.

Samsung Galaxy Buds

The Buds can handle up to 6 hours of audio playback on their own, plus another 7 hours when recharged by their case. Black, white, and yellow versions will be available, matching a few of the Galaxy S10 color options.

Samsung didn't immediately say when the products will be available, or how much they'll cost.

Update: Samsung's Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Buds are now available for pre-order from Samsung directly, as well as B&H Photo.

Customers can take advantage of special offers, such as free Galaxy Buds with S10 and S10+ pre-orders, at both retailers now through March 7.
syedtutul

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Pictured above are AirPods connecting to an iPad.
    wonkothesaneStrangeDayspatchythepirate
  • Reply 2 of 30
    rwesrwes Posts: 200member
    Looks like it, right?!
    chiaAppleExposed
  • Reply 3 of 30
    For a moment I was worried they they would not have some obvious, blatant rip-off - after introducing some firsts. 
    I wonder how the blood pressure measurement is working.
    AppleExposedchia
  • Reply 4 of 30
    Are they doing fit bit ripoffs now?

The AirPod ripoffs were always going to happen. 
    AppleExposedchiawatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 30
    NY1822NY1822 Posts: 621member
    so now when the Galaxy Fit reduces their price to half off, they will be clumped into Samsung market share and the articles will be written how apple watch is losing market share...brilliant!
    racerhomie3AppleExposedchiawatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 30
    clarker99 said:

What do you think they ripped off exactly?
    AppleExposed
  • Reply 7 of 30
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    So do the buds hand off to different devices liked AirPods or do you need to manually connect each device. 

Has anyone seen any Samsung devices on progress wrist, I see Apple watches everywhere I'm surprised the number of people who have the Apple watch.
    edited February 2019 watto_cobraAppleExposed
  • Reply 8 of 30
    Count the ripped off elements...I see three

lolliverpatchythepiratechiawatto_cobraAppleExposed
  • Reply 9 of 30
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Poor Samsung. Can't innovate but also getting outplayed by Xiaomi and Huawei on the Apple IP theft front.
    lolliverStrangeDayspatchythepiratechiamuthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobraAppleExposed
  • Reply 10 of 30
    lammy1811lammy1811 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Can you take calls on the new active watch?
  • Reply 11 of 30
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    clarker99 said:

But...But But Apple isn't innovating!!!
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 30
    clarker99 said:

Are they actually AirPod ripoffs or the 2nd iterative advance of the Gear IconX they introduced Jul 2016?  Also isn't the Galaxy Fit just the most up to date version of the Gear Fit they brought out in Apr 2014?
    AppleExposed
  • Reply 13 of 30
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    I didnt know their Watch and other wearables could pair with iPhones. Bring it on. Keeps Apple from getting complacent.
    tylersdadbeowulfschmidtJMCKEVER
  • Reply 14 of 30
    clarker99 said:

The 5-hour talk time. Oh, sorry. AirPods only have a 2-hour talk time. My bad. 
    AppleExposed
  • Reply 15 of 30
    clarker99 said:

Are they actually AirPod ripoffs or the 2nd iterative advance of the Gear IconX they introduced Jul 2016?  Also isn't the Galaxy Fit just the most up to date version of the Gear Fit they brought out in Apr 2014?
    Umm, they are complete ripoffs. 

They dont have single original design thought from TVs to refrigerators. Their successes are directly from ripping off designs from other manufacturers.

radarthekatchiaAppleExposed
  • Reply 16 of 30
    tylersdad said:
    clarker99 said:

The 5-hour talk time. Oh, sorry. AirPods only have a 2-hour talk time. My bad. 
    So what are you going to talk about in 5 hours hahahaha
  • Reply 17 of 30
    clarker99 said:
    clarker99 said:

They dont have single original design thought from TVs to refrigerators. Their successes are directly from ripping off designs from other manufacturers.

What does that have to do with the fit bit and airpods?  Neither the buds nor the fitness band ripoff Apple or Fitbit. 
  • Reply 18 of 30
    clarker99 said:
    clarker99 said:

What does that have to do with the fit bit and airpods?  Neither the buds nor the fitness band ripoff Apple or Fitbit. 
    The Galaxy Fit looks just a little bit like a fitbit... 

watto_cobraAppleExposed
  • Reply 19 of 30
    clarker99 said:
    clarker99 said:
    clarker99 said:

The Galaxy Fit looks just a little bit like a fitbit... 

Or, and bear with me here, does the Galaxy Fit look suspiciously like the Gear Fit from 2014?  Now I'm no Inspector Clouseau, but if I was to judge I'd say Sammy iterated their own product.  Wouldn't you?   Btw, the Fitbit Charge 2 you have pictured?  It came out 2 years after the Gear Fit,  So unless Samsung copied time travel from someone...
    Related image
    Gear Fit from 2014,
  • Reply 20 of 30
    Why is everybody saying they ripped off apple? Samsungs wireless earbuds came out before the apple airpods.
    muthuk_vanalingamAppleExposed