Samsung's Galaxy S10 guns for Apple with triple-lens camera, true edge-to-edge display

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 60
    GabyGaby Posts: 190member
    crosslad said:
    That was the most boring tech event I have ever watched. They e brought the Brazilian YouTubers on to demo video editing and showed nothing. Then they brought on the instagram guy to take a selfie in a very awkward way. It looked like none of the event had been rehearsed. 
    @crosslad   Or over-rehearsed.... 
    the whole thing was completely choreographed. It was appalling. And why were all the people video calling from god knows where and the camera shots of demos were clearly staged as well. All the cutting away and going to a video then cutting back. It was a shambles and I kind of felt sorry for people. They reminded me of first class airline crew on a certain Arab airline that shall remain nameless. They all try plastering a smile on their faces but you can see they’re scared shitless as if one foot out of place and they’ll be hit by a firing squad. 
    edited February 2019 crossladwatto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 60
    sflocal said:
    Funny that Samsung is charging iPhone prices (if not WAY more now) for what is essentially a me-too lipstick-on-a-pig Android phone, and the Samdroids just lick that stuff up.  Thanks, but no thanks.  At least I know that my hard-earned money is better spent on a quality Apple phone than any of the junk that Samsung puts out.

Looking forward to seeing these phones be the flops that they are.
    Just took Asiana airlines from Korea and I would say that 90% of Koreans I have seen have the latest iphones in thier hands, even the sales ladies in the airport.....
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 60
    Well, I gonna ditch my Iphone X for an Android, my reason its Google does a better Job with the Google Assistent, were Siri still sucks big time.
    Bluetooth Audio sounds alot better on Android even on Cheap Androids, because they support better HD audio codecs...

• Reply 44 of 60
    I see no reason for the 5g model to be separate from the 4g models, is there a reason for that other than charging higher prices for 5g access?
    5G is entirely new technology, but they are basically charging a premium price for a premium experience (in terms of sheer speed of network access). Too bad that 5G networks aren't common yet, so anyone that buys this will still be using LTE for some time to come.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 60
    I need to give Samsung credit. Even their stage presentation was super-creative with the "fold" design of the screen above and below. I think that was super cool and creative!

The Fold seems to be an industry-defining device. I won't lie. Apple has their work cut out for them.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 46 of 60
    tyler82 said:
    And here I am perfectly happy with my new SE. I like it when Apple keeps it simple and beautiful.
    The SE is an example of Apple giving people what they want rather than forcing them to take what they make.
    They need to do a lot more of that....

Apple is entering a mobile computing market where their restricted, simple, minimalist product lines may be too restrictive and existing and future customers will have to look elsewhere to get the hardware they want and need.
    JMCKEVER
  • Reply 47 of 60
    I see no reason for the 5g model to be separate from the 4g models, is there a reason for that other than charging higher prices for 5g access?
    5G is entirely new technology, but they are basically charging a premium price for a premium experience (in terms of sheer speed of network access). Too bad that 5G networks aren't common yet, so anyone that buys this will still be using LTE for some time to come.
    Only if you live in the boondocks....
    It's being rolled out to major urban areas right now.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 48 of 60
    pedling said:
    Well, I gonna ditch my Iphone X for an Android, my reason its Google does a better Job with the Google Assistent, were Siri still sucks big time.
    Bluetooth Audio sounds alot better on Android even on Cheap Androids, because they support better HD audio codecs...

Good for you....take Samsung, at least they did not copy the notch and vertical dual cams like other Chinese knock off ive seen in Asia...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 49 of 60
    pedling said:

I’m thinking about switching too iPhones are nice but they are so boring it’s like buying the same phone year after year , I’m beginning to think iPhones are for old people 😂😂
  • Reply 50 of 60
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Trump admits that he's blocking Huawei as part of his trade war to let poorly performing U.S. companies catch-up -- and announces he will skip 5G and go straight to 6G.

muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 51 of 60
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    JMCKEVER said:
    pedling said:

I’m thinking about switching too iPhones are nice but they are so boring it’s like buying the same phone year after year , I’m beginning to think iPhones are for old people 😂😂

I think you are lost?

watto_cobra
  • Reply 52 of 60
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,625member
    Trump admits that he's blocking Huawei as part of his trade war to let poorly performing U.S. companies catch-up -- and announces he will skip 5G and go straight to 6G.

Those tweets are astonishing. His advisors must be tearing their hair out.

Most people knew from the outset the likely reasons for what the US was doing to try and de-rail Huawei at any cost but for him come out to post something that pretty much confirms it, is a reckless thing to do.

If it were limited to the US perhaps people would shrug it off but he has people touring Europe right now threatening governments to follow US policy on Huawei.

I'm sure EU member states are also flabbergasted by these comments.

He's basically saying he's all for competition but only if the US is guaranteed to come out on top.

The upshot is that he doesn't want Huawei's better, cheaper, technology on the playing field, much less when Huawei is delivering solutions worldwide already (40,000 5G base stations already shipped).
    edited February 2019 GeorgeBMacmuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 53 of 60
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    I’ve always wondered why Samsung doesn’t incorporate its own SOC design on its smartphones in markets like the US etc...From what I’ve read, their latest design is about on par processing power wise with Apple’s A12 series. Instead they use the apparently far less powerful Qualcomm SOC instead. 
  • Reply 54 of 60
    1983 said:
    I’ve always wondered why Samsung doesn’t incorporate its own SOC design on its smartphones in markets like the US etc...From what I’ve read, their latest design is about on par processing power wise with Apple’s A12 series. Instead they use the apparently far less powerful Qualcomm SOC instead. 
    You were being mislead then!!! Qualcomm SoCs are superior than Samsung's SoCs in the last couple of generations OVERALL. Please note the keyword - OVERALL. Samsung has focused on couple of benchmarks and push the narrative in mainstream media that their SoCs are superior than Qualcomm's. But in real world performance, that is not the case. Anandtech has done deep-dive on Samsung's and Qualcomm's flagship SoCs. You can go through them to get an idea of what I am talking about.
  • Reply 55 of 60

. . .

GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 56 of 60
    sflocal said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    daven said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    We have to be dishonest Samsung hit this out the ball park while apple gives us the same stuff at higher prices , you can just do so much more with samsung phones 
    There. I fixed it for you. 
    Sound like you’re a hater while I’m a iPhone user you have to admit they are killing it and miles ahead, phone to phone charger and we can’t even get a free dongle anymore 😂😂😂
    Apparently you haven't bothered to read Samsung's financials.  Sure, they're selling a lot of phones, but making almost next to nothing on them.  Keep trying though!
    I could care less what either apples or Samsung’s profits are , it don’t benefit me lol , when it comes to phones they just have so many features 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 56 of 60
    crosslad said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    daven said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    We have to be dishonest Samsung hit this out the ball park while apple gives us the same stuff at higher prices , you can just do so much more with samsung phones 
    Sound like you’re a hater while I’m a iPhone user you have to admit they are killing it and miles ahead, phone to phone charger and we can’t even get a free dongle anymore 😂😂😂
    What’s the point of charging someone’s phone and draining your battery?
    Oh but if apple did it you would be singing a different tune , what’s the point of having a quick charging phone but no useful accessories in the box 😂😂
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 58 of 60
    JMCKEVER said:
    crosslad said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    daven said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    What’s the point of charging someone’s phone and draining your battery?
    Oh but if apple did it you would be singing a different tune , what’s the point of having a quick charging phone but no useful accessories in the box 😂😂
    What's the point of these type of BS posts on an apple website?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 59 of 60
    JMCKEVER said:
    sflocal said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    daven said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    Apparently you haven't bothered to read Samsung's financials.  Sure, they're selling a lot of phones, but making almost next to nothing on them.  Keep trying though!
    I could care less what either apples or Samsung’s profits are , it don’t benefit me lol , when it comes to phones they just have so many features 

Couldn't care less

Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.

Couldn't care less

Does not care about something at all. Fine, I couldn't care less what you do! Good riddance! You're going out with my ex-boyfriend? Great. I couldn't care less.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 60 of 60
    jcs2305 said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    sflocal said:
    JMCKEVER said:
    daven said:
    JMCKEVER said:

Couldn't care less

Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.

Couldn't care less

Does not care about something at all. Fine, I couldn't care less what you do! Good riddance! You're going out with my ex-boyfriend? Great. I couldn't care less.

Thank you spell police 👮‍♀️ 
    GeorgeBMac