Apple drops new 'Alejandro' ad highlighting Depth Control feature

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple has just released a new ad spot on its official YouTube channel highlighting once more the Depth Control feature on its latest iPhones.

Apple Alejandro ad spot
Apple Alejandro ad spot

The ad -- dubbed Alejandro -- features a couple laying back to relax after a party. The man shows off a great picture he took of the girl on his iPhone, which happens to have a handsome man in the background.

The woman says that is "just Alejandro from work" and she definitely told him about him. Using Depth Control, the man increases the aperture of the shot to blur out Alejandro from the background of the shot.

Watch the video above or check out Apple's official YouTube account for other recent ad spots.

Recently, Apple released a series of how-to videos on using different photo and video features of the iPhone XS and XR.

Apple also has featured a series of shots using the Portrait Mode of the latest iPhones and how professional the photos can look.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Can we decide not to say 'drop' for releasing something? I think dropping is removing something that was there before. Like, eh, losing. I had to read the title a few times for it to make sense.
    randominternetpersonaegeanasdasddysamoriabeowulfschmidt
  • Reply 2 of 12
    krawall said:
    Can we decide not to say 'drop' for releasing something? I think dropping is removing something that was there before. Like, eh, losing. I had to read the title a few times for it to make sense.
    That’s the English language for you... always evolving.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    So… foldable screens on phones from two competitors, and Apple responds by showing us how a photo feature can save a failing relationship?  ;)
  • Reply 4 of 12
    krawall said:
    Vote with “your feet” and don’t read articles with “drops” in the title.

I don’t have an issue with the word “drops” but it’s a word that requires context to be understood.  A title doesn’t provide the context, and is just annoying.

For example, “He dropped in a picture of xyz into the website” works.

edited February 2019 randominternetperson
  • Reply 5 of 12
    svanstrom said:
    So… foldable screens on phones from two competitors, and Apple responds by showing us how a photo feature can save a failing relationship?  ;)
    Apple marketing has been poor the last few years, but to be fair they haven’t had much to work with.  Most of the Apple buzz has been around accessories...
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Man, what a bunch of jaded cynics. Very cute commercial.
    georgie01minicoffee
  • Reply 7 of 12
    "...the man increases the aperture" - I'm not a photographer, but I think the aperture setting is simulated on an iPhone using software. It's not a real aperture change. Shouldn't this website use accurate technical terminology? 
  • Reply 8 of 12
    krawall said:
    Should we get off your lawn as well?

krawallminicoffee
  • Reply 9 of 12
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    krawall said:
    That’s the English language for you... always evolving.
    It shouldn't evolve confusingly though. There are other contronyms out there but I can tell in context whether to dust means to add dust or to remove it, by the context of it being a cleaner or a forensic team. This title is ambiguous. 
  • Reply 10 of 12
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Alejandro?   Add should have been titled Cuckold. 
  • Reply 11 of 12
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Alejandro?   Add should have been titled Cuckold. 
    Go back to 4chan or YouTube, bro.
    fastasleep
  • Reply 12 of 12
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    krawall said:
    I agree. The lack of context makes the excuse of “evolving language” a poor one. Also, it’s slang. You generally reserve slang for informal usage, not frelling headlines.
    beowulfschmidt