Apple in 2019 and the future of iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26

There's just a little bit about the future of the iPhone. It doesn't warrant a place in the title. Other than that, it was an enjoyable read.

I was actually going down memory lane yesterday, reading about John Dvorak's opinions and predictions for the iPhone. It's a wonder he's still around!!

lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Smartphones hardware has outpaced software innovation by a significant degree.

Apple doesn’t want to get into a value discussion fight.  Can Apple find a use for AR?  The clarity of the camera can only drive sales so far...

Version 12 of iOS was a “stability” release.  Will v13 be innovative? 

My biggest reason with staying with Apple is iMessage... that’s not good.
    Then go buy a Huawei Phone and good luck
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 26
    I think the future of iPhone is it will take smartphone marketshare gradually and will stand as a second biggest vendor in the world. but Samsung and Huawei may exchange their position...but again these ranking do not matter at all. what important is to build the best product and software as much as you can so that you can contribute to the world..
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Articles like this live in a past where Apple disrupts every market they enter.  Not the present where Apple no longer has that power.  They didn't dominate streaming boxes, nor smart speakers, 4 yrs in they're still behind Spotify.  The Streaming video service is looking like an uphill fight.  Things have changed and Apple must evolve with the times.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    The downfall of an empire is difficult to predict in advance, but very clear in hindsight.
    If you take this meta hint seriously, we have to ask, whats clearly wrong with Apple now.
    I think that burning almost all Apples money is clearly unexplainable in the future and will be one importand factor contributing to the downfall of this company.
    Apples ‘social’ engagement and ‘political correctness’ is also a very worrisome development.
    Lack of quality and bad choices of future technology is another sign on the wall.