Apple's 'iPhone can do what?' site refresh highlights privacy, usability, and entertainmen...

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 2019
Apple has refreshed part of its website detailing the iPhone's key features, with the "iPhone can do what?" page highlighting the smartphone's different functions and services, including those relating to privacy, usability, and entertainment.

iPhone can do what?

Updated on Wednesday, the iPhone features page has the title "That's iPhone," and uses a new tiled design that lists many of the major features the iPhone possesses. While some elements are simply images with links to see more information, some consist of videos that show to users the features in action.

The list of highlighted features include how every iMessage communication is secured with end-to-end encryption, the water resistance of the latest models, mass communication with Group FaceTime, the ability to find and remotely wipe a misplaced handset, and Do Not Disturb While Driving.

Some elements offer a quick guide to using features, including basic functionality such as recording the screen or creating a Memoji, though it also offers some more in-depth tips as well. For example, the page teaches how to use search in Photos to find images of bicycles and to pick the best shot from a Live Photo, as well as how to use the ARKit-based Measure app.

The latest website addition follows five days after another change, advising users about their devices. The "There's More to iPhone" campaign in the UK and France offers videos and information about the security and privacy credentials of the flagship mobile device.

Update: Complementing the "iPhone can do what?" website revamp, Apple on Wednesday published a series of short videos to YouTube showcasing certain iOS features and capabilities.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    kkqd1337kkqd1337 Posts: 424member
    i've owned an iPhone since 2008 but i am growing tired of Apple and their misdirection in these adverts

iMessage is indefensibly terrible - why they added those stupid 'haha' and 'thumbs up' responses is beyond me, and you can't search messages, and they need to just stop behaving like children and make an Android app.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Sad, the fact android stole everything from Apple made iPhone less unique. Which is why people say "my android is basically the same" as if Apple didn't have to do any hard work for it to be that way.
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    Sad, the fact android stole everything from Apple made iPhone less unique. Which is why people say "my android is basically the same" as if Apple didn't have to do any hard work for it to be that way.

I’ve seen my friends latest Android phone. IPhone clearly remains superior.
    edited March 2019 lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,291member
    kkqd1337 said:
    i've owned an iPhone since 2008 but i am growing tired of Apple and their misdirection in these adverts

iMessage is indefensibly terrible - why they added those stupid 'haha' and 'thumbs up' responses is beyond me, and you can't search messages, and they need to just stop behaving like children and make an Android app.
    Why does it matter to you if Apple adds a “thumbs up” to Messages (a very popular feature) if you don’t use it? How could it possibly affect you?

Also, you can search Messages. Just because you don’t know how to use a feature doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I’m getting the distinct feeling you don’t use Messages at all, and have to come to places like this to get people to talk to you ...
    edited March 2019 lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    kkqd1337kkqd1337 Posts: 424member
    chasm said:
    kkqd1337 said:

Why does it matter to you if Apple adds a “thumbs up” to Messages (a very popular feature) if you don’t use it? How could it possibly affect you?

Also, you can search Messages. Just because you don’t know how to use a feature doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I’m getting the distinct feeling you don’t use Messages at all, and have to come to places like this to get people to talk to you ...
    It affects me because I can’t turn it off and stop people sending me stupid thumbs up messages

And as far as i’m Aware there isn’t a way to search individual message threads in iMessage or search for a common word such as ‘holiday’ which may be mentioned multiple times to find exactly what you are looking for 
  • Reply 6 of 6
    MicDorseyMicDorsey Posts: 100member
    Apple apparently does not understand that learning a new concept while being required to read the directions is asking the brain to do two distinct things (and in 15 seconds, no less). If the viewer were presented with narration plus visuals in 30 seconds, actual learning could take place. Another note to Apple: cut the "music" because you're just trying to be cool and instead you're muddying the waters.