Apple's 'It's show time' video and Apple News event is on March 25 at Steve Jobs Theater

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    elijahg said:

We shall see what this event shows us and what the event in the Fall shows us. Not sure if I’m going to stick with Apple but as of right now yes. Dazzle us Apple, bring back the WOW factor. Tim said that they’re working on products that will blow us away. We shall see. 
    Unfortunately Tim's idea of something that will blow everyone away increasing iPhone prices. It may actually be true however, since this seems to blow everyone away to Android.
    The increasing iPhone prices might blow me away to Android. It’s really sad to see what is happening at Apple or not happening for that matter. I’m not saying he was the end all be all of Apple but when Steve died, some of the magic died with him. 

His keynotes were always awesome and I always looked forward to them. Now, not so
    much. 
    edited March 2019 elijahg
  • Reply 42 of 49
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,753member
    elijahg said:

We shall see what this event shows us and what the event in the Fall shows us. Not sure if I’m going to stick with Apple but as of right now yes. Dazzle us Apple, bring back the WOW factor. Tim said that they’re working on products that will blow us away. We shall see. 
    Unfortunately Tim's idea of something that will blow everyone away increasing iPhone prices. It may actually be true however, since this seems to blow everyone away to Android.
    His keynotes were always awesome and I always looked forward to them. Now, not so
    much. 
    I have to agree, Steve had passion and really believed in the products he was selling. Cook doesn't honestly seem to believe what he's selling is great, It may just be his slow drawl, but it seems like he's been told what to say by marketing. A new slide comes up and he often says something abruptly that he's missed out. "The new iPaaad is really magical." <new slide> "andfasterthanbefore". I'm glad he only spends a small proportion of the keynote time on stage, other people are much, much better at presenting than him.
    edited March 2019 tomjunior39
  • Reply 43 of 49

Calling the day off for this one!

Normally I would be excited about this but it's a media streaming service and I'm not sure I'm excited for having to pay money monthly for something. But I'll be watching regardless.
    tomjunior39
  • Reply 44 of 49
    laytech said:

New video service
    free to all Apple users
    Apple will support 4k Dolby Vision/Atmos on every production

Big call for free to all Apple users maybe free to all Apple Music Subscribers that would be a wow factor but the numbers surely could not add up unless content is a loss lead.

For me, all I want is BBC News streamed live so I can finally get rid of Foxtel (satellite TV).

In fact, allow me to pay the UK TV license and get all BBC television would be a bargain in my book.
    I wouldn't bet it being free at all, but I do agree it is at least possible it will be included with Apple Music as Amazon Prime already has the Music and Video service and it seems Spotify is going pushing for the Hulu inclusion with its service. I could also see a limited free trial with the purchase of New Apple devices, possibly up to a year with a purchase of iPhone XS or something(maybe the potential new Apple TV release), but that will likely be a one time deal thing.

I'm still wondering if Apple is committing to all exclusive content or will allow streaming of certain channels such as the BBC, because it would be nice but likely more expensive (unless they have it split into 2 tiers).
  • Reply 45 of 49
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    kkqd1337 said:
    The only ‘service’ i’m Interested in getting from Apple is a higher free icloud allowance for phone backup. 

The 5gb shared storage they offer is pathetic
    $.99 a month gets you 10x that.... B)
  • Reply 46 of 49
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    elijahg said:

The increasing iPhone prices might blow me away to Android. It’s really sad to see what is happening at Apple or not happening for that matter. I’m not saying he was the end all be all of Apple but when Steve died, some of the magic died with him. 

much. 
    OMG STOP!!!! I can't handle the stupid Steve Jobs crap anymore. It's beyond ridiculous.  He's gone..long gone at this point. You're price complaint just makes no sense .. Apple hardware price have ALWAYS been high compared to the competition. If you are blowing away to Android so be it, but price being the only reason just doesn't make sense.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    jcs2305 said:
    elijahg said:

much. 
    OMG STOP!!!! I can't handle the stupid Steve Jobs crap anymore. It's beyond ridiculous.  He's gone..long gone at this point. You're price complaint just makes no sense .. Apple hardware price have ALWAYS been high compared to the competition. If you are blowing away to Android so be it, but price being the only reason just doesn't make sense.
    OMG I WON’T STOP!!!!!!! Yeah, he’s gone...long gone but so is the magic of Apple. It died with Steve. That’s right, I said Steve. Yes, I actually did blow away to Android today. Samsung Galaxy S10+ which blows the competition away. Why I waited so long is beyond me. 
  • Reply 48 of 49
    elijahg said:

much. 
    You guys should check out the new foldy screen phones when you jump ship! =)
    They're SUPER cheap!!!! I think they are only about two grand. The Samsung one only has like a 3” bezel on the front screen too, it’s gorgeous. Seriously, only like 5x thicker than the bezel on a 3GS. It’s amazing the use of miniaturization technology over the last decade plus.
    And I know that two grand is double what Apple should be allowed to charge for a laptop (see? I really DO read all your comments!), but it’s so totally fair for a phone that’ll get updates for 9-12 months!
    Anyways guys... enjoy. Please come back & tell us what the water is like.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,564member
    You can't see YouTube 4K vids because of the lack of VP9 support on macOS and iOS. In short, because Apple and Google do not will it so.
    I didn't know that, Mike. So I googled it. I found out (you probably already know this) that you can get YouTube 4K vids on macOS if you use Firefox and set a flag in it. I've tested that and it seems to work fine. I already had Firefox installed but I avoided it because I can't figure out how to disable the ads & links that appear on each New Tab.