How to check if your flight is on a Boeing 737 MAX 8 & find the best seats on any aircraft...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    It just could be a few people on this thread may have to eat their words if this is true.  Statistics don't always take anomalies into account.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/boeing-plans-autopilot-software-update-after-two-737-max-crashes/
    edited March 2019 chia
  • Reply 22 of 27

Heard on the radio that the first plane went down as the sensors were sending erroneous data and the software didn’t handle it well. Long and short of it , it stalled, crashed and blew up. Also, too few sensors with no voting out any bad signals. Or that was the theory this guy was peddling. 

No no idea of this latest crash is the same cause but since they never fully proved or fixed the first one I wouldn’t trust flying on one of these planes. 

What absolutely amazes me is -

a) Boeing saying “there is no problem”

b) The US isn’t grounding them until they figure it out , so they are literally gambling with your lives. 

So many countries have now banned them until they figure out the problem. The US should too. To hell with Boeing’s share price. 

If you choose to fly on one of these planes, aren't you the one choosing the "gamble" your life?  Personally, I'm glad commercial air travel in the US hasn't been crippled by an over-cautious FAA.  
  • Reply 23 of 27
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

Heard on the radio that the first plane went down as the sensors were sending erroneous data and the software didn’t handle it well. Long and short of it , it stalled, crashed and blew up. Also, too few sensors with no voting out any bad signals. Or that was the theory this guy was peddling. 

No no idea of this latest crash is the same cause but since they never fully proved or fixed the first one I wouldn’t trust flying on one of these planes. 

b) The US isn’t grounding them until they figure it out , so they are literally gambling with your lives. 

So many countries have now banned them until they figure out the problem. The US should too. To hell with Boeing’s share price. 

If you choose to fly on one of these planes, aren't you the one choosing the "gamble" your life?  Personally, I'm glad commercial air travel in the US hasn't been crippled by an over-cautious FAA.  
    I just read there was a software update just released for this 'no problem' to stop nosedives due to a glitch.  Hopefully, it is already being installed. Luckily for Boeing, thousands of American passengers can test it to see if it works since no one else is flying them it seems.

EDIT: US is grounding them.  EDit 2: I just read it could take months to deal with update and approval etc.  SouthWest is up shit creek it seems.
    edited March 2019
  • Reply 24 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    MacPro said:

I just read there was a software update just released for this 'no problem' to stop nosedives due to a glitch.  Hopefully, it is already being installed. Luckily for Boeing, thousands of American passengers can test it to see if it works since no one else is flying them it seems.

EDIT: US is grounding them.  EDit 2: I just read it could take months to deal with update and approval etc.  SouthWest is up shit creek it seems.
    Yes, I saw that these aircraft were being involuntarily grounded in the US by the Feds. That’s a bad move, IMO.
    edited March 2019
  • Reply 26 of 27
    I love the CBS News article on this (via Apple News, of course).  The second line in the article is "All planes in the air at the time of the agency's order were allowed to reach their destinations but where prohibited from taking off again, the FAA said in a statement."  That's a relief. 
  • Reply 27 of 27
    steveausteveau Posts: 299member
    I use Tripit. Totally brilliant!