Giving your Coffee Liquor some *KICK*?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I like drinking the fancy pants, flavored liquors by days end to relax (just a shotglass or 2...)- coffee, creme de cocoa, watermelon shnapps, and just recently picked up butterscotch. ...but they never seem to make them "strong enough". 15% is all you get, it seems (unless you move up to Goldschlager, but I've had enough of that stuff). So is there a tastless or complementary sort of alcohol I could add to the above examples that would spike up the alc content w/o changing the flavor?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    everclear is "tasteless"

give it a shot.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Vodka is your friend. Try a Vulcan Mind Probe...Vodka and Blue Curacao...good stuff.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I thought Café Rica had kick. (Like Kahula but stronger) I tried and bought some in Costa Rica 2 years ago but must wait to drink here in the US. (Drinking age is 18 in Costa Rica) :frown:
  • Reply 4 of 6
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    I've always been curious about Vodka. So what is Vodka, exactly? Is it like a Russian "Everclear"? A whiskey of sorts? What?

Everclear! [smacks forehead] That makes perfect sense! Remembering back to the fratboy days, they were putting that stuff in everything (drinks, jello, whatever you got...)

Thanks guys!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

I've always been curious about Vodka. So what is Vodka, exactly? Is it like a Russian "Everclear"? A whiskey of sorts? What?

Everclear! [smacks forehead] That makes perfect sense! Remembering back to the fratboy days, they were putting that stuff in everything (drinks, jello, whatever you got...)

Thanks guys!

Vodka is usually made from rye or potatoes. The higher quality you get, the less taste there is. However, I'm a vodka guy and can drink the cheap stuff straight without a problem.

Ooh, also try vodka and cranberry juice. That's good stuff.