Apple sold 35 million AirPods in 2018, currently most popular 'hearable' brand

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    Appleish said:
    Cool. They are great and I see them everywhere I go. 

But my launch day pair, that they did not offer AppleCare for, barely last half an hour now.

So even though they have great sound and functionality, for the last year more and more I have had to grab my EarPods when making phone calls to make it through conversations/business calls.

v 2.0, please. 
    Mine as well, but...batteries are a consumable source of power. They cannot and will not last forever. Just like running shoes (which cost more than APs) after six months, these will get used up.

But yeah it would be nice if v2 were ready by now. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member

DAalseth said:
    lkrupp said:
    Cue the doubters. Jump right in, fellas and gals.
    Okay I'll bite. I thought they were a terrible design. Uncomfortable, insecure in the ears, with terrible sound. My opinion has not changed. Apparently other people don't agree so I guess YMMV. But for me they are a non starter.
    Good thing you don’t make product. Comfortable, stay in my ears, sound good.

On sound, they sound better than th wired version. And while not as good as big cans, for my use cases (music in gym, netflix in bed) they are completely fine.
    edited March 2019 AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:
    gatorguy said:
    As  Brit I have to say I am not convinced the Daily Mail is such an ideal source to quote science from.
    It wasn't the Daily Mail that was being quoted. They were just one of the outlets. Being in the Daily Mail isn't reason to accept or reject it as being worth at least being aware of.
    You quoted the Daily Mail.  Your usual anti-Apple spin.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    MacPro said:
    gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:
    gatorguy said:
    As  Brit I have to say I am not convinced the Daily Mail is such an ideal source to quote science from.
    It wasn't the Daily Mail that was being quoted. They were just one of the outlets. Being in the Daily Mail isn't reason to accept or reject it as being worth at least being aware of.
    You quoted the Daily Mail.  Your usual anti-Apple spin.
    Ah, so now the Daily Mail is an anti-Apple publication too! I didn't know. Is dodging so many windmills tiring for you? 
  • Reply 25 of 26
    I've purchased three pairs during the past two years. I have only one complaint—and it's a major one—battery life for telephone calls is far too short.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Forgot to mention Bose got "sound quality" as a key driver?

Wow proof marketing will fool people.
    No kidding, huh?

I've listened to AirPods on a few occasions, the sound is about what one would expect from that type of speaker, i.e. less than "mind-blowing", but I don't really expect much more from something like that, either Apple's or Bose's.

On the other hand, the statistics shown, i.e. fewer people chose "sound quality" as a determining factor than than comfort and fit does not mean that sound wasn't important.  It could mean that they though the sound was just fine, so went with the ones that are more comfortable, whereas the Bose users sacrificed comfort for what they perceived to be better sound.