Apple unveils 5th-gen iPad mini with Apple Pencil support, better Retina display

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    macxpress said:
    So if you have the latest Pro and also would like a mini for portability you can’t share a Pencil across the devices. How ridiculous.
    Almost as ridiculous as your post. Why the hell would someone buy an iPad Pro and then an iPad mini for portability? As if the iPad Pro isn't portable enough? LOL!!!!!!!
    I have a 12.9” iPad. It’s great but I wouldn’t consider it very portable. Are you suggesting no mini owners also have a bigger iPad?
    I don’t believe you really think that the 12.9” iPad is not very portable so that it would require an iPad Mini companion for portability !
    Exactly! This is argument is picking at straws here...trying to find an argument wherever you can. 
    elijahg
  • Reply 82 of 86
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,700member
    gatorguy said:

Exactly my thoughts. Apple needs to get back to making great products not filling out a spec sheet to meet specific price points.
    Why can't Apple make great products at different price points?
  • Reply 83 of 86
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    gatorguy said:

Exactly my thoughts. Apple needs to get back to making great products not filling out a spec sheet to meet specific price points.
    Why can't Apple make great products at different price points?
    Yet I thought before everyone was bitching because Apple products were too expensive?! They can't win! You can't have it both ways folks! 
    edited March 2019 elijahg
  • Reply 84 of 86
    RSGinSFRSGinSF Posts: 22member
    markbyrn said:
    Sorry Tim Apple, I'm not blown away by this 
    oh! does this not delight, pleasure, amaze and orgasm you?

for shame, Apple!

perhaps this product was not made for you? has that occurred to you? probably not.

i rarely check into the comments on new Apple products these days, but having done so here, for a very welcome update on a product I still use practically every day, I see the quality and the tone of the trolling has stayed, disappointingly, stale and well, perhaps outdated? now, some new, innovative trolling without those embarrassing old-fashioned bezels, and with FaceID, actionable from every word? and with bigger, fatter pencils? that would really have 'blown <me> away'!

i'm so disappointed. in fact, I am outraged!

after 20 years you'd think these people would have moved on to newer, more exciting targets? apparently not.

PS also:

to the person complaining that the updated Mini is "for the person who wants the smallest and least usable Apple Pencil:" I have both Pencils, and I believe that the Gen1 is actually perhaps a millimeter *larger* than the Gen1 (i.e. they're practically identical in size, tho not shape or weight), but I should check on that.

anyway, trolls! carry on! like the 80's, perhaps you'll be back in vogue just any year now!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 85 of 86
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    Great job Apple. My wife and son now have an iPad future. :)
    leftoverbaconwatto_cobra
  • Reply 86 of 86
    This checks all the boxes for me. Pre-ordered already. Can't wait for it to show up!