AAPL now 'strong buy,' will climb back to $225 in 2019, says Needham

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    bugsnwbugsnw Posts: 717member
    lkrupp said:
    slurpy said:
    But wait, all the analysts said that Apple was fucking finished when the stock took a dive, and there were headlines every 5 seconds explaining to us that the stock drop is the result of Apple's numerous inherent failures of a company and their uncertain, but probably doomed, future. Of course, not that it's been clawing it's way back up (as any fucking rational person could have predicted with near 100% certainty) it's suddenly a "BUY BUY BUY" again. So reactive, every single time.
    Amen, brother slurpy. Such is life on Wall Street. Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes AAPL is again within striking distance of both Microsoft and the $1 Trillion market cap. The “Apple is doomed” narrative has achieved mythical status and is now ensconced in the annals of financial analyst bullshit. And OH! Fire Tim Cook™
    Keep Tim Cook. Bring a better/new product visionary for better products. As an investor, the supply chain is golden. As a consumer, the product roadmap is mediocre.
    Aaploutsider, I couldn't have said it better myself. The products are simply losing their shine. Maybe it's unrealistic expectations, but when I ask my teens and their girlfriends and friends about Apple, they don't feel like Apple is innovating anymore. A lot of that, admittedly, is superficial. We all would have been more jazzed if the new iMac was chinless, for example. I wish there was something exciting in the "one more thing..." pipeline.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    bugsnw said:
    lkrupp said:
    slurpy said:
    But wait, all the analysts said that Apple was fucking finished when the stock took a dive, and there were headlines every 5 seconds explaining to us that the stock drop is the result of Apple's numerous inherent failures of a company and their uncertain, but probably doomed, future. Of course, not that it's been clawing it's way back up (as any fucking rational person could have predicted with near 100% certainty) it's suddenly a "BUY BUY BUY" again. So reactive, every single time.
    Amen, brother slurpy. Such is life on Wall Street. Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes AAPL is again within striking distance of both Microsoft and the $1 Trillion market cap. The “Apple is doomed” narrative has achieved mythical status and is now ensconced in the annals of financial analyst bullshit. And OH! Fire Tim Cook™
    Keep Tim Cook. Bring a better/new product visionary for better products. As an investor, the supply chain is golden. As a consumer, the product roadmap is mediocre.
    Aaploutsider, I couldn't have said it better myself. The products are simply losing their shine. Maybe it's unrealistic expectations, but when I ask my teens and their girlfriends and friends about Apple, they don't feel like Apple is innovating anymore. A lot of that, admittedly, is superficial. We all would have been more jazzed if the new iMac was chinless, for example. I wish there was something exciting in the "one more thing..." pipeline.
    Your teens and their girlfriends don’t feel Apple is innovating anymore? Sounds completely not made up.  /s
  • Reply 23 of 23
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Your teens and their girlfriends don’t feel Apple is innovating anymore? Sounds completely not made up. /s
    Just because you didn't have a girlfriend as a teenager, doesn't mean it's implausible for anyone.