MacMice?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
anyone have one of these? they look nice, have a scroll wheel.

i'm thinking of selling my new logitech mx500 since it crashes my computer

<a href="http://www.macmice.com"; target="_blank">MacMice</a>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    How does your MX 500 crash your computer? My MX 700's perfect.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>How does your MX 500 crash your computer? My MX 700's perfect.</strong><hr></blockquote>

every morning i go to use the scroll wheel to look through email and i have to do a warm bootbecause my entire computer freezes. it used to do it a few times aday, now it's only happening once a day
  • Reply 3 of 15
    trebuchettrebuchet Posts: 176member
    Woah! Those look nice. I just might have to splurge and pick one of those mice up. Price isn't too bad either... considering an Apple mouse is $60!!!
  • Reply 4 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member

<strong>How does your MX 500 crash your computer? My MX 700's perfect.</strong><hr></blockquote>

read <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002999"; target="_blank">this</a> thread in the GB about it
  • Reply 5 of 15
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Paul, i tried all that stuff, still have the problems. i might have to wipe my drive...i don't know.

i think i read that there are problems with logitech drivers and Jaguar. they haven't updated their drives for a long time, they really need to
  • Reply 6 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    i was showing EmAn your problem... I know it isnt resolved yet
  • Reply 7 of 15
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    I have one of those MacMice, and I have to say that for me it just doesn't work. The rocking motion never felt good or natural in any way.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    [quote]Originally posted by Paul:

<strong>i was showing EmAn your problem... I know it isnt resolved yet </strong><hr></blockquote>

oh
  • Reply 9 of 15
    I would try getting rid of the Logitech Control Center and try using USB Overdrive to see if that works.
  • Reply 10 of 15

<strong>I would try getting rid of the Logitech Control Center and try using USB Overdrive to see if that works.</strong><hr></blockquote>

do you use that?
  • Reply 11 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by burningwheel:

<strong>

do you use that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nope, the Logitech Control Center works fine for me. I used to use USB Overdrive and it worked great too.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    I bought one. I like it a lot.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Check with Logitech.

I see they have an updated driver supporting 10.1.2 - 10.2.4 (posted 03/14/2003).

Try it again, worth a shot. Or return the mouse under warranty.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    For a little enjoyable reading on the person behind MacMice (and MacTable.com, and......), check out these reader reports at MacInTouch. (MacMice portion is near the bottom, but read it all)

Interesting stuff.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Interesting!